onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Get in, back in our owns hands. Lets hope a sell out capacity crowd of 7,500 in the 20k seater stadium can roar us on v Newport on Monday.

When is a 20k seat stadium not a 20k seat stadium…..???

When there’s a big game on at Vale Park!

We got what we wanted today.
An opportunity for our fate in our own hands.
I hope the people who fancy Bristol will be watching them next week,cos we don't want their encouragement do we?
Bloody hell talk about knickers in a twist. Any betting man looking at the table and fixtures would fancy Bristol over us. Its not doom and gloom, its realism.

Vale and Mansfield can get to 81 pts, Vale currently have a 6 goal better goal difference than Mansfield. Theoretically Vale could get pipped to the autos if Vale and Mansfield win both games and Mansfield can overturn the goal difference but it's  unlikely.  I prefer Vale's position rather than Mansfield's for an auto spot.

Vale and Mansfield can get to 81 pts, Vale currently have a 6 goal better goal difference than Mansfield. Theoretically Vale could get pipped to the autos if Vale and Mansfield win both games and Mansfield can overturn the goal difference but it's  unlikely.  I prefer Vale's position rather than Mansfield's for an auto spot.
For me, we beat newport and its between us and Bristol last day. Mansfield hopefully wont get enough of a goal swing to get past us now.

20 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

You read my mind, but why now? Surely, in even the most optimistic scenario, they won’t bring 500? So why is it seemingly beyond our capability to split the stand like clubs up and down the country do? Aside from anything I actually think the noise coming from that end when you have even 1,500 in there is much better than anywhere else in the ground.

Agreed, it’s probably too late to do that for Monday but if we are ultimately in the playoffs we should definitely do it. And that is regardless of the opposition, I don’t see why we should allow away teams the whole of that stand when most of them teams wouldn’t give us more than about 1500 for the away leg. Think it would improve the home atmosphere no end.

41 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
41 minutes ago, Another shropshire valiant said:
I fancy Bristol for 3rd spot now…… 

Unfortunately so do I

Hope Cobblers make it if Vale don't. Any club that appoints a wife beater in any capacity has no moral compass.

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
17 minutes ago, DazFred said:
We got what we wanted today.
An opportunity for our fate in our own hands.
I hope the people who fancy Bristol will be watching them next week,cos we don't want their encouragement do we?

Bloody hell talk about knickers in a twist. Any betting man looking at the table and fixtures would fancy Bristol over us. Its not doom and gloom, its realism.

But I'd also fancy Northampton over Bristol. Even if Bristol put 6 up Scunthorpe then Northampton only need a win to be above them . 

People painting Bristol to be something they aren't.  Yes fantastic win today but were 3-1 down to a team on the beach. 

But I'd also fancy Northampton over Bristol. Even if Bristol put 6 up Scunthorpe then Northampton only need a win to be above them . 
People painting Bristol to be something they aren't.  Yes fantastic win today but were 3-1 down to a team on the beach. 
theyve been on a hell of a run, but then again so have Northampton.

One things for sure, what a mental end to the season for all teams involved

Absolutely no excuses here. Two wins and we're up. It's two games. Promotion has been put on a silver platter for us and we have to take it now. We don't want another year in this division. Who knows what a year will bring? Get it done now. Seize it. Clubs who make their fans happy on a regular basis would deliver here. We need the same. We can't keep saying 'next year, next year' and content ourselves with a trophy of 'progress made'. It's taken Exeter and Forest Green years to get to this point. Newport are still scrapping about the top 10. 

Yes, we've had great difficulties this season in a number of ways, but despite all that, despite the last two performances, we are 2 x 90 minutes from promotion and the kickstart this club needs to properly establish itself so we don't have to play in this tinpot league anymore. Promotion, with the added revenue and the immediate success of the project, is the springboard we need to return to happier days. I'm done with being downtrodden.

The players have done well, but they're well looked after in an excellent club. Repay it. No repeats of Walsall. Win on Monday against a finished Newport and set up a totemic final day. Anything less is a massive, massive disappointment. Sold out SVA contingent on the South Coast. Magnitude of the game will mean form out of the window.

On the week in which we relinquish the shackles of a man who was quite happy to see us fold, brushing away 150 years of history, it would be right that we reward the lady who saved us with a performance and result befitting of her work over the past three years and begin writing a new chapter.

Carol, the fans who have sold out away days for a month and stuck with a club that has been utterly dismal to support for 25 years, the fans we have lost in the last couple of years - now's the time to deliver for them. No faffing. Win the games and get out of the league.  Don't look back. Build.

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Apparently I was getting my knickers in a twist...

I am sure Bristol will be hoping we don't win on Monday,or Mansfield,because both of us would go above them 

I'm pleased it's back in our hands and I'm sure Andy Crosby and the players are too 

On to Monday and I'll take any sort of win

Archived