Jump to content

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale


Recommended Posts

Advert:


Just now, Walka003 said:

 

No need for bad language you say that vale fans since time immortal have valued work rate over class how wrong can you be.I have been going vale since 1954/55 season have seen every player that has put on amber and black and black and white shirt on his back.So many players that had class so many that had work rate thrown in with so many donkeys that we have signed so do not talk to me about not seeing class on the vale pitch.I have my opinion on wilson you have yours we are all vale always will be till the day i die enough said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

No need for bad language you say that vale fans since time immortal have valued work rate over class how wrong can you be.I have been going vale since 1954/55 season have seen every player that has put on amber and black and black and white shirt on his back.So many players that had class so many that had work rate thrown in with so many donkeys that we have signed so do not talk to me about not seeing class on the vale pitch.I have my opinion on wilson you have yours we are all vale always will be till the day i die enough said.

I'm not following your stream of thought anymore so i think we should call it a day. We've gone from Wilson is over hyped because he doesn't run about, to Wilson is good but not that good cause we beat 9 Bristol rovers players without him, to Andy Jones and Mark Bright. 😵

 

Edited by Walka003
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:

I'm not following you stream of thought anymore so i think we should call it a day. We've gone from Wilson is over hyped because he doesn't run about, to Wilson is good but not that good cause we beat 9 Bristol rovers players without him, to Andy Jones and Mark Bright. 😵

 

If i see you down Torquay harbour after the Exeter match i will buy you a drink just wear your starried glasses so i can recognise you.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


17 hours ago, hamilboy said:

It's about time somebody has the same thoughts on Wilson as me he is one of the most hyped up players the vale have ever had.Some say he is a lanquid type of player oh he has played for man u he has scored for man u he is far to good to play in this league we are lucky to have him in at our club <ovf censored>.I will ask one question one stat of his how many times has he stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes in a match.I am pissed off with people home and away keep telling me his first touch is great he is way to good for this league well let me tell you this he is where he is a player according to some who say has no skill is leading him in the goals scored for the club Ben Garrity.If Wilson had the same desire and heart for a battle as Garrity does he would be some player but you carn't teach that it's born inside you and i'm afraid it's not in James Wilson lanquid indeed.

HB, I described James Wilson as "Languid" for the reason that he has a "Laid back" style that some people interpret as not trying/not caring which is almost certainly not the case. One of the best examples of a sportsman with a languid style is the US golfer, Dustin Johnson who walks around the course as though he doesn't have a care in the world.

When DJ's asked/ribbed about this his answer is always something like, "I may look calm on the outside but I can assure you I'm like a volcano on the inside" and I'm sure James Wilson is no different.

I'm a James Wilson fan as I like watching high skill players and he's got great skill, eg the feint to set up the winner against Barrow was top class, Vale would currently have two points less without that moment of class. He has time on the ball and rarely looks hurried which is a sign of a quality player, I couldn't give a damn about him playing for Man U but a possible reason he's found himself in Lge 2 is his lack of any right foot. Wilson does put in the effort, eg there were a few times against Walsall when he chased back and was in his own box defending.

A football team needs a variety and the right balance of skills to be successful. IMHO  James Wilson contributes to the creative side especially with Conlon and Walker out injured and DC/AC not appearing to trust Jake Taylor but the lack of creativity and guile in the center of midfield  was highly evident against Walsall. 

I'm not a huge fan of Garrity but he has 11 lge goals, I appreciate what he brings to the team but Vale are a man light in midfield with Garrity playing so far forward.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PortVale4Life said:

8 in 39 in the league. He’s no world beater and spent Saturday having a go at other players after he lost the ball. Not fit enough either. garrity is a mid 

You make him sound like pope when he was on his way out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Walka003 said:

So because we beat Bristol Rovers without him, we should discredit the multitude of other games in which hes played and we've taken points? We beat 9 men at Bristol Rovers so bit of a strange game to hang your argument on.

In that same period we lost to Newport, Brentford (understandably), Swindon (where he was coming back from fitness and was hooked), Salford(played the last 15), Walsall and Oldham before drawing with Orient and beating Scunny in his first two games back.

Thank goodness someone sees sense. 

Obviously Wilson is the new scapegoat.

