onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

8 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Would be a 5 all round, maybe Charsley shaded Man of the match with a 6 

Don't want to get into individual criticism but one or two in particular were really poor and below recent standards 

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I'm as disappointed as the next man. Feel really despondent. 

But we have to try and be balanced. 

I've read Wilson getting slated, absolutely ridiculous.  

And bizarrely the Covolan sending off 43 games ago could be the reason we miss out ! Again a player who has been criticised regularly, strange that  Conlon red v Walsall at home not mentioned. Every individual game has a moment of what if. 

If we miss out we miss out I'll be gutted as its a missed opportunity. I want to see the Hamil full of 4000 Derby and Wednesday not 84 Stevenage and 133 Sutton etc. 

But I don't think singling individuals is helpful. Benning another, he was poor yesterday but the whole team were collectively but people can't wait to dig him. 

Oh well onto the next fixtures where all we can do is sit and hope until the Monday 

Wilson was a joke yesterday. Don’t appreciate players losing the ball all game and then blaming team mates. So over rated it’s unbelievable 

Advert

Seen a few comments about 'walking wounded' and 'injuries', but who are we missing bar Conlon and Walker?

Gibbons only made the bench, but I'm struggling to think of any others. That's quite a modest injury list.

The issue yesterday, and throughout this season, is that we haven't been a top three team when there is a bit of pressure on us (Bradford on TV, Walsall at home, Oldham away, the last two). That's fine; 4th-7th is a good season by any metric, but still will go down as a massive bottlejob/missed opportunity considering our position with 4 games to go, and we may regret it big time next season. Both interpretations can be true simultaneously. 

I think the team needs a slight refresh ahead of these last two; recalls for Gibbons, Hussey, and Jones, maybe even Lucas. 

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

We were shyite, mate, because half the squad are running on empty. A side doesnt just become shyite after so many times of proving on our day we are a match for anyone.

Have Walsall played less games than us stop making excuses 2many games 2many injuries the pitch is energy sapping it was windy players running on empty ffs 

51 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Have Walsall played less games than us stop making excuses 2many games 2many injuries the pitch is energy sapping it was windy players running on empty ffs 

Yes but the area of the pitch where we look tired/ needs freshing up is in the wing back areas which is no surprise if u anyone has ever played there as it's a energy sapping position. We either ditch the system go 442 or get one or 2 fresh legs out there either Gibbo or Hussey coming in as Benning looks shot m8. My guess is this will be what will happen for the newport game rather than changing the system.

I think the players need have a long hard look at themselves .

Why have you stopped doing what got you into the top 3 in the first place .

Do you want it enough 2 shots on target and 2 off would suggest you do not .

What you going do about stopping this at the most critical time slump .

Why are you putting in your worst home performance bar Walsall when Carol and Kevin and the management and yourselves have brought our first big gate for years .

Hope Flitcrofts going be asking these questions tomoz and getting some answers then they all can watch the game again from  sat and ask themselves this What the hell was that then put it right with performances like Forest Green away and Leyton Orient at home then who knows anythings possible 

UTV 

4 hours ago, PortVale4Life said:

Wilson was a joke yesterday. Don’t appreciate players losing the ball all game and then blaming team mates. So over rated it’s unbelievable 

It's about time somebody has the same thoughts on Wilson as me he is one of the most hyped up players the vale have ever had.Some say he is a lanquid type of player oh he has played for man u he has scored for man u he is far to good to play in this league we are lucky to have him in at our club <ovf censored>.I will ask one question one stat of his how many times has he stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes in a match.I am pissed off with people home and away keep telling me his first touch is great he is way to good for this league well let me tell you this he is where he is a player according to some who say has no skill is leading him in the goals scored for the club Ben Garrity.If Wilson had the same desire and heart for a battle as Garrity does he would be some player but you carn't teach that it's born inside you and i'm afraid it's not in James Wilson lanquid indeed.

4 hours ago, soothsayer said:

If we got 6pts we’d finish 3rd. I can’t see it though. 

If we got 6 pts , the only team to beat that would be Northampton, if they got 6pts of course. We need Exeter to win or draw on Saturday. If they do , and we beat Newport, that last day will be unimaginable, and definitely only for the strong of heart . UTV 

4 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

If we got 6 pts , the only team to beat that would be Northampton, if they got 6pts of course. We need Exeter to win or draw on Saturday. If they do , and we beat Newport, that last day will be unimaginable, and definitely only for the strong of heart . UTV 

If Exeter win tomorrow night they have 83 points !! and are guaranteed second place.

Exeter have to lose all three games for us to be guaranteed automatic

Far better to hope Exeter do lose all three games. This wont happen. Exeter have to beat Northampton. Lose to Barrow first and FGR win midweek. Then " nothing to play for " against us. Bit like Walsall had nothing to play for. Its what we do that matters not what the opposition may feel.

41 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Exeter have to lose all three games for us to be guaranteed automatic

It’s a tall order but if Barrow can get a draw v Exeter on Tuesday, then it’s back in our hands if we can win both - no matter what Exeter do at Northampton.

If Exeter draw with Barrow and lose to Northampton, while we beat Newport and then beat Exeter on the final day, that would put us on the same points as Exeter.

Their GD is 3 better than ours currently but if this scenario occurred then the minimum it would swing back to us would be 4.

Like I said. It’s a tall order.

8 hours ago, hamilboy said:

It's about time somebody has the same thoughts on Wilson as me he is one of the most hyped up players the vale have ever had.Some say he is a lanquid type of player oh he has played for man u he has scored for man u he is far to good to play in this league we are lucky to have him in at our club <ovf censored>.I will ask one question one stat of his how many times has he stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes in a match.I am pissed off with people home and away keep telling me his first touch is great he is way to good for this league well let me tell you this he is where he is a player according to some who say has no skill is leading him in the goals scored for the club Ben Garrity.If Wilson had the same desire and heart for a battle as Garrity does he would be some player but you carn't teach that it's born inside you and i'm afraid it's not in James Wilson lanquid indeed.

Everyone raves about a bloke who’s got 8 league goals in 39 league games. That’s nearly 1 in 5 for a striker….

8 hours ago, hamilboy said:

Thinking subjectively… what, in your mind, are his plus points? He most definitely has them.

His style is languid, but his effort is there. He chases back, And does his running... slating him for his style of running doesn’t seem fair.

We are a better side with him in it.

Does he have off games… yes. Who doesn’t?

It's about time somebody has the same thoughts on Wilson as me he is one of the most hyped up players the vale have ever had.Some say he is a lanquid type of player oh he has played for man u he has scored for man u he is far to good to play in this league we are lucky to have him in at our club .I will ask one question one stat of his how many times has he stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes in a match.I am pissed off with people home and away keep telling me his first touch is great he is way to good for this league well let me tell you this he is where he is a player according to some who say has no skill is leading him in the goals scored for the club Ben Garrity.If Wilson had the same desire and heart for a battle as Garrity does he would be some player but you carn't teach that it's born inside you and i'm afraid it's not in James Wilson lanquid indeed.
What an utter load of sh!te

Archived