onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

7 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
10 minutes ago, Nightwish said:
Hope Cobblers make it if Vale don't. Any club that appoints a wife beater in any capacity has no moral compass.

100%, anyone but a barton team

I've read his Wikipedia page 

He should have been locked in a prison cell and the key thrown away 

What a horrid little man 

I think the Bristol fans forgot that he actually took them down

Advert

11 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
14 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:
Vale and Mansfield can get to 81 pts, Vale currently have a 6 goal better goal difference than Mansfield. Theoretically Vale could get pipped to the autos if Vale and Mansfield win both games and Mansfield can overturn the goal difference but it's  unlikely.  I prefer Vale's position rather than Mansfield's for an auto spot.

For me, we beat newport and its between us and Bristol last day. Mansfield hopefully wont get enough of a goal swing to get past us now.

I'm with you there in that I don't think Mansfield will get enough of a goal swing to over take Vale so two Vale wins will do it but until it's mathematically impossible I don't like to count any chickens!!!

Must admit I'm firmly with AC on this, let's concentrate and beat Newport first.

7 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Hopefully we will be a couple of goals ahead but if we're level on Monday with 10 mins to go, do we go chasing the victory to get us in the top 3 or make sure we get the point that will secure a play-off spot.

Chase victory. Promotion is right there! We've had one in 30 years. Go get it! Be a normal club who has success and suchlike. There's no guarantees next year at all. It's football. Take your chances.

I simply can't content myself with another year in this wretched abyss of a division. 9 of the last 13 years or something. No more. Get it sorted. Promotion and never look back. I can't be chuffed with 'progress' if we fall in the playoffs and welcome Crawley again. 

Get in, back in our owns hands. Lets hope a sell out capacity crowd of 7,500 in the 20k seater stadium can roar us on v Newport on Monday.

Does not make sense, be good for the club to a) clarify the current capacity and b) count absent season ticket holders like every other club

It'd be nice if the club could actually say what the score is with regards to the safety certificate restrictions, and why they're in place.
Possibly whether seats are reserved or not? I am sure our CEO will explain it in the future.

32 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
47 minutes ago, DazFred said:
We got what we wanted today.
An opportunity for our fate in our own hands.
I hope the people who fancy Bristol will be watching them next week,cos we don't want their encouragement do we?

Bloody hell talk about knickers in a twist. Any betting man looking at the table and fixtures would fancy Bristol over us. Its not doom and gloom, its realism.

why?

Back in our hands but still a big ask to get two wins out of two against sides with one of the league’s top scorers and then against a side who know a win will seal the title.

The team talk for both games should be fairly simple. If players can’t get themselves motivated for these types of situations they shouldn’t be playing the game.

Still have this nagging suspicion that our fate for the season will be decided on May 28th.

why?
Vale still got to beat newport and if they do have to go to Exeter away who will be desperate to secure the title. All on the back of two abject performances.

Bristol in great form, and going to the worst team in the league next week.

A neutral looking at that isnt backing Vale.

Just now, Walka003 said:

Vale still got to beat newport and if they do have to go to Exeter away who will be desperate to secure the title. All on the back of two abject performances.

Bristol in great form, and going to the worst team in the league next week.

A neutral looking at that isnt backing Vale.

may be a neutral would be thinking mmmmmmmmmmmmmm one game against an on the beach side and another game against a team who have it sorted - im not being argumentative, just looking at the other side of the coin 😍😍😍

Archived