onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

No player is having a night mare the problem is we have no player(s) having a brilliant game, midfield absent again, no Vale player to make something happen.

We're still in this if we can make something happen and get a goal.

They've got some good footballers and dangerous on the counter, Finn Azaz for one.

Advert

1 minute ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Hussey is putting in the worst performance I have seen since we had crap like Rae Ingram. How is he a professional?

Perhaps the worst performance I have seen this season, and I have stayed up and watched some tripe.

The Micky Adams Vale promotion squad was light years ahead of this. Forget the play offs, we are out. Aboslutely embarrassing so far.

Unexpected drive by for big Rae! 😮

I'd take Hussey off.

3 CBs isn't working 

Newport are dropping off and letting us try to play from the back 

Build up is too slow 

I'd go 4 3 3 

Amoo for Hussey 

Gibbo for Wozza 

Pett to play deep to fetch the ball off our GK or CB 

Garrity to play nearer to our MF 

We need to show much more urgency  

Fortunately it's only 1-0 so we have 45 mins to out things right

People watching at home will be wondering whether they’re watching a must-win promotion game or a re-run of You’ve Been Framed, because some of our play has been lads and dads standard. The left side is just a mess, get Benning off he’s been a real headless chicken; Charlsley beats a man then checks and plays the ball backwards and has no idea what a slide rule pass is; Smith gets worse with the ball at his feet, how many times has he needlessly found touch??? Worrall, poor again; Garrity been anonymous, Wilson’s bony language not great and looks a bit half-arsed today; Pett just out-muscled. Only Proctor offering anything for me. 

Absolute disjointed mess of a 1st half, typified by that incident with Smith and Stone. 

If, by some miracle, we score two goals this half AND manage not to concede, does anyone seriously expect us to win at Exeter??? 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Paul6754 said:

No player is having a night mare the problem is we have no player(s) having a brilliant game, midfield absent again, no Vale player to make something happen.

We're still in this if we can make something happen and get a goal.

They've got some good footballers and dangerous on the counter, Finn Azaz for one.

Azaz has that ability to pick it up and run with purpose, we have no-one like that. Not even Garrity has been doing that recently.

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

I'd take Hussey off.

3 CBs isn't working 

Newport are dropping off and letting us try to play from the back 

Build up is too slow 

I'd go 4 3 3 

Amoo for Hussey 

Gibbo for Wozza 

Pett to play deep to fetch the ball off our GK or CB 

Garrity to play nearer to our MF 

We need to show much more urgency  

Fortunately it's only 1-0 so we have 45 mins to out things right

I agree with everything you've suggested there!

2 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Hussey is out of position and just back from injury. Why not look at these so called big players. Proctor Wilson Pett Garrity and Worrall have been <ovf censored>. 

No he's not he's regularly played CH 

And we absolutely pushed the boat out to sign him 

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

People watching at home will be wondering whether they’re watching a must-win promotion game or a re-run of You’ve Been Framed, because some of our play has been lads and dads standard. The left side is just a mess, get Benning off he’s been a real headless chicken; Charlsley beats a man then checks and plays the ball backwards and has no idea what a slide rule pass is; Smith gets worse with the ball at his feet, how many times has he needlessly found touch??? Worrall, poor again; Garrity been anonymous, Wilson’s bony language not great and looks a bit half-arsed today; Pett just out-muscled. Only Proctor offering anything for me. 

Absolute disjointed mess of a 1st half, typified by that incident with Smith and Stone. 

If, by some miracle, we score two goals this half AND manage not to concede, does anyone seriously expect us to win at Exeter??? 🤣🤣🤣

Keep the faith, it's not over until the fat lady sings--unfortunately I think I can hear her warming up!!!

Lose this, and lose against Exeter, if Swindon AND Sutton win, we’ve <ovf censored> it. Based on a quick check. But who can we beat in the playoffs playing like this?

3 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Could go 4 at the back here and change it a bit by bringing Amoo and gibbo on. Don’t agree with Charsley having a good game, thought he’s been awful on the ball IMO. Hussey had a shocker for the goal, got caught wrong side and then fell over. I think Worrall is hiding, when smith gets the ball he’s constantly running away from him and giving him nothing to hit. Bennings been poor, but there’s been no link up play when a wing back gets it, no forward going to them and showing for the ball. The one decent half chance we had was when Garrity hit the front post with a low cross, Proctor had made the run and then checked it. If he’d carried on I think he would have got there. Need change something quickly now, wouldnt be surprised to see a change at half time. 

Archived