onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

16 minutes ago, 1 said:

This defeat hurts more because people just assumed we'd bounce back from Gas with a new sense of urgency and get the points we need to cement autos. What actually happened was the tired team got more tired, partnered with Pett with no match fitness, and we just had nothing to offer. Anyone saying it's lack of effort I would seriously question, based on what I've seen tis season from these players. 8 days will make a huge difference.

Here we go again tired team ffs 

Advert

10 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Sent this to Radio Stoke tonight but it didn’t get read out. Not sufficiently miserable I assume.

I do wish people would not respond so dogmatically to one or two results at Vale. After the Colchester game callers to your programme were saying we wouldn't make the play offs. Yet look what happened?  Carl suggested we only got a draw against Exeter because of their injuries. Yet look at the number of times we have won games with all our strikers or all our midfielders missing. Tom Conlon, last years player of the season and a member of the League 2 team of the season has played less than half the games. The same applies to Proctor and Gibbons.  We have to chop and change the team week after week and in the circumstances what we have achieved is astonishing. If fans think that the celebrations at Hartlepool made the players think they had done the job what on earth do they think all this negativity will achieve. Stop moaning, keep the faith and keep praying. It's not over and there have been no sightings of fat ladies yet around Burslem!  

Excellent points but because you weren't whining and crying it didn't fit the narrative to read out sadly. Undoubtedly Carl will be on this weekend telling us all how we have blown it and won't beat Newport. 

10 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Sent this to Radio Stoke tonight but it didn’t get read out. Not sufficiently miserable I assume.

I do wish people would not respond so dogmatically to one or two results at Vale. After the Colchester game callers to your programme were saying we wouldn't make the play offs. Yet look what happened?  Carl suggested we only got a draw against Exeter because of their injuries. Yet look at the number of times we have won games with all our strikers or all our midfielders missing. Tom Conlon, last years player of the season and a member of the League 2 team of the season has played less than half the games. The same applies to Proctor and Gibbons.  We have to chop and change the team week after week and in the circumstances what we have achieved is astonishing. If fans think that the celebrations at Hartlepool made the players think they had done the job what on earth do they think all this negativity will achieve. Stop moaning, keep the faith and keep praying. It's not over and there have been no sightings of fat ladies yet around Burslem!  

You forgot to sign the letter as being from Carl.

It would have been read out then

I'm not understanding of some of the comments on here at all. Whatever happened to a reasoned and articulate appraisal of the situation.

Our midfield v Gas was Taylor, Charlsley, Garrity, all players with an eye further up the field with an eye on a goal. 

For our older posters like myself that is the equivalent of a midfield of Ray Walker, Ray Walker and Ray Walker. You have to have a balanced team that is why the Gerrard, Lampard conundrum never worked for England.

Unsung players like Brad Walker, Tom Pett, Andy Porter, Anthony Grant etc are pivotal in a team as a destroyer and breaker up of play. Add balance and give the ball to the more creative players. Kelvin Phillips a great example of why Leeds are struggling as he's barely played all season.

As for Wilson, just wow, let's get Theo back or Guthrie from India, i think we'd be top had we retained either of those goal machines.

I despair . If sadly we miss out this place will self combust. A few posters will come out of the woodwork with their ' i told you so ' .

I'm as flat as a pancake at the moment but on reflection we have achieved an excellent season. Yes injuries are part and parcel but the glut in one position we keep having is unbelievable. 5 strikers in one go in December, now 3 of our best midfielders ( granted Pett is back to some degree ) .

Whatever happens we need to get behind them, if the worst happens we start again afresh in August and i'm sure the recruitment is already in full swing, yes Stockport and Wrexham might be coming up but all the tea in China hasn't done much good for Salford has it . 

See you all on the pitch at Exeter or celebrating at Wembley . Get behind them for goodness sake, 

Rochdale looked a really good side for the first 20 minutes on Saturday and if they’d scored first it would have been a very different game and maybe a different result. They play good possession football and look lively up front too, if they score first against Rovers I fancy them to win. They came to Exeter on Saturday with nothing to play for, away from home at the 2nd placed side who had only lost twice at home all season, and they had 58% possession. That’s a good side. Keep the faith, Vale.

53 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

Rochdale looked a really good side for the first 20 minutes on Saturday and if they’d scored first it would have been a very different game and maybe a different result. They play good possession football and look lively up front too, if they score first against Rovers I fancy them to win. They came to Exeter on Saturday with nothing to play for, away from home at the 2nd placed side who had only lost twice at home all season, and they had 58% possession. That’s a good side. Keep the faith, Vale.

They must be a good side fred they have taken 4 points off us this season.

1 hour ago, fred binneys head said:

I guess fans here are judging based partly on league position but also on the Rochdale team we saw away at their place, who we smashed in a totally one sided contest (then managed to throw points away).  TBF they were decent at VP.

Ah yes, the classic '1 or 2 posters make a daft comment, resulting in 7 uninterrupted, unchallenged pages of 'get behind the lads ffs everyone is so negative, absolute joke how negative everyone is' *9 million upvotes*.

One day people will clock that 95% of Vale fans are overwhelmingly optimistic, as this happens on every thread 😂

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Ah yes, the classic '1 or 2 posters make a daft comment, resulting in 7 uninterrupted, unchallenged pages of 'get behind the lads ffs everyone is so negative, absolute joke how negative everyone is' *9 million upvotes*.

One day people will clock that 95% of Vale fans are overwhelmingly optimistic, as this happens on every thread 😂

If you don't like it why don't you go down the brit! 😡🇬🇧

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

No different to most fans, some may have more cause to be optimistic, but usually expect more. 

16 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Absolutely spot on you are there, Jacko. Well done you. 

One day people will clock that 95% of Vale fans are overwhelmingly optimistic, as this happens on every thread 

I don’t understand what the challenge is here ? Positivity ?

Archived