onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Anyone know how get fence paint in a sprayer without tipping  the paint on the patio - im on such a b@llocking when Mrs Hoppers emerges from her pit 
Should have put and old towel down first mate. Been there. Worst day of my life when I spilt some paint on the new carpet

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Benning wasn’t injured in that game and wasn’t carrying an injury yesterday either. He’s filled in well to be fair to him and looked a lot more lively in games than he did in the early part of the season. But now Hussey and Gibbo are back then he shouldn’t play. Worralls been off form for the last handful of games as well.

I just think we’ve ran out of steam at the wrong time.

I don’t buy into some of the stick they’re getting on here, bottlers and stuff like that. It’s just knee jerk after the game reaction. I really hate the gloating  that some fans do when things go wrong, the told you so mentality. I don’t understand why some people revel in us performing badly. 

Couldn't agree more.

Hate the sing when we're winning brigade

8 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

You post some right <ovf censored> you do.

Really what's it to you I put what's in my heart .

You happy we have virtually put ourselves in the play offs v teams who are playing well .

Press ignore if do not like what you reading. 

Two games ago Vale park was buzzing,Burslem  the area buzzing I bet it isn't this morning and unless there's a miracle with Exeter beating or drawing with Northampton when they probably be promoted tues .

Play offs are not what we wanted especially with our form going completely. 

Change the team oh we cannot because the others are alledgedly not good enough .

Change the system so we harder beat .

UTV 

I’m really hoping we beat Barrow on Tuesday to guarantee promotion, but then also win at Northampton on Saturday to give you a chance of grabbing third spot. I’ve said before on here that I’d love Vale to go up, as long as we do too. 

Don’t want to be the merchant of doom though, but our record at Northampton is shocking. Whenever we’ve played there it’s been windy and we’ve been battered by a stronger team, like we were at Tranmere on Monday. Fingers crossed we do the business for you.

Really what's it to you I put what's in my heart .
You happy we have virtually put ourselves in the play offs v teams who are playing well .
Press ignore if do not like what you reading. 
Two games ago Vale park was buzzing,Burslem  the area buzzing I bet it isn't this morning and unless there's a miracle with Exeter beating or drawing with Northampton when they probably be promoted tues .
Play offs are not what we wanted especially with our form going completely. 
Change the team oh we cannot because the others are alledgedly not good enough .
Change the system so we harder beat .
UTV 

Why would we need a miracle for second placed Exeter to draw with Northampton. Behave.

49 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I see the givenuppers are out in full force.No complaining please  about not being able to get your playoff tickets,even though they won’t be needed.UTV.

It was very, very poor yesterday but we have absolutely still got a great chance.

Northampton beating Exeter is a long, long way from being a given.  Exeter will want to get something.

We need to react well and put everything into beating Newport.  That's a must win for our automatic chances.

9 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Crosby damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. Personally, I think we should be starting 11 players who are fully fit, even if that means leaving a few favourites out.

Wozza ain't fit. Pett ain't fit. Proc ain't fit (appreciate the magnitude of leaving him out) Garrity ain't fit. That's 4 x players who I can categorically say are not 100% fit.

You've got to get 11 fit players on the pitch. Harratt, Hussey, Amoo if needed, Edmondson. I would personally prefer to see us start players who aren't carrying knocks.

What factual evidence do you base x 4 not being fit? Them not playing as well as should be or have been.

11 hours ago, Sam Kelly&#x27;s Left Boot said:

I'm not singling Benning out for today's result at all, if I was to do that I'd add another 7/8 names to the list. I just don't think he's good enough, nor do I think Amoo, Jones or Hurst are good enough. 

Fair enough, but you did name him specifically.

As for these other players, you have to accept that we’re never going to have a full squad of nailed on starters.  There’ll always be members of the squad who may be seen as not being “good enough”, so if it wasn’t Amoo, Jones or Hurst it’d be A N Other.  Overall we have a decent squad, as our league position shows, but unfortunately injuries have cut deep in certain positions over the course of the season.  Also a bit of fatigue, maybe mentally, seems to have caught up with us now at the 11th hour.

25 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

It was very, very poor yesterday but we have absolutely still got a great chance.

Northampton beating Exeter is a long, long way from being a given.  Exeter will want to get something.

We need to react well and put everything into beating Newport.  That's a must win for our automatic chances.

Agreed.There will be twists and turns over the next 2 weeks.You only have to look at the weekend results.Its squeaky bum time.Lets just hope Vale’s bum has stopped squeaking.

28 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

The downside is that if Exeter beat Barrow on Tuesday they are up and the Northampton game means nothing to them.

That said, it’s a funny old game football… anything could happen.

KTF

UTV

17 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Why will they?? They are likely to already be promoted by the time they play. 

Let’s face it, yesterday was a must not lose after Brizzle. But that’s exactly what we did.

I’d love to know how we’ve allowed an apparently average (at best) Walsall side to completely dominate us over both games this season, one of which was our biggest game for years.

Yes I get injuries, but we’re not completely down to the bare bones. We seemingly learned nothing from the home game which, scoreline aside, was a drubbing. 

Did we adopt tactics that BR used on us on Monday - niggly, slowing the game down, basically doing anything to get a result? I suspect I know the answer.

Another big Vale following, like Oldham away, and we seemingly wilt under pressure. That is why people are using terms like ‘bottlers’.

Anyway, the game is gone.

Northampton will win on Saturday let’s not kid ourselves.

I would be inclined to mix it up a bit versus Newport to try and work out a Plan B, which we are seemingly devoid off at the moment.

A prey we don’t get Swindon in the Play-Offs so we can have McKirdy rubbing our noses in it again.

The ref was weak again. They started with time wasting tactics very early and he could of stamped it out.

We were also very weak. Weak upfront in battles with their defenders, especially when Amoo came on. Weak in the middle of the park, and weak defensively.

Pretty disappointing but it's not over yet. Just a little harder now.

Archived