Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Could Swindon still sneak in? I saw McKirdy is back and scored twice today.

They still can,they have a massive game on Tuesday against Forest Green, win that and they have Barrow and Walsall to finish.

Edited by valefan79

Advert:

Bottlers end of  

Every end of season is the same .

Play offs conceding goals left right and centre if we manage stay in them .

We were 3rd last Sunday with 4 games go .

What's happened to this team .

Do you want it or not .

If not remove yourselves from the team 

Vale hey years of woe  

Then they do this to the owners and faithful .

You couldn't make it up .

12 hours ago, Osh said:

Lads - someone help me.

I've supported the Vale for 45+ yrs (started 16th Feb 1976 against Shef Wed)

Wasall have always been our arch-enemies - I remember even then our favourite chant was we hate Walsall more than Stoke (a bit of a fun, me thinks!)

So why. Can anyone's enlighten me why Walsall are our arch-enemies...??

Where did it all come from and what started it...??

Just interested to know emoji848.pngemoji846.png

I don't think anything has altered tonight still my all time bogey side, I had to check that Buckley hadn't scored, at 71 I reckon if he'd played today he would have nicked at least one.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Diabolical performance or rather lack of.

We still in the mix and have done magnificent.  But that was an abomination today .

Give us some marks m8 was it a collective load of crap or did some players play well and were let down by others .

2 on target attempts on target 2 goals Bristol Rovers 4 3  goals etc 

Poor to say the least .

I should stop looking at this table but the more I look at it, the more I still think we might need to beat Newport to make the play-offs. as don't think we will get anything at Exeter.  With Mansfield, Swindon and Sutton playing twice, Bristol Rovers at Rochdale before we kick a ball, we could be down in 7th and a point above 8th and goal difference to Salford and Swindon very close now.

Advert:

51 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Bottlers end of  

Do you want it or not .

Vale hey years of woe  

Come on breadwinner we need your positivity back it's not over yet! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ginge said:

Come on breadwinner we need your positivity back it's not over yet! 

I know m8 it's hard be positive when our team has all of a sudden become very poor .

This league is garbage I do not like the players making a  fool of the fans they knew what was required v Bristol Rovers they failed and ok I thought one off off day, but to follow it up with a even worse performance crikey they really know how to knock the optimism out of the most of optimistic followers .

What's worse is I am  on holiday it's a time of great happiness as up Scotland enjoying everything then I'm trying get a signal so I can see how the  lads are doing then I get one and see that they have let the fans down .

Best home gate for years (let the fans down and the owners ).

Brilliant away sell out support let the fans down .

Give Stoke fans something smile about in a season of mediocrity .

It was our time and we have ballsed it up .

Well titsed off 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Bottlers end of  

Do you want it or not .

Vale hey years of woe  

You post some right <ovf censored> you do.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sam Kelly&#x27;s Left Boot said:

Benning was absolutely awful, for me I'd be getting rid end of season. One of the most 1 footed players I've ever seen. 

Had a string if good games until Monday. Was he still carrying his hamstring injury from that game??

• Like 4

Advert:

1 minute ago, EricHamesis said:

Had a string if good games until Monday. Was he still carrying his hamstring injury from that game??

If he was he should not be playing, Hussey while not been the player we expected is a more than adequate replacement.  Also not sure why Gibbons did not come on today, if they didn't want to risk him, why bother have him on the bench.

Crosby damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. Personally, I think we should be starting 11 players who are fully fit, even if that means leaving a few favourites out.

Wozza ain't fit. Pett ain't fit. Proc ain't fit (appreciate the magnitude of leaving him out) Garrity ain't fit. That's 4 x players who I can categorically say are not 100% fit.

You've got to get 11 fit players on the pitch. Harratt, Hussey, Amoo if needed, Edmondson. I would personally prefer to see us start players who aren't carrying knocks.

9 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

That's exactly what worries me

Players do want a winners medal and Exeter will want that but for me think Northampton with a packed home crowd right up for it against a team who probably won't have the same intensity as they would if they still needed it go up would have Northampton as favourites.

Posted (edited)

It was a depressingly lame effort. I don't know why.  Just looked half assed.  Like no one could be bothered. The on field bickering was frankly embarrassing. Just don't do it! It's not hard. It is not a good look.

We go again.

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 1

Advert:

6 hours ago, EricHamesis said:

Benning wasn’t injured in that game and wasn’t carrying an injury yesterday either. He’s filled in well to be fair to him and looked a lot more lively in games than he did in the early part of the season. But now Hussey and Gibbo are back then he shouldn’t play. Worralls been off form for the last handful of games as well.

I just think we’ve ran out of steam at the wrong time.

I don’t buy into some of the stick they’re getting on here, bottlers and stuff like that. It’s just knee jerk after the game reaction. I really hate the gloating  that some fans do when things go wrong, the told you so mentality. I don’t understand why some people revel in us performing badly. 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Crosby damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. Personally, I think we should be starting 11 players who are fully fit, even if that means leaving a few favourites out.

Wozza ain't fit. Pett ain't fit. Proc ain't fit (appreciate the magnitude of leaving him out) Garrity ain't fit. That's 4 x players who I can categorically say are not 100% fit.

You've got to get 11 fit players on the pitch. Harratt, Hussey, Amoo if needed, Edmondson. I would personally prefer to see us start players who aren't carrying knocks.

We haven't got enough fit players to fill the bench and the pitch. If we play unfit players like Jake Taylor he cops a load of abuse. If we play fit players completely out of position........... let me guess - oh yeah they cop a load of abuse

Hold on, let me just look out the window........................... nope, pretty sure the worlds not ending this morning. 😀

Edited by Hoppers
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Bottlers end of  

Do you want it or not .

Vale hey years of woe  

load of cr*p - if you are that titsed off may be you should stay up Scotland - go support Inverness or someone.

We like reading your posts BW but come on, we have lost two football matches with a team that is full of walking wounded coupled with a bench half made up of walking wounded. These guys are human you know. Im not a happy clapper, as disappointed as the next fan, but comeon guys lets all have a little perspective. 👍

Right Im going off to paint me fence - its therapy for me (so Mrs Hoppers tells me 🥴)

Edited by Hoppers
  • Like 6