onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Newport County...

sheffield61

39 minutes ago, AMF said:

I wonder when this will sell out? Remember everyone, our home capacity is less than 9,000 these days (although the club refuse to clarify exactly how many fans can be housed in each stand based on the current safety certificates). Railway Stand and Lorne Street already "Sold Out".

It'll be slightly embarrassing when home fans are locked out at 2.30pm with 10,000 empty seats in the stadium. 

Will anyone be "locked out" though. I was in the "sold-out" Railway stand for Bristol Rovers and there were a lot of empty seats in the section I was in. But I can't imagine anyone was "locked out" as tickets for the Bycars were freely available for walk-up fans weren't they?

That said - it's a good point. If you take away the 2,222 travelling fans, there were 8,618 home fans in there and that was with three out of four home areas "sold out". Under the historic capacities of the stands those three sold out areas alone should have yielded 9,500 people alone (the LS was said to hold 2,500 and the Railway 7,000 - (3,500 for each section)). 

Presuming that the away end still has a capacity of 4,000 (which must be in doubt if there are restrictions elsewhere in the ground) it looks like our current capacity is (at most) around 13-14,000 but well over a quarter of that is away fans, leaving a "home" capacity of something around 9-10,000. 

The sooner those 2,000-odd brand new seats in the Lorne St can be used on matchdays, the better!!!

Advert

1 hour ago, AMF said:

I wonder when this will sell out? Remember everyone, our home capacity is less than 9,000 these days (although the club refuse to clarify exactly how many fans can be housed in each stand based on the current safety certificates). Railway Stand and Lorne Street already "Sold Out".

It'll be slightly embarrassing when home fans are locked out at 2.30pm with 10,000 empty seats in the stadium. 

I’m sure that @Jacko51 recently posted about the grounds current capacity because of the safety restrictions in place. 

1 hour ago, robf said:

Will anyone be "locked out" though. I was in the "sold-out" Railway stand for Bristol Rovers and there were a lot of empty seats in the section I was in. But I can't imagine anyone was "locked out" as tickets for the Bycars were freely available for walk-up fans weren't they?

That said - it's a good point. If you take away the 2,222 travelling fans, there were 8,618 home fans in there and that was with three out of four home areas "sold out". Under the historic capacities of the stands those three sold out areas alone should have yielded 9,500 people alone (the LS was said to hold 2,500 and the Railway 7,000 - (3,500 for each section)). 

Presuming that the away end still has a capacity of 4,000 (which must be in doubt if there are restrictions elsewhere in the ground) it looks like our current capacity is (at most) around 13-14,000 but well over a quarter of that is away fans, leaving a "home" capacity of something around 9-10,000. 

The sooner those 2,000-odd brand new seats in the Lorne St can be used on matchdays, the better!!!

They might as well have been locked out of the Bycars, the amount of time it took to get the supporters into the ground. The Hamil must still hold 4,000 based on the allocation for the Exeter streaming event. I can't imagine there are any capacity restrictions as such on the Hamil or Lorne Street due to the more sensible access and concourse arrangements.

I fully agree regarding the other side of the Lorne Street. It would surely cost less to get that up to standards regarding the concourse than trying to adapt the Railway Stand to allow full capacity now. It's time we played in a completed stadium. We've been there for over 70 years for heavens sake! 

It’s getting a bit daft now, the number of tickets we are allowed to sell versus the actual number of seats in the ground. We might as well start removing seats from of the stands so everybody knows where they are at least.

I must have missed the discussions on the reduced capacity levels. What seems to be the issue causing the reduction?

I just wondered if I was particularly unpopular when I sat in my half-empty part of the Railway? :whistling:

I must have missed the discussions on the reduced capacity levels. What seems to be the issue causing the reduction?
I just wondered if I was particularly unpopular when I sat in my half-empty part of the Railway? :whistling:
Safety of Sports Stadiums, access and exit routes are one aspect. Rules cost about £90 a copy, can't find on the Internet, but did find a copy of Plymouth's Certificate. Did not explain the rules just their application, plans and totals of all seats included.
Interesting if you have a hour to spend.

