onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

15 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

OK I could change my team a 100 times between now and tomorrow .

Covalan 

Gibbons Martin Hall 

Worrall                       Hussey 

Pett Charsley 

Wilson 

Proctor Garrity 

Try that be pleasantly surprised at the outcome  .

UTV 

I really can’t see AC changing the keeper or the back three at this late stage.

Advert

21 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

No way Hussey starts for me particularly at home. Play almost comes to a standstill and we lose impetus and momentum. 

Benning was shocking at Walsall so were 7 or 8 others. He's had 1 bad game in 10.

Can't help thinking our upturn came when we were higher tempo and less safe.

We can't be safe and laborious we have to win 

I agree. Benning to start for me. We need to be on the front foot and at them. Benning plays forward, Hussey is more of a backwards, sidewards wing back. 

There’s no way the same team plays against Newport that started against Walsall. At least 1 change coming, maybe 2. We might as well go for it because we may need the points and the goals for the goal difference. Can’t believe it’s come down to these games after all the points we’ve just thrown away with crazy decisions and simply not turning up.

Legs into Pett, an almost nailed-on cameo from Gibbo, Proc refreshed and rested, big crowd, a team that don’t have the players that BR brought, now or never mentality = we win on Monday. No doubt.

SHOCKING: Team that trailed 2-0 and 3-1 scores twice and injury time to win 4-3 securing playoffs and keeping autos alive, and the fans celebrate

Snooping on other teams forums several weeks after we played has to be a life low point. Get your maths homework done and behave.

If you aren’t still at school , then I’m even more concerned for you.

Swapping a wingback isn’t going to make the difference between winning and losing. Having a midfield that breaks the attack up, controls the play and passes the ball FORWARDS will. All 3 need to turn up, whoever plays, because I could have been more effective at Walsall and I would have at least knocked the ball into Willo’s feet against BR.

Barrow are scoring goals and staying close in games with the top teams, there is no certainty they get rolled by Northampton. Maybe knocking the ball from side to side against Northampton at home in another boring stalemate was not the way to go. Hindsight. We’ve been too conservative against too many teams, but we can put it right still.

22 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I really can’t see AC changing the keeper or the back three at this late stage.

No I cannot but Stone needs to be on his toes ,if we play as well as what I expect us do he should have relatively nowt do but needs to have the mindset that nothings going past me today etc .

We should be on the offensive I don't want see players passing the ball out of play and I want see players joining in .

Gibbons joins in and creates space when at it big ask but out of all our players he as the star quality to set off on lung busting runs where his momentum carries him into areas other do not even try get into .

If he plays well along with Garrity we win well 

UTV 

17 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Personally I think he’s played well overall since he came back in to the team. We also went on a winning run. 

The risk is he turns out another Rovers/Walsall performance and 1/3rd of the sub options is wasted from the off.

6 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

No I cannot but Stone needs to be on his toes ,if we play as well as what I expect us do he should have relatively nowt do but needs to have the mindset that nothings going past me today etc .

We should be on the offensive I don't want see players passing the ball out of play and I want see players joining in .

Gibbons joins in and creates space when at it big ask but out of all our players he as the star quality to set off on lung busting runs where his momentum carries him into areas other do not even try get into .

If he plays well along with Garrity we win well 

UTV 

I would also put Gibbo in at RCB if fit. We need to create chances and find pockets of space, and I believe Gibbo can do that from RCB. 

I don't see it with Benning at all. I've been a bit disappointed with Hussey but his set-piece/crossing ability has him above Benning whenever he's fit, imo.

Benning's a hardworking player with pedestrian athleticism and has every cross deflected/blocked. I don't agree that you keep players in because the team was on a winning run a few weeks ago. On that basis, you recall Covalan as we won a lot of games when he was in goal, or Dan Jones deserves has to start, and once a team goes on a good run, that 11 are safe from being dropped even if they put in some dire performances back to back.

You pick the best team to beat Newport and Exeter, not the team which nicked wins vs Hartlepool and Oldham and has since played poorly twice in a row. Benning hasn't been great all season and I don't think he should be guaranteed a spot because he put in non-dismal performances when we won games.

43 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

We have to be careful with Gibbo, he has been out for a while, no way he will play full match

I knew his injury record was bad but a quick bit of research makes me very worried.

21/22: 36% of minutes played

20/21: 17%

19/20: 83%

18/19: 27%

17/18: 55% (didn't start playing until 9 games in)

Bar 19/20. Gibbons has just never been very fit and available. A very talented footballer who I'd want to retain but I imagine Flitcroft will be questioning the cost-benefit of his wages when priced up against his availability.

Archived