Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:
6 points is promotion. Providing Exeter beat Northampton

A draw between Exeter and Northampton would be enough to put it back in our own hands, provided we beat Newport

Thats it

• Like 1

Advert:

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, Joe B said:
If we finish 4th-5th and lose in the playoffs semis, are fans happy? Genuinely interested. 

After the past 5 years, yes. Disappointed for sure, but no longer worrying about where the club is going

I want to agree but we need to move on from Smurthwaite. He’s been gone for three years and eventually we have to hold the club to standards beyond the desperately low ones he set.

This season could, and probably will, be both a good season and a big disappointment, a massive missed opportunity which we regret with the arrival of Wrexham and Stockport. The position we were in post-Hartlepool looked superb, and to prospect of the playoffs and the accompanying stress and possible heartbreak is a possibility only us truly miserable folk would consider. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

You know having to play Barrow away won’t be an easy final one for them either. Barrow will want to end the season on a high and as safe, will maybe play with freedom. Long journey for Northampton too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:
10 minutes ago, Joe B said:
If we finish 4th-5th and lose in the playoffs semis, are fans happy? Genuinely interested. 

After the past 5 years, yes. Disappointed for sure, but no longer worrying about where the club is going

Yes, I will be glued to iFollow every Saturday morning regardless of what division we are in.  We have made significant progress this year, regardless of where we end up.

• Like 3

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

6 points will see us up, even if its a draw next Saturday between Exeter & Northampton.

We are now heavily reliant on the opposition's position/approach in the last 2 games :-

- Newport being unable to make the play-offs by the time we play them

- Exeter already promoted but unable to win the Title by the last game

• Like 1

Some very strange comments on here tonight. Take a deep breathe and reflect where we are as a team and club.

Funny how you barely see opinions of some posters until we have a bad performance.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Yes but we have to score from one of them one day !!
I agree, once the throw arrives in the box it is a bit of a lottery but you never know.
His play out from the back was his most effective part of his game i thought. He and Cass pushed us forward more so than the current team is doing.
Completely agree. I do think that part of the problem over the past few games attacking wise has been the seeming insistence on giving the ball deep to Smith to play out from the back. He is not, and never will be, a good player with the ball at his feet.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Not sure happy is the word, but maybe "accepting" - no guarantees or given rights to go up, and its been a nightmare season for many much discussed reasons.

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

You know having to play Barrow away won’t be an easy final one for them either. Barrow will want to end the season on a high and as safe, will maybe play with freedom. Long journey for Northampton too.

Northampton are a good side they won’t bottle it 

Advert:

Just now, Coyney Valiant said:

they said that about us , and tranmere, and FGR, and Swindon and and and ............ 😍

Shame about the result and performance today. Really do hope we can turn it around fast as a play off challenge with poor momentum is not ideal. A point against Bristol wouldnt have been so bad at all at least we'd still be in there. Newport are out a form so a must win. Northampton and us both have to play Exeter... big games 🤞

• Like 2

Advert:

17 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I try constantly mate, but sometimes at 4am when the game finishes then I feel like a zombie while I recover for the rest of week I sometimes contemplate why on earth I do it. I try to believe my glass is indeed half full. Otherwise I would not be in a phone box at 2.30am on a random morning January in 2006 while Vale play away at Aston Villa the FA Cup my Dad holding the phone to the speaker blaring out radio stoke commentary, believing we can pull off a shock. I am also a realist. The realism is that we are 'sh 1 t 3' at the moment. So it is up to the players to make me believe, I will still be up at all hours next week. Watching, hoping. UTV!!

Reckon your glass could be half full of 90% loopy juice!😆👍

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Ok, I wlll. Thanks for being the 20th person to point out that it's out of Carol's hands. Oh no, wait a sec, you didn't. But the threat of telling me shut up makes crap my pants. So I best shut up as you say.

Stop being a Wayne Kerr mate we are all vale fans .

7 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Sure, but they need to win both if we do. One point dropped and they lose that place. We have experienced that position today, they have yet to. Maybe now we are back in with nothing to lose we may play with more freedom.

• Like 1