6 minutes ago, robf said:

It will be the sports ground safety certificate which is approved by the council as the local authority.

To obtain a certificate involves providing evidence of a range of things including access in/out of the ground, evacuation plans, fire safety measures, crowd control etc etc. My understanding is that it is a very involved process.

All in it means the capacity of a stadium isn’t simply the number of people you can seat/stand in the stadium but rather the number of people that the local authority believe can be safely accommodated in the stadium.

Clearly the council have imposed limitations on certain areas of the stadium based on the design and structure of the stadium.

I would imagine an issue for the Paddock, as an example, would be that the main route of entry and exit is effectively a single set of turnstiles/gates.

32 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

It will be the sports ground safety certificate which is approved by the council as the local authority.

To obtain a certificate involves providing evidence of a range of things including access in/out of the ground, evacuation plans, fire safety measures, crowd control etc etc. My understanding is that it is a very involved process.

All in it means the capacity of a stadium isn’t simply the number of people you can seat/stand in the stadium but rather the number of people that the local authority believe can be safely accommodated in the stadium.

Clearly the council have imposed limitations on certain areas of the stadium based on the design and structure of the stadium.

I would imagine an issue for the Paddock, as an example, would be that the main route of entry and exit is effectively a single set of turnstiles/gates.

That's broadly what I guessed it may be -  thanks for explaining it @saintvaliant

Some of it will be down to it being unreserved seating. For example the beam back in the away end is for 4000 people. The away end holds 4500 but as it's unreserved seating they only sell 4000.

Think Lorne street holds 2200 but they only sell 1500, bycars 4000 but sell 3300, railway paddock 3500 sell 3000 railway stand 3500 but only sell about 2500 think that's to do with loads of people standing up towards the back by the gents toilets.

I bought a couple of hospitality tickets for the  Brizzie game and was treated to an unexpected,  but wonderful, mini tour of the Lorne Street development when I went to pay.  Despite expressing how impressed we were with what was happening around VP, the person who showed us around, frustratingly sighed that we could do with (or need) a new ground. I know that its been mooted for years, but I wondered whether its a proposition that may being given a more serious consideration,  now that C & K Shanahan are at the helm?

8 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

It makes no sense to me that our capacity is so dramatically restricted when each of the old stands can be exited at both ends when compared to somewhere like the terrace at Macc where the only exit is those double file stairs.

May be a cynical view and way off the mark, especially when considering people's safety,  but we are dealing with our friends, STOKE-on Trent City Council.

They might as well have been locked out of the Bycars, the amount of time it took to get the supporters into the ground. The Hamil must still hold 4,000 based on the allocation for the Exeter streaming event. I can't imagine there are any capacity restrictions as such on the Hamil or Lorne Street due to the more sensible access and concourse arrangements.

I fully agree regarding the other side of the Lorne Street. It would surely cost less to get that up to standards regarding the concourse than trying to adapt the Railway Stand to allow full capacity now. It's time we played in a completed stadium. We've been there for over 70 years for heavens sake! 

And just look at how much the ground has improved. We have good facilities for a lower tier club. we only usually get 5k fans so we have to suck these issues up for a big crowd

Fans just aren’t used to a cue

I would rather cue and there be an atmosphere

2 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

Surely there are three entry/ exits for the Paddock, one by the Police box, one by Synectics car park and one onto Bycars lane.

There needs to be some consistency .....There is no way on this earth that the Ice Cream stand when full is safe at Crewe, there is only one entry/exit there.

4 hours ago, robf said:

The railway stand loads of Vale stand at the back so that's why there were empty seats and plus because of safety cannot sell out every seat in every end personally feel if I'm the club I sell as many  tickets as possible .

Railway Stand Paddock and Lorne Street sold out again excellent that but I'd be selling every seat (chonnocks to rules they are there be broken ).

More money more coin fill the ground completely segregate the Newport fans or stick them in seats by lorne Street and open a kiosk at corner of that ground for there drinks etc in fact move the fanzone there and give Vale the Hamil if demand continues to grow just shows the fans are still wanting a  special end and deserving of one .

Screen for Exeter game also  

Well done Vale 

Archived