onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

7 hours ago, robf said:

Exactly that. The dream scenario for us would be a draw or loss for Exeter tonight leaving them needing to beat Northampton to get promotion. Hopefully they would then do it and then kindly step off the gas for their promotion party game against us.

This is a very slight hope to hang on to but I did read in their local press that they haven't sealed promotion at a home game for yonks so hopefully that run will continue tonight and they'll seal it at Northampton instead.

I know stats don't count for much at this stage of the season, but Exeter's record at Northampton is about as good as ours at Walsall 

Advert

41 minutes ago, worldsendvalefan said:

Alternatively, should Exeter lose tonight, then lose to Northampton on Saturday, providing we beat Newport it would still be in our hands when we go to Exeter. So depending on tonight's results we could still be in a good position, whichever way the Northampton/Exeter game goes.

2 - 1 Exeter, that's my theory out the window

Well done Exeter now go for the title on sat then forget about it the week later .

Not concerned what others do we need to beat Newport Mon then look at it tues .

I believe Exeter and Northampton will draw 0-0 .

That means at least we take it to Exeter wheres Tom Conlon and his magical free kicks when you need him surely he's fit by now .

UTV 

Well done Exeter now go for the title on sat then forget about it the week later .
Not concerned what others do we need to beat Newport Mon then look at it tues .
I believe Exeter and Northampton will draw 0-0 .
That means at least we take it to Exeter wheres Tom Conlon and his magical free kicks when you need him surely he's fit by now .
UTV 
Still 4 months away according to his interview today!

We have to focus on ourselves. A win v Newport sees us seal a playoff spot & take things to the last day. Other teams are winning their must win games as proven tonight, now it's time for us to show up on Monday.

Hope the boys are getting some rest & recoup in ready for a big effort infront of the TV cameras.

We're 4th having played the same number of games as everybody else in the league. We also have the 3rd best goal difference in the league, just! People waxing lyrical about Mansfield, Bristol Rovers etc... at time of writing we are above them. You really can't grumble. I fancy Exeter to win the title, they seem to be a winning machine. Let's hope they can pick something up at Northampton & don't celebrate too hard tonight!

No point thinking what could have been, the reality is we are where we are after 44 games. All still to play for & personally if we do end up in the playoffs, we need to go in with a nothing to lose mentality. I'd fancy us over 2 legs against any of the sides who are in there (other than Swindon if they find a way to sneak in) If you make the final it's anybodys game on the day, toss of a coin depending which team shows up.

I've said it before but try & enjoy it Vale fans. 12/13 aside this is the first time we're up there challenging in any league in 20/25 years. We've all craved these games & experiences & have been starved (which is where I think alot of the anxiety amongst fans has come from)

Enjoy the end of the season, be positive, back the boys & let's see where we end up. We'd all love games v Sunderland, Ipswich, Derby but lets not lose sight of reality. Absolute worst case... we're challenging again next season with a good squad & manager & a great owner who will want to push on. Look at Oldham & Scunny.

UTV - Chill out & try to enjoy it. These are unfamiliar times!

10 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

We have to focus on ourselves. A win v Newport sees us seal a playoff spot & take things to the last day. Other teams are winning their must win games as proven tonight, now it's time for us to show up on Monday.

Hope the boys are getting some rest & recoup in ready for a big effort infront of the TV cameras.

We're 4th having played the same number of games as everybody else in the league. We also have the 3rd best goal difference in the league, just! People waxing lyrical about Mansfield, Bristol Rovers etc... at time of writing we are above them. You really can't grumble. I fancy Exeter to win the title, they seem to be a winning machine. Let's hope they can pick something up at Northampton & don't celebrate too hard tonight!

No point thinking what could have been, the reality is we are where we are after 44 games. All still to play for & personally if we do end up in the playoffs, we need to go in with a nothing to lose mentality. I'd fancy us over 2 legs against any of the sides who are in there (other than Swindon if they find a way to sneak in) If you make the final it's anybodys game on the day, toss of a coin depending which team shows up.

I've said it before but try & enjoy it Vale fans. 12/13 aside this is the first time we're up there challenging in any league in 20/25 years. We've all craved these games & experiences & have been starved (which is where I think alot of the anxiety amongst fans has come from)

Enjoy the end of the season, be positive, back the boys & let's see where we end up. We'd all love games v Sunderland, Ipswich, Derby but lets not lose sight of reality. Absolute worst case... we're challenging again next season with a good squad & manager & a great owner who will want to push on. Look at Oldham & Scunny.

UTV - Chill out & try to enjoy it. These are unfamiliar times!

Completely with you on this. I think there’s been a lot of nervous energy going back forth between the fans and the team in the last couple of games and its becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. Absolutely nothing to be nervous about, the time for that is if our league status was at stake but this should be embraced.

Let’s just do our job on Monday and with 9 days rest I’m hopeful we’ll be raring to go. Nothings guaranteed but this will be a demoralised Newport team so don’t give them a break. For what it’s worth I reckon Mansfield drop points at Salford and Northampton and Exeter will be a draw as the latter will be trying for the title.

I think Northampton v Exeters a draw cannot see Exeter giving them the game not after Forest Greens result tonight ,there players will want the title hopefully but agree with others what we nervous about it for players we are Port Vale our fans generally expect very little over a season your efforts have put you in with a chance of automatic but make damn sure you get play offs minimum so win v Newport at least .

Then who knows we have to show resilience now and embrace these games .

Come Monday we will know what we have to do and even if Northampton win Bristol Rovers win etc Barrow beat FGR 4-0 and Sutton 1-0 so as long as we do our job Mon hope is eternal however Bristol Rovers will finish season with 80 points so that means we have to win both .

Can we do damn right we can and personally I feel we deserve too .

11 defeats this season in league and only at Walsall home and away Newport away did we for me deserve to lose 

UTV 

We need to forget the automatic promotion side and win this regardless now to secure the play offs. We can look at the autos then come 5pm Monday.

It’s huge this one now. Absolutely huge. Win at all costs!

We don’t want to have to go to Exeter to win to make the play offs.

Archived