onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

How disappointing 

Connor Hall was a huge huge miss 

You want your more experienced players to turn up and Wozza,Proctor and Hussey were poor 

I really think we tried our best but you can't have too many players giving 5/10 performances in games that matter 

Wilson's skill showed how good he can be and I thought Charsley was our best MF 

Best we can hope for is Swindon or Sutton not to win but I can't see it 

I wish Bristol fans etc would Naff off and post on their own forum instead of trying to wind proper football fans up. And by that I mean throwing a vile individual of your manager in the air and chanting his name. What a horrible excuse of a human being he is

Advert

Surprised at the magnitude of our collapse over the last 3 games, but been saying all season that we aren’t a great side. No flare, no pace, no real footballers, too many times we’ve had decent 10-15 spells that have been enough but by and large it’s been attritional, too much ball in the air with no real pattern of play. And when teams suss out your danger areas, like Walsall and several others have, then we look a poor side. And that’s exactly what we saw today.  We might get in the play-offs, I think the reality now is that we won’t, but as I’ve been saying we certainly won’t win them. Beating Mansfield, Bristol, Northampton or Swindon other 2 legs????? Ummmm. 

Another horror show from a group of players who didn’t look like winning a game of football or more importantly wanting to win the game of football. Quite simply not good enough. The defence is a joke and we look like conceding every time someone runs at us or splits us open with one pass. Very disappointed tonight and won’t say much more as we all think the same. We’ve been let down massively again. The fans have been brilliant shame about the players these last three games. We won’t even make the play offs and I’m probably glad as we would have more heartbreak on tele. Let’s hope with paying Smurf off this side can add much needed quality all over the pitch if we are to have a better season next. 6/7 of that side need replacing. Newport looked far better than us when they had the ball. 

8 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

Why are they talking on P&G that we'll have to "settle for the playoffs"? That the playoffs look the most likely? We've not got a hope against Exeter and I can't see Sutton dropping points against Harrogate 

I agree with you. If Swindon draw and Port Vale lose even by a single goal then Swindon overtake you. But it depends which versions of Harrogate and Sutton turn up on Saturday as both have been Jekyll and Hyde performing recently. 

2 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

Why are they talking on P&G that we'll have to "settle for the playoffs"? That the playoffs look the most likely? We've not got a hope against Exeter and I can't see Sutton dropping points against Harrogate 

As you say we rely on Sutton losing to stay in the POs.  Whereas for promotion we would have to beat Exeter, hope  Cobblers and Brizzle lose, also Mansfield draw. After today`s performance an early end to the season could be an advantage in strengthening the squad and preparing for next season

Predictable Port Vale bottlejob. The last three games has to rank amongst the largest collapse in the club's history. Stoke, Crewe, and Walsall fans are laughing at us, and rightly so. The last three games has been an embarrassment and an affront to the fans. Utterly diabolical performance. I had low expectations and I'm still disappointed. Not a single player emerges with credit, and some were outright shocking. Where were the leaders? Nathan Smith can't be allowed to touch the ball with his feet. Proctor seems to have collapsed in the last few. Distinctly second best against a team with 1 win in 8.

Another season in League 2, making it our longest run in the 4th tier since the late 1940s. I wouldn't have 'snapped your hand off' in August if you offered me 'go away to the title challengers and need a point to finish in 7th'. I've got a bit more ambition for my club in the lowest tier of professional football.

I'd have openly laughed in your face if you offered me this after Hartlepool. I'd have thought you'd lost it. Look at us now. 'Not being Oldham' isn't comfort for what has happened these last few weeks. We can all pick arbitrary dates and say 'well, it's better than what we expected then'. On Good Friday I was almost certain we were up. Shameful, shameful bottle.

A poor January shafted us. We had one January signing in the 11 today. 1 off the bench. 5 not featuring. A waste of a window which absolutely decimated squad depth. Three goalkeepers, and none of them good enough. What on earth is Stone doing before the corner for their 2nd?

We were desperate for a goal and all we had to add to the team was a 19 yo with 0 goals in 10 in non-league. Tried to be far too clever with this 'player trading' nonsense and ended up with a wafer-thin first 11 nearly entirely assembled in a good summer window, which crumbles when Brad Walker inevitably breaks down + no options off the bench + subpar goalkeepers.

