onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time to show the boys some love

NZ Valiant

I'm a Vale fan in Perth Australia at the moment, I have no doubt that these players are giving it everything they have, they need our support.. so now it's time to really give this to them.. I love this football team, I love these players, I'd retain the lot of them given the chance.. it's time to show some love, they have been on an epic run, no-one cares more than them lacing those boots so this is a battle cry to get behind them and believe in them as if we don't get the autos there's still another 4 games to go!!! Thanks to the Vale team and please never give in!!

Advert

Gutted that we are slipping away from the automatic position but feel that we have punched above our weight for a long time, given all the circumstances. I had a dream of a win and a draw from the last two previous games, but it wan't to be.

My personal support for the team, management and owners continue whilst we still have a chance of promotion. The timing if successful would be brilliant.

If we fail, then I accept that my team went close, gave me a great deal of inspiration and no little endeavour and faith.

My heart hurts tonight and now a wait....... to see if my dream has a happy ending. I'll keep the faith until the bitter end, come what may.

Thanks Vale for an exciting roller coaster!

I know it’s in Hindsight but why didn’t they try and play for a Point these last couple of games. Would Bristol Rovers and Walsall been good enough to break down a Real Defensive set up, who Know?. I feel that Bristol Rovers and Mansfield are superior footballing sides to us, so I don’t feel very confident about the Play Offs. It’s just so disappointing to lose to a person like Joey Barton and to Walsall, who have had the Hoodoo over us since the 60s.

Crosby said on his Interview that they have got to go back to Basics, which after 44 games seems disappointing we  have not got that right.

This club deserves better than League 2 Football for its owners and the Supporters but next season, League 2 will be even Harder to get out of with the Return of Stockport and may be Wrexham, who average a lot Bigger Attendances than us and will have Larger Budgets. 

Come on Vale we can still do this.

I disagree with people moaning today about lack of heart. There was clearly a lot of fight just not enough quality.

Perhaps as we are chasing agai it might take the pressure off the lads.

I still believe but just disappointed tonight

As Rob Page would always say “we go again”

We’ve had a good season (in spite of some things going wrong in the background) and it looks like we haven’t quite got enough in the tank. Players who have had good seasons but who had poor games today were the target of pretty bad stick. Almost as though they were waiting for Vale to slip up so they can go back to their default mode of berating people. Like a coiled spring.

Yes you’re frustrated. We’ve fallen a bit short. That’s all. Have a sense of perspective. 

2 hours ago, NZ Valiant said:

I'm a Vale fan in Perth Australia at the moment, I have no doubt that these players are giving it everything they have, they need our support.. so now it's time to really give this to them.. I love this football team, I love these players, I'd retain the lot of them given the chance.. it's time to show some love, they have been on an epic run, no-one cares more than them lacing those boots so this is a battle cry to get behind them and believe in them as if we don't get the autos there's still another 4 games to go!!! Thanks to the Vale team and please never give in!!

The support is there.  They were backed to the hilt today.

I feel with a full complement of players we’re a top side, other than that we’re a play off team at best.  I don’t see us winning the next 2 so we have to accept that, in all probability, we’re going to be involved in the lottery that is the play offs.   At the start of the season most of us would’ve been OK with this and we shouldn’t lose track of that.

17 minutes ago, Santa said:

We’ve had a good season (in spite of some things going wrong in the background) and it looks like we haven’t quite got enough in the tank. Players who have had good seasons but who had poor games today were the target of pretty bad stick. Almost as though they were waiting for Vale to slip up so they can go back to their default mode of berating people. Like a coiled spring.

Yes you’re frustrated. We’ve fallen a bit short. That’s all. Have a sense of perspective. 

For me no supporter who goes the games and pays the money that they do wants us to fail. They are all desperate after years of failure to get over the line and get out of this awful league.  It is not nice to here but it is just sheer frustration when we can see the finishing line in sight and now look like blowing it.  

Good stuff lads! My grand parents used to live at the top right of the Hamil so always going to have an interest in what's happening in a season like this, the target at the start of the season would have been a playoff place and if it turns out that's where we are at then the lads would have definately made the target.. Clarkey has a promotion via that route too, last time we actually were in a playoff type position was 1993 I think.. Just when I heard the lads were sinking to the floor at the end of the game, we have to pick them up and look at the big picture.. they are a great bunch of lads and are doing what they can and there's very much still a good chance we can go up if we can feed the positivity through to them..

Archived