Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Advert:

Nerves growing as the kick off gets closer.  Good to see Pett and Gibbons back in the squad.  

Come on Vale, 3 points would be good for the travelling fans and fans who can't be there.

We have faith in you.

• Like 1

Advert:

I love Tom Pett, he is one of those players who you don't realise what he does until he isn't there not doing it - if that makes sense - I think iv just confused meself there 😍😍😍

• Like 5

Advert:

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Osh said:

Lads - someone help me.

I've supported the Vale for 45+ yrs (started 16th Feb 1976 against Shef Wed)

Wasall have always been our arch-enemies - I remember even then our favourite chant was we hate Walsall more than Stoke (a bit of a fun, me thinks!)

So why. Can anyone's enlighten me why Walsall are our arch-enemies...??

Where did it all come from and what started it...??

Just interested to know emoji848.pngemoji846.png

Don't know whether arch enemies is the term but they were Vale's bogey team from the 60's onward. We never seemed to do well against them and if anything they had a better, much better? record against us. The games were dull, boring affairs usually we lost or it was 0-0m or 1-1 if we were lucky. In Alan Buckley they had a player who tormented the Vale, always seems to score against us.....drove Vale fans nuts!!!....damn good player though.

Edited by Paul6754

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Osh said:

Lads - someone help me.

I've supported the Vale for 45+ yrs (started 16th Feb 1976 against Shef Wed)

Wasall have always been our arch-enemies - I remember even then our favourite chant was we hate Walsall more than Stoke (a bit of a fun, me thinks!)

So why. Can anyone's enlighten me why Walsall are our arch-enemies...??

Where did it all come from and what started it...??

Just interested to know emoji848.pngemoji846.png

Land of ho--ope and glory, home of Vale FC, "Not WALSALL"!!!

No idea of the origin, but I sang this as a 9 year old at Fellows Park in 1987-88 season.

Edited by MelbourneValiant
Grammar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DazFred said:

Disappointing that today they have suspended the manager indefinitely so Crawley play Mansfield with no manager 

I wonder errrr what errrr moaning errrrr Nigel errrrr Clough errrr will errrr find errr to errrrr moan errrr about errrrr today errrr

That's an excellent impression of Harry errr Kane!!!!!

• Like 1

Advert:

12 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Land of ho--ope and glory, home of Vale FC, "Not WALSALL"!!!

No idea of the origin, but I sang this as a 9 year old at Fellows Park in 1987-88 season.

My god I remember singing that so may times!! Great shout m8

• Like 1