They were all poor at Walsall but he was involved in the Brizzle opener and the best skill of the game set up the Jones chance

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 hour ago, dazzerjames said:

I just can’t believe what I’m reading , I was expecting to come onto the form to see the Walsall game put to bed and focus turned to Newport

Instead we are using the old match thread to slam a player who has been one of the main reasons our form improved and got us up to 3rd in the League in the first place .

A position that If you look back to February flattered us , not that I was complaining.

We now still have a chance of finishing in said 3rd spot. Or maybe a day out at Wembley and still promotion .

If you can only focus on the negative of some players at this stage in the season I fear that you may never have any happiness following this small , mostly skint , Lower league club.

When these games are over please hammer that key board like the warrior that you are !

Don’t worry mr Wilson will be off to league 1 along with mr proctor with or without us … so don’t stress it !

Well said

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This defeat hurts more because people just assumed we'd bounce back from Gas with a new sense of urgency and get the points we need to cement autos. What actually happened was the tired team got more tired, partnered with Pett with no match fitness, and we just had nothing to offer. Anyone saying it's lack of effort I would seriously question, based on what I've seen tis season from these players. 8 days will make a huge difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 23/04/2022 at 22:04, Doha said:

Total lack of leadership on the pitch again. 

Walker was a massive loss. Massive. Absolutely no bite in the middle now. We let them have free reign. 

Crosby persisting with that dross tactical plan for so long without significant change until the panic triple sub after they scored was beyond comprehension. 

That was pathetic vale. Bottlejobs of all bottlejobs.

I don’t know why Wilson was getting pelters on here. Had to drop deep time and time again to pick the ball up to try to do something with it as it certainly wasn’t getting played through by the disjointed, aimless, hoofball crap behind him. 
 

Certain players being out leave fundamental gaps that we have nobody to fill. Charsley and Walker are like apples and oranges, and that has been the problem all season. Starting 11 = all fulfilling a role = getting the best out of everyone. Lose some of those players and the whole balance is disrupted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


16 minutes ago, 1 said:

This defeat hurts more because people just assumed we'd bounce back from Gas with a new sense of urgency and get the points we need to cement autos. What actually happened was the tired team got more tired, partnered with Pett with no match fitness, and we just had nothing to offer. Anyone saying it's lack of effort I would seriously question, based on what I've seen tis season from these players. 8 days will make a huge difference.

Here we go again tired team ffs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Sent this to Radio Stoke tonight but it didn’t get read out. Not sufficiently miserable I assume.

I do wish people would not respond so dogmatically to one or two results at Vale. After the Colchester game callers to your programme were saying we wouldn't make the play offs. Yet look what happened?  Carl suggested we only got a draw against Exeter because of their injuries. Yet look at the number of times we have won games with all our strikers or all our midfielders missing. Tom Conlon, last years player of the season and a member of the League 2 team of the season has played less than half the games. The same applies to Proctor and Gibbons.  We have to chop and change the team week after week and in the circumstances what we have achieved is astonishing. If fans think that the celebrations at Hartlepool made the players think they had done the job what on earth do they think all this negativity will achieve. Stop moaning, keep the faith and keep praying. It's not over and there have been no sightings of fat ladies yet around Burslem!  

Excellent points but because you weren't whining and crying it didn't fit the narrative to read out sadly. Undoubtedly Carl will be on this weekend telling us all how we have blown it and won't beat Newport. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Sent this to Radio Stoke tonight but it didn’t get read out. Not sufficiently miserable I assume.

I do wish people would not respond so dogmatically to one or two results at Vale. After the Colchester game callers to your programme were saying we wouldn't make the play offs. Yet look what happened?  Carl suggested we only got a draw against Exeter because of their injuries. Yet look at the number of times we have won games with all our strikers or all our midfielders missing. Tom Conlon, last years player of the season and a member of the League 2 team of the season has played less than half the games. The same applies to Proctor and Gibbons.  We have to chop and change the team week after week and in the circumstances what we have achieved is astonishing. If fans think that the celebrations at Hartlepool made the players think they had done the job what on earth do they think all this negativity will achieve. Stop moaning, keep the faith and keep praying. It's not over and there have been no sightings of fat ladies yet around Burslem!  

You forgot to sign the letter as being from Carl.

It would have been read out then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...