onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I think it's telling that the very same people who, when we were 2 points clear in third (and, in some cases, when we were 5 points clear) were adamant that it wasn't enough are now the same people who've conceded our automatic promotion chance now we're a point behind. Negative isn't just their default mode. It's their only mode

it’s not today’s game that will determine mentally how we go into the Newport game, it’s the results that happen between now and then for other teams. A few results go our way, we get the chance to leapfrog and take back our destiny in the last game. Could happen, but either way I’m not worried about playing any of those teams in the playoffs, though I’d rather play Northampton than cheating BR.

36 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Don’t blame Benning, he’s been mostly great since coming back into the first team.  Too many players have been below par these last few games.  Completely unfair to single one individual out.

I'm not singling Benning out for today's result at all, if I was to do that I'd add another 7/8 names to the list. I just don't think he's good enough, nor do I think Amoo, Jones or Hurst are good enough. 

This is football.  It can be a very cruel mistress at times.  There is still everything to play for.  If nothing else, we will be in the play offs, and to succeed there we need to be in form.  So the next two games are crucial. 

If we don't make it then we can look back on an eventful season where we've endured some horrendous bad luck and misfortune. We have had a good season all things considered, and it ain't over yet. 

Keep the faith and keep our heads, there's more to come.  UTV! 

For me if it is the play-offs would like Sutton over 2 legs and Mansfield of Bristol in a one off game, feel Mansfield and Bristol are stronger and stand more chance against them at Wembley.  Not sure if been mentioned anywhere but any chance Walker been available before the end of the season, for me our most important midfielder.

Bottlers end of  

Every end of season is the same .

Play offs conceding goals left right and centre if we manage stay in them .

We were 3rd last Sunday with 4 games go .

What's happened to this team .

Do you want it or not .

If not remove yourselves from the team 

Vale hey years of woe  

Then they do this to the owners and faithful .

You couldn't make it up .

12 hours ago, Osh said:

Lads - someone help me.

I've supported the Vale for 45+ yrs (started 16th Feb 1976 against Shef Wed)

Wasall have always been our arch-enemies - I remember even then our favourite chant was we hate Walsall more than Stoke (a bit of a fun, me thinks!)

So why. Can anyone's enlighten me why Walsall are our arch-enemies...??

Where did it all come from and what started it...??

Just interested to know emoji848.pngemoji846.png

I don't think anything has altered tonight still my all time bogey side, I had to check that Buckley hadn't scored, at 71 I reckon if he'd played today he would have nicked at least one.

25 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Diabolical performance or rather lack of.

We still in the mix and have done magnificent.  But that was an abomination today .

Give us some marks m8 was it a collective load of crap or did some players play well and were let down by others .

2 on target attempts on target 2 goals Bristol Rovers 4 3  goals etc 

Poor to say the least .

I should stop looking at this table but the more I look at it, the more I still think we might need to beat Newport to make the play-offs. as don't think we will get anything at Exeter.  With Mansfield, Swindon and Sutton playing twice, Bristol Rovers at Rochdale before we kick a ball, we could be down in 7th and a point above 8th and goal difference to Salford and Swindon very close now.

51 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Bottlers end of  

Every end of season is the same .

Play offs conceding goals left right and centre if we manage stay in them .

We were 3rd last Sunday with 4 games go .

What's happened to this team .

Do you want it or not .

If not remove yourselves from the team 

Vale hey years of woe  

Then they do this to the owners and faithful .

You couldn't make it up .

Come on breadwinner we need your positivity back it's not over yet! 

Archived