onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Not read the thread as went to the pub to unwind . But here are my thoughts

1. We choked on the day today via a combination of tired legs and bucking under the pressure.
2. I fully expect Exeter to beat Northampton: if so then it back in our hands to win against Newport

3. Question is can we then respond ? I think we can

Benning for hussy is my one change

5 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I can't believe that according to you our squad is so awful yet we are so close to promotion.

Garrity? First full season...11 goals from MF,probably the top scorer in the league without penalties.

Martin? Marmite...I actually like him.

Only two decent strikers? It's L2 for Pete's sake! You don't get worldbeaters playing at this level otherwise they wouldn't be at this level!

When I read posts like this I question the true intent of our so called fans.

We've lost 2 in 20, albeit this run has been maintained under trying circumstances which have not occurred at any other club this season.

This may fall on deaf ears so I'll spell it out 

FOR THE LAST TWO GAMES,GET BEHIND THE TEAM 

I'm signing off for the night now

You don’t need to spell it out.  Today the backing was there, the performance was lacking.

Awful performance , not an awful season . Hated today , but hate it more that more fans come out of the woodwork to bemoan a defeat compared to celebrate a win . The pages of comments I’ve had to wade through proves this ! Get some balance and perspective before you wade in with absolute nonsense. Still in 4th with every chance to be promoted.

3 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Benning was absolutely awful, for me I'd be getting rid end of season. One of the most 1 footed players I've ever seen. 

Don’t blame Benning, he’s been mostly great since coming back into the first team.  Too many players have been below par these last few games.  Completely unfair to single one individual out.

Somebody said we don’t look a promotion side and, from the games I’ve seen, I’d say that’s right.

I think back to promotions past where we spanked Rotherham 6-2, Burton 7-1 and in the Rudge dates I seem to remember us winning 5-0 and 6-1 in successive games.

We are a team that just squeezes out results, not a side that is genuinely too good for the league. 

Consider that we’ve conceded 5 against relegated Oldham, failed to score and conceded 3 against a Walsall side that many of their fans have called the worst ever, failed to beat lowly Rochdale, we’re lucky to hold one vs 9 men in the Bristol Rovers away game, conceded 4 of which 2 were in injury time vs Sutton etc. So a few shockers for a supposedly good team.

I have a feeling next weeks Northampton is going to be a narrow home win.

4 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Benning was absolutely awful, for me I'd be getting rid end of season. One of the most 1 footed players I've ever seen. 

….but Benning has generally been excellent since his return to the team.  Also when Hussey and Benning are both on at the same time Benning has to switch flanks, because Hussey is more one footed than Benning.

19 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I can't believe that according to you our squad is so awful yet we are so close to promotion.

Garrity? First full season...11 goals from MF,probably the top scorer in the league without penalties.

Martin? Marmite...I actually like him.

Only two decent strikers? It's L2 for Pete's sake! You don't get worldbeaters playing at this level otherwise they wouldn't be at this level!

When I read posts like this I question the true intent of our so called fans.

We've lost 2 in 20, albeit this run has been maintained under trying circumstances which have not occurred at any other club this season.

This may fall on deaf ears so I'll spell it out 

FOR THE LAST TWO GAMES,GET BEHIND THE TEAM 

I'm signing off for the night now

Dont question my true intent or my support. I give an honest opinion of how i see players, games etc. You are nowhere near a true fan compared to me. Perhaps you are a so called fan, whatever that means. My support is always there no matter what team is but i do have an opinion. This is a fans forum

You dont need to SPELL IT OUT. 

To answer your pathetic comments towards my post..

I said Garrity is good when good but poor when poor. My opinion is i believe we need to find another option in midfield. I believe we have had a great run from him and i dont see this being the norm from him. Our creativity in the team is not the best, in my opinion and Garritys role needs to be better for a season long push for promotion.

Martin. I do agree with you. For me he is slow and unless we have high balls knocked into the box i wouls sooner see a better central center back. Ideally Smith, if we could get the balance better on the right hand side

Never criticised the two strikers we have. I said we have no one to back them up and that has proven to be true. We also signed two very good strikers who were both prone to injuries in their previous seasons.

Ive seen most of those 20 games you mention and as great as it is to see a win i do look a bit deeper than some and they were not always great performances to match the great 3 points.

TRY LOOKING BEYOND THE RESULT FOR A CHANGE. Its surprising what you may see, if you know what you are looking for.

Archived