Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

We are all managers aren't we? 

I think Jones played there to see how he would do. His long throws caused a threat,he can pass and nearly scored. It doesn't make sense to break up the back 3. Apart from the two homes game where we conceded 2 in each of the last 2 games,we have been rock solid, especially in the 4 previous away wins.

Crosby knows best but if Taylor isn't fully recovered then Jones will play there. I think we have enough to get more points on Saturday.

• Like 1

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Brown Edge Normski said:

What a moaning sod he is. Grow a pair and get on with it. At the end of the season if you are good enough you get promoted. All teams could plead a case for poor refs, bad luck and dodgy decisions. Glad we have our management. If we don't make it I'm sure we won't hear any sob stories. The table never lies.

TBF it's the first interview for ages he hasn't mentioned that they played 7 out of 8 away games! He did say the fans had a 7 or 8 hour journey to Carlisle...it's 3 hours tops. About 10 minutes longer than our journey to Hartlepool. Did Crosby mention it? No!

I agree. If we're 3rd in 3 games time and despite all the forwards being injured at one time, Darrell's family bereavement and the current MF out injured...we just get on with it 

One game at a time

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

Just seen the Nigel Clough interview. 

Apparently they have had bad decisions since the 3rd game of the season against Colchester!

He says we should have had Garrity sent off v Oldham,and Proctor handballed it at Hartlepool.

When a manager is analysing decisions of other teams,and moaning about decisions 40 games ago,you know they are getting desperate.

I'll stick with Andy Crosby. Doesn't give too much away,doesn't blame the ref,just gets on with it and plays the cards he is dealt.

One game at a time

Let him bleat, we just need to beat Walsall and Newport and he can watch us get promoted in front of Mansfield 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

TBF it's the first interview for ages he hasn't mentioned that they played 7 out of 8 away games! He did say the fans had a 7 or 8 hour journey to Carlisle...it's 3 hours tops. About 10 minutes longer than our journey to Hartlepool. Did Crosby mention it? No!

I agree. If we're 3rd in 3 games time and despite all the forwards being injured at one time, Darrell's family bereavement and the current MF out injured...we just get on with it 

One game at a time

He's an odd man, I suppose he gets that side from his dad. All teams have big journeys throughout the season. Our first and last game of the season are away, the last game is all the way down in Exeter, one of those things. If he is put out by the amount of travelling over 9 months, maybe he shouldn't be a manager.

• Like 1

He's an odd man, I suppose he gets that side from his dad. All teams have big journeys throughout the season. Our first and last game of the season are away, the last game is all the way down in Exeter, one of those things. If he is put out by the amount of travelling over 9 months, maybe he shouldn't be a manager.
Has he ever managed outside the Midlands?
Should try Exeter.
  • Like 1

Advert:

Guest Vale at home
43 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Will be in attendance for this one, making a day out of it. I don't need to say to fellow Vale fans how much a win will make my day/life. I just pray to god we do a job on them.

44 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Will be in attendance for this one, making a day out of it. I don't need to say to fellow Vale fans how much a win will make my day/life. I just pray to god we do a job on them.

Vale do need 3 points on Saturday .  It going be a big Game  the next 3 game are going be so important. . Come on the vale .. 

Jones in for Taylor is the move for me. He can do everything Taylor can, plus tackling and long throws. Bring JT on later on to continue his return from injury. Don’t take Hall out of the back 3.

This test is as much mental as it is physical. Get the head right, then get the feet right. We’re better than these man for man even with half the team injured. It doesn’t need to be more complicated than that.

• Like 3

I'd start sat with 

Stone 

Smith Martin Hall 

Worrall                   Benning 

Charlsley Jones 

Wilson 

Garrity Proctor 

The  3 up front keep moving about and trying to unlock the door Wilson put Jones through the other day he should have scored do the same pass for Garrity and he will score 

Jones will have his chance now Jake Taylor is too lightweight and should only be brought on in a change in the attacking 3 defending and building up attacks his not his strength playing slide rule passes in attacking areas his .

UTV 

Advert:

Walsall fan in peace. 

you will beat us on Saturday. We’ve been pretty awful the last few weeks and our manager now playing kids and using the remaining games like it’s pre season and trailing players to see who he wants here next season. If you don’t beat us ( hammer us) on Saturday you never will.  Dreading it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Walsallfan said:

Walsall fan in peace. 

you will beat us on Saturday. We’ve been pretty awful the last few weeks and our manager now playing kids and using the remaining games like it’s pre season and trailing players to see who he wants here next season. If you don’t beat us ( hammer us) on Saturday you never will.  Dreading it 

Hope, no PREYING you right Walsall fan!!

However I'm old enough to recall a dozen or more visits to the old Walsall ground MANY moons ago where we always lost to the not to be mentioned Alan Buckley lot over and over!!

I'm just relieved that the GAS are playing FGR on Saturday where a point will secure promotion for the lettuce munchers!!....😁 

5 hours ago, Walsallfan said:

Walsall fan in peace. 

Thanks for posting, but you never know on the day - look at FGR at Barrow last week - hopefully no trouble and DC doesn't come in for a load of abuse - enjoy the match 😁👍

Advert:

30 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Thanks for posting, but you never know on the day - look at FGR at Barrow last week - hopefully no trouble and DC doesn't come in for a load of abuse - enjoy the match 😁👍

They are already asking on Up the Saddlers for their fans to respect DC which is nice to hear....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

They are already asking on Up the Saddlers for their fans to respect DC which is nice to hear....

In the main they are mixed. Including some abominable stuff. Bitter and twisted some , but no different to other fans. Just beat them that'll shut them up 

Screenshot_20220421-085213_Chrome.jpg