onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

46 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

They have to be put to bed. I was unfortunately one of the ones at Colchester,  a dreadful performance. 

2 weeks later in front of a baying Bradford crowd we gave an accomplished away performance,  yes we hung on at the end but overall we were excellent. 

What's gone has gone. We are certainly more than capable of winning both, likewise could lose both. That's league 2 for you. 

With the mentality the squad has shown I really hope and expect the last two games to be history come 3-00 Monday. 

It's in our hands and it's a 4 horse race not a one horse race as Bristol rovers appear to think. Anyone ruling Northampton out is foolish.  

It's all down to us.

Andy Crosby has said judge us after 46 games 

It'll be nail-biting but hopefully the squad will be a bit fresher and be at it from the off 

I really didn't enjoy the Bristol game as I found the atmosphere very hostile. They think they've already achieved promotion.

Advert

9 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I've seen his interview. A vile individual who thinks by using long words,he is some sort of intellect,educating the world on his managerial capabilities.

However the Bristol fans have clearly forgotten that he took them from 19th,to rock bottom. The team he has created are a mirror image of him...can play a bit but niggly and a terrible disciplinary record.

They think they are promoted already

25 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Any football team scoring 2 in injury time in a game if they win there favourites for promotion would celebrate like that 

But Coutts was sent off for violent conduct and he conducted the match at Vale park and wasn’t Anderson substituted for a hamstring pull(?) so that helps us? But we have to bear Newport come what May anyway 

19 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

But Coutts was sent off for violent conduct and he conducted the match at Vale park and wasn’t Anderson substituted for a hamstring pull(?) so that helps us? But we have to bear Newport come what May anyway 

Good news then mate I can’t really see them slipping up at home against Scunthorpe though but yeah at least the our players will have a clear mind 2 wins are needed full stop 

If we fail to win on Monday, then I'll be seriously concerned with the mentality of the squad in pressured situations, which doesn't bode well for the playoffs. As a poster has said, this is our third chance to get it right.

9 day rest. Only a couple of injuries. Up against a team with nothing to play for. We should be perfectly prepared for everything about them. They're in dire form (won 1 in 8), and Telford has 1 goal in 11. 

A win could shift the trajectory of the club. A loss could confine us to another season of lower revenues and no guarantees of promotion, potentially losing the likes of Gibbons and Proctor on free transfers.

We can pat ourselves on the back and say 'next year!' like we did when Askey finished 8th, but football is unpredictable and we aren't assured anything next year. I can be satisfied with progress when we're in League 1, not League 2. Goal every year is to get out and never go back.

Loss on Monday is a failure. No question about it.

16 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Yeah I think the pearl-clutching over Rovers fans going on the pitch is unnecessary.

We got told off for over-celebrating at Hartlepool yet none of our lot invaded the pitch and lifted the manager?

It’s down to us tomorrow, pointless thinking of Exeter just yet but need to get a result and take it to Exeter.

Newport are in poor form and we’ve got to embrace the big crowd this time. Hopefully 9 days have given Gibbons more time to get up to speed and with the minutes in the bank last weekend Pett is ready.

If we don’t win tomorrow in the circumstances we don’t deserve promotion. Simple as that.

Archived