• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Newport County...

May have slipped under the radar but Newport v Colchester on Friday night is a big game for the Vale I feel.....

Fail to WIN and Newport are basically done for this season....

THAT would surely mean that they will be on the beach a week on Monday.....

WIN however and they'll surely be going all out for the win against us......

Newport clear FAVES to beat Colchester but the Colchester to win OR draw @ 1/1 will be a great result for us IF it comes in & set us up nicely for the Newport match....😁🙏

• Like 1

Advert:

May have slipped under the radar but Newport v Colchester on Friday night is a big game for the Vale I feel.....

Fail to WIN and Newport are basically done for this season....

THAT would surely mean that they will be on the beach a week on Monday.....

WIN however and they'll surely be going all out for the win against us......
Newport clear FAVES to beat Colchester but the Colchester to win OR draw @ 1/1 will be a great result for us IF it comes in & set us up nicely for the Newport match....
HT 1-0

Advert:

Very good result for us, if Sutton win one of 3 games they play before Newport play us and Mansfield get 4 points from their 3 games in the next week, Newport won't be able to make the play-offs when they come to us.

• Like 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, valefan79 said:

Very good result for us, if Sutton win one of 3 games they play before Newport play us and Mansfield get 4 points from their 3 games in the next week, Newport won't be able to make the play-offs when they come to us.

Sutton could be awkward for us if they win 4/4.

This result really epitomises how crazy the season can be at this time of year and can throw theories completely out the window:

1: Teams have nothing to play for: Before this game, Colchester were already mathematically safe, so were the players 'mentally' on holiday already? No. I'm sure there are a few playing for new contracts and while this might not be the case for every team, players and teams will have something to play for (or the lack of pressure helps).

2: Better to be the hunter, than the hunted: I think this was mentioned on the Walsall thread, but this is a case in point - Newport had everything to play for and while didn't have everything in their hands, a win would have put them in a good place to be competitive for the remainder of the season. As many have said before - better to have points in the bag.

3: Easy Games: On paper, this should have been one of Newport's easier games and their run in wasn't seen as too bad but it shows that this isn't the case (you could argue that this went by the form book, but by virtue of their places in the table, Newport should have been favourites).

As it's been said time and time again  - anything can happen and probably will - let's just do the job ourselves.

• Like 5

If Newport don't have anything to play for when they play us, they could potentially bring less than an 100 fans with it being on Sky. Thus meaning IF Vale need a result to seal promotion, you could have fans wanting tickets but being unable to get them, despite 4000 empty Seats.

1 hour ago, butt lane vale fan said:

If Newport don't have anything to play for when they play us, they could potentially bring less than an 100 fans with it being on Sky. Thus meaning IF Vale need a result to seal promotion, you could have fans wanting tickets but being unable to get them, despite 4000 empty Seats.

Do like Bristol rovers did with Salford.  Herd them all into one tiny area surrounded by stewards. 

• Like 1

Oh my god just woke up to the newport result, last I looked they were 1 nil up  - I think we had better open up the Burslem Branch of the Colchester Supporters Club 😄👍NICE

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

As I said this game kinda slipped under the radar.....

What a great result for the Vale.....

After today's games Newport will be all but on the beach (9/1 for a play off finish this morning).....

Says a LOT when the gas @ their chat pages were PREYING for a County win last night me thinks!!....😁💖

Edited by sheffield61
Spelling
  • Like 1

I might be missing something here, but Newport are still only 3 points off the playoffs?

Yes, other teams around them have games in hand, but it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that they could still sneak 7th.

I might be missing something here, but Newport are still only 3 points off the playoffs?
Yes, other teams around them have games in hand, but it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that they could still sneak 7th.

I think with us playing them Monday , so technically 2 more rounds of fixtures , they will likely be even further adrift. Some teams will have played 3 games , such as Mansfield. Still not over until it’s over though !

• robf changed the title to Newport County...