onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert

I have just listened to Crosby’s interview on Radio Stoke.

He said start of the second half we went at them, got the equaliser and looked the most likely side to win it?

The stats said Newport had 6 shots on target to Vale’s 2 and had 8 corners to Vale’s 2.

What planet is he on ?

He has said all along he doesn’t look at the League Table, What a pity he hadn’t.

4 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Fair.

The crowd were a disgrace today. All the plastics booing every two minutes didn't help anyone. We looked nervous and bottled it, as you rightly say.

I said the same 

I prefer us with 6K who get behind the team instead of parents bringing the kids playing on their bloody tablets

4 hours ago, jeffers said:

When all is said and done, FGR & Exeter took several years to achieve their goal.

Yeah I fail to share the belief of the more optimistic fans that if we don't do it this year, we'll do it next year.

FGR and Exeter have been scrapping around for years. Same for today's opponents. All well-run clubs, so it's hard to say 'we have a DoF ergo we will improve our position next season'.

Next season you've likely got a big-spending Bradford and Salford, alongside moneybags Wrexham and Stockport. Absolutely no guarantee the league is as open as it has been this year. We had a superb chance and have blown it.

I think ppl are being a tad harsh on Worrall. All season he’s had to play in all three positions on the right. When he does get the ball from Smith (who they were talking about being a £1m player a few years back). It’s a ten yard ball with Worrall coming closer to him so he’s facing our own goal with a defender right behind him. Smith is a liability, together with Hussey and there’s no pace at the back, or in the team. Look at the relationship Worrall had when Gibbo was RB, Gibbo could play it short and go for the return, Smith lays it off and thinks he’s done his bit. Worrall would also come short and spin off the defender as Gibbo would play it long over the top, into the hole.

Great post Joe B again as usual.  If we miss out on the play-offs this season has been a failure and will take some getting over going into next season.  We look to have completely bottled it, that first half performance was completely unacceptable and we showed no fight whatsoever.  There is no way this team is getting anything next week, we have to rely on Harrogate getting a result against Sutton to prevent this season from becoming a let down as sure Swindon will get a draw at Walsall.  

Everyone thinking next season we will be up there no problem, it won't be that easy, this was an unbelieable opportunity for us and chances like this don't come along often.  Gillingham, Doncaster and Wimbledon for me are likely to be strong at League 2 level, Wrexham and Stockport if they come up will have top 3 budgets at this level and likely to spend a load, Mark Hughes hasn't gone to Bradford without the promise of a lot of money, Crawley been taken over by American owners who have promised big investment, the likes of Newport, Salford, Tranmere will be challenging I am sure, this could be the best chance.

1 minute ago, ollyandpatch said:

I have just done my forum trawl...The main topic is why we booed our players off at half time when going for promotion..??

Olly, I think most of the negativity comes from the supporters who don’t go every week and haven’t witnessed these performances all season.

1 minute ago, Playa Amodores said:

I think ppl are being a tad harsh on Worrall. All season he’s had to play in all three positions on the right. When he does get the ball from Smith (who they were talking about being a £1m player a few years back). It’s a ten yard ball with Worrall coming closer to him so he’s facing our own goal with a defender right behind him. Smith is a liability, together with Hussey and there’s no pace at the back, or in the team. Look at the relationship Worrall had when Gibbo was RB, Gibbo could play it short and go for the return, Smith lays it off and thinks he’s done his bit. Worrall would also come short and spin off the defender as Gibbo would play it long over the top, into the hole.

You are assuming Smith actually manages to get it to Worrall- it’s a toss up whether he will 

Well, what can I say. Absolute bottlers. Might not even get play offs. The first half was absolutely disgusting. The only players to come out of that with any credit for me are Martin, Pett and Garrity. Smith was absolutely atrocious. And I never want to see Hussey in a vale shirt again.

Was nice to see DC and his family on the pitch at the end, only positive thing about the day.

1 minute ago, Playa Amodores said:

Olly, I think most of the negativity comes from the supporters who don’t go every week and haven’t witnessed these performances all season.

I think it comes from another pathetic turgid display right from the off, tbh. 

Archived