onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Newport County...

sheffield61

As I said this game kinda slipped under the radar.....

What a great result for the Vale.....

After today's games Newport will be all but on the beach (9/1 for a play off finish this morning).....

Says a LOT when the gas @ their chat pages were PREYING for a County win last night me thinks!!....😁💖

Advert

I might be missing something here, but Newport are still only 3 points off the playoffs?
Yes, other teams around them have games in hand, but it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that they could still sneak 7th.

I think with us playing them Monday , so technically 2 more rounds of fixtures , they will likely be even further adrift. Some teams will have played 3 games , such as Mansfield. Still not over until it’s over though !

I might be missing something here, but Newport are still only 3 points off the playoffs?
Yes, other teams around them have games in hand, but it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that they could still sneak 7th.
Even if they win both games they will only have 72 points. 8th place is 69 points at present, other teams have 3 or 4 games to play.

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Possible YES but they're a big fat 9/1 to DO SO .....👌😁

• robf changed the title to Newport County...
2 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

They've really dropped off over the last couple of months.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Yep, I was looking around their forum last night and fans are really not happy with the manager right now. Lots of criticism of team selection and subs. They feel they will struggle to win again this season. That's almost certainly an over-reaction but I think we'd be very happy indeed if that was the case. I think we'd all welcome a Newport team short of morale on Monday week.

It’s not really here or there as pressure off Newport maybe more dangerous playing with freedom.

The one I’m most bothered about is Bristol Rovers as their last two are bankers you’d expect.

Northampton even if they get something today at least have Exeter still so.

Or just win all 3 Vale and party begins!

The issues at Newport pre-date Rowberry's appointment.  Flynn, now of Walsall, has a special relationship with one particular football agency and so every decent signing would come bundled with numerous no-hopers from the same agency. This led to an over-dependence on young loanees.  As talented as these often were (Twine from Swindon, Aziz from Villa, Cooper and (errm) Cooper from Swansea), injuries, recalls, loss of form have adversely affected Newport, who have little strength in depth, and were reliant on two one-paced plodders in midfield.  

New manager Rowberry is a student of stats. This can make him appear cold, uninvolved even (e.g. even when a match situation is crying out for a change he will consult his data analysis and often leave his substitutions until far too late). That's hard for the fire-breathing Newport fans to stomach as they watch their playoff prospects wither and die.

He won't be sacked. County don't dump managers unless they're obviously pants.

Some heads need to settle for this one (mine as much as anyone’s!). The likes of Garrity who’s heading for player of the season but hasn’t been in this situation before  - when he’s at it Vale are at it, the Petts and Husseys of the squad who’ve done this thing need to talk him through it. Two Salford away type performances and I think we’ll get there automatically.

I wonder when this will sell out? Remember everyone, our home capacity is less than 9,000 these days (although the club refuse to clarify exactly how many fans can be housed in each stand based on the current safety certificates). Railway Stand and Lorne Street already "Sold Out".

It'll be slightly embarrassing when home fans are locked out at 2.30pm with 10,000 empty seats in the stadium. 

Archived