I can't be as philosophical as some fans. 'Roll with the highs and lows, enjoy every moment'. Where are the highs? 6 seasons in 4th tier football? More adminstrations than promotions since I started attending in 2001? Bottling a 5 point lead with a series of abject performances against teams with nothing to play for, culminating with a dire display on Sky Sports. Being a Vale fan is just low after crushing low. I attended today with my 90yo Grandad and I want something to celebrate with him. We can't keep muttering 'next year!'. I'm sick of it. We had 90 minutes against a finished team, and in classic Vale fashion, bottled it.

Our home capacity being 8,700 is dreadful. Proper Barrow/Crawley territory. What has happened to our stadium? Rapid investment needed instead of refitting the tunnel and the Lorne Street getting new tellies.

I feel for the fans who queued up for hours and have spent a shedload on Exeter, for what is now a fairly pointless game. Feel for the lads who go into work/school Monday and, again, get ripped by gleeful rivals. Feel for Carol too. Serious inquest needed as to what has happened. 

We go again! Next year! Keep the Faith! ad infinitum. 

Just as bad as it gets that. It looks as if someones plonked 11 strangers on the pitch. Trying to stay postive but genuinely believe that we are going to have to rely on other results for us to make the play offs. Will be the most vale thing in the world us losing out on play offs now will be

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Predictable Port Vale bottlejob. The last three games has to rank amongst the largest collapse in the club's history. Stoke, Crewe, and Walsall fans are laughing at us, and rightly so. The last three games has been an embarrassment and an affront to the fans. Utterly diabolical performance. I had low expectations and I'm still disappointed. Not a single player emerges with credit, and some were outright shocking.

Another season in League 2, making it our longest run in the 4th tier since the late 1940s. I wouldn't have 'snapped your hand off' in August if you offered me 'go away to the title challengers and need a point to finish in 7th'. I'd have openly laughed in your face if you offered me it after Hartlepool. I'd have thought you'd lost it. Look at us now. 'Not being Oldham' isn't comfort for what has happened these last few weeks. We can all pick arbitrary dates and say 'well, it's better than what we expected then'. On Good Friday I was almost certain we were up. Shameful.

A poor January shafted us. We had one January signing in the 11 today. 1 off the bench. 5 not featuring. A waste of a window which absolutely decimated squad depth. Three goalkeepers, and none of them good enough. What on earth is Stone doing before the corner for their 2nd? We were desperate for a goal and all we had to add to the team was a 19 yo with 0 goals in 10 in non-league. Tried to be far too clever with this 'player trading' nonsense and ended up with a wafer-thin first 11 which crumbles when Brad Walker inevitably breaks down.

I can't be as philosophical as some fans. 'Roll with the highs and lows, enjoy every moment'. Where are the highs? 6 seasons in 4th tier football? More adminstrations than promotions since I started attending in 2001? Bottling a 5 point lead with a series of abject performances against teams with nothing to play for, culminating with a dire display on Sky Sports. I attended today with my 90yo Grandad and I want something to celebrate with him. We can't keep muttering 'next year!'. I'm sick of it. We had 90 minutes against a finished team, and in classic Vale fashion, bottled it.

Our home capacity being 8,700 is dreadful. Proper Barrow/Crawley territory. What has happened to our stadium? Rapid investment needed instead of refitting the tunnel and the Lorne Street getting new tellies.

I feel for the fans who queued up for hours and have spent a shedload on Exeter, for what is now a fairly pointless game. Feel for the lads who go into work/school Monday and, again, get ripped by gleeful rivals. Feel for Carol too. Serious inquest needed as to what has happened. 

We go again! Next year! Keep the Faith! ad infinitum. 

What an absolutely terrific post. Couldn't have put it better myself. Get in the dressing room!! 

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

A poor January shafted us. We had one January signing in the 11 today. 1 off the bench. 5 not featuring. A waste of a window which absolutely decimated squad depth. Three goalkeepers, and none of them good enough. 

We had 2 January signings starting, we had 3 on the bench one of whom came on and the best January signing injured. The worst mistake we made was signing Holy. Playing Stone through Covolan’s ban and since and I suspect we would be guaranteed play offs now. Holy was a disaster. 

Just now, Jacko51 said:

We had 2 January signings starting, we had 3 on the bench one of whom came on and the best January signing injured. The worst mistake we made was signing Holy. Playing Stone through Covolan’s ban and since and I suspect we would be guaranteed play offs now. Holy was a disaster. 

He wasn’t that bad was he. How many actual goals were his fault. He’s been no worse than the other January signings other than hall

Just now, Jacko51 said:

Forgot Hussey, which is good for him as his first half was utterly shambolic.

Archived