onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

46 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

He isnt injured. We don’t play players who fans think have some kind of hamstring strain. A strain leads to a tear which leads to weeks out. 

It's pretty clear from the last few games that some of our squad are running almost on empty after a hard, bruising season. They may not be injured but playing regularly when not actually match fit surely is recognisable to our opponents. We know we are a match for anyone WHEN fit but we can be found out so easily when the squad is struggling.  We have to now pray results go our way as play offs are not honestly wanted by any Valiant. Our hearts won't take it!

Advert

8 hours ago, philmpv said:
8 hours ago, Hoppers said:
Anyone know how get fence paint in a sprayer without tipping  the paint on the patio - im on such a b@llocking when Mrs Hoppers emerges from her pit 

Should have put and old towel down first mate. Been there. Worst day of my life when I spilt some paint on the new carpet

oh no mate thats worse than me 👍😁 - Mrs Hoppers came out as I was power washing the patio "thought you were painting the fence today?" "No sweetheart, its too windy" 😍😍😍😍

oh no mate thats worse than me - Mrs Hoppers came out as I was power washing the patio "thought you were painting the fence today?" "No sweetheart, its too windy"
It actually worked out well in the end. I haven't been asked to paint in 3 years since

2 hours ago, hamilboy said:

For the fans and the owners we are very promotion worthy this season but if we land in the play -offs we have as much chance of winning as Boris has of refusing to go a party

Like I said....keep the faith. However I can see a Brizzle Rovers v PV play off final looming! 

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

It's pretty clear from the last few games that some of our squad are running almost on empty after a hard, bruising season. They may not be injured but playing regularly when not actually match fit surely is recognisable to our opponents. We know we are a match for anyone WHEN fit but we can be found out so easily when the squad is struggling.  We have to now pray results go our way as play offs are not honestly wanted by any Valiant. Our hearts won't take it!

Stop making excuses running on empty ffs every body in the league is in the same boat we were sh:te on Saturday end of 

Vale should have got something out of that game as we had enough of the ball, particularly 1st half, according to BBC stats we had 59% of the possession.

Problem was we did nothing with the ball apart from pass it sideways and backwards short distances and for a team needing a win to keep auto promo in our own hands against a team like Walsall, who were there for the taking, it was not good enough.

5 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Stop making excuses running on empty ffs every body in the league is in the same boat we were sh:te on Saturday end of 

We were shyite, mate, because half the squad are running on empty. A side doesnt just become shyite after so many times of proving on our day we are a match for anyone.

19 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Vale should have got something out of that game as we had enough of the ball, particularly 1st half, according to BBC stats we had 59% of the possession.

Problem was we did nothing with the ball apart from pass it sideways and backwards short distances and for a team needing a win to keep auto promo in our own hands against a team like Walsall, who were there for the taking, it was not good enough.

when your full back sends a wing pass out three times one after another=youve got problems. also one stage of play we played 11 passes (or thereabouts) across the pitch and not gain any yardage-you got problems. totally agree with you.😒:drink:

3 hours ago, SuperHuman said:

We always over react after a win or a loss. As a fan base we do seem to get either very carried away or everything is doom and gloom.

Were the celebrations after the Hartlepool game a bit premature? I think we are probably a little bit guilty of thinking we were nearly there and it’s bit us on the bum. 

It’s disappointing, but it’s not over yet. I expected us to lose a game before the end of the season, we were never going to keep winning. What’s most frustrating is losing two on the bounce, when in a brilliant position. I’m sure there will be more twists and turns yet.

For me, we have lacked quality and creativity in midfield. Especially in games like yesterday. Obviously the injury to Conlon hasn’t helped. For example, Conlon still has the most assists this season (five), joint with Amoo and Gibbons. Those three have barely played all season. Garrity, Pett, Walker, Charsley have seven assists between them. 

If we do make the play offs, then so be it. The season continues and we are still in contention for promotion. Just go and win the play offs and prove we are promotion worthy. 

Having had time reflect on posts yesterday bit OTT and didn't realise that even if Northampton win and we win next mon that it would go to final game so hope yet .

Looked at remaining teams unless massive goal swing only Swindon if win all 3 and we not gain the 2 points we need for play offs can oust us out the play offs so that's good but I think maybe there's a twist to come yet .

We need to be getting all the players fired up win our 2 remaining games .

We need to find a formation to be getting shots away all the next 2 games .

That's the surprising thing about yesterday the lack of desire to get the ball in there net .

Walsall defo got a big bogey over us there's no way we should be losing to average sides like them 

UTV 

7 hours ago, jeffers said:

If we miss out it’s not down to any individual, it’s a team game and they all take the responsibilities for Oldham away, Sutton away to name but two. As it stands, we keep going until the last minute.

Just thinking that this morning, if we hadn’t thrown those two games away we would be 6 points better off now.

9 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

The downside is that if Exeter beat Barrow on Tuesday they are up and the Northampton game means nothing to them.

That said, it’s a funny old game football… anything could happen.

KTF

UTV

Exeter's record V's Northamton lost 56 drawn 34 won 30 but you never know, let's hope footy funny has a part to play.

Archived