onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

I'm cacking myself again. Starting to think it's better for my anxiety to have nowt to play for.

I know the feeling, it’s harder being the hunted than the hunter as we know how its ours to lose. In say Bristol Rovers position it’s a bonus to nick it now. The pressure ramps up for us.

Tomorrow is absolutely massive in the promotion race, lose we could be down to 5th knowing Rovers face an awful Rochdale and even worse Scunthorpe outfit and it’s likely over for us in terms of automatic.

Win and with results elsewhere we could be on the verge of promotion (and may even be up before we play again) and thus jobs done.

It’s such a huge swing in potential fortune.

Oddly a draw with results elsewhere if we had a three point gap plus our goal difference wouldn’t be the end of the world but a win here is massive and means regardless of elsewhere it’s going to see us in contention on the last day.

We’ve got to go and do a job, ultimately what anyone else does means nothing if we win the last three so whilst a draw Monday would have made a world of difference with our goal difference we have a chance to put that right tomorrow and it’s going to be a tense afternoon, I just pray we get the win we need and results mean one more win will do it from the last two.

Advert

1 hour ago, Andy Proctor said:

We have won our last 4 away games. Also saw a article earlier about last time we won 5 away in a row was in 2012 during our last promotion season.

We won the last 5 on the bounce in 1994 to clinch a glorious promotion at the Goldstone Ground.

It's a game we have to win in my opinion. Keep winning and it puts pressure on others to match our results.

We need to keep our nerve and our discipline and go out there and impose ourselves on the opposition. Sometimes I feel that we try and feel our way into a game too much, particularly away from home. Start fast, try and bag a couple of goals and then hold our nerve.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Stone

Woz smudge Martin hall benning

charsley Garrity

wilson

Harratt Proctor

Can’t play that centre 3 and expect a better result, they were dreadful on Monday. If Pett is fit enough for the bench, he has to play.

7 hours ago, 1 said:

Stone

Woz smudge Martin hall benning

charsley Garrity

wilson

Harratt Proctor

Can’t play that centre 3 and expect a better result, they were dreadful on Monday. If Pett is fit enough for the bench, he has to play.

Best form of defence is attack so with no recognised holding/defensive midfielder that’s as good a formation as any that should get us goals. Like Newcastle under Keegan I’d much rather see us going at teams and scoring multiple goals rather than trying to contain them at 1-0.

C’mon Vale!!!

Just seen the Ben Garrity chant on Twitter...brilliant!

I can make out the words up to Vale Scouser but not the rest. Can anyone help out plz? 

Safe travels to all our fans today.

Get behind em and bring home the points.

One game at a time

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

Just seen the Ben Garrity chant on Twitter...brilliant!

I can make out the words up to Vale Scouser but not the rest. Can anyone help out plz? 

Safe travels to all our fans today.

Get behind em and bring home the points.

One game at a time

I've got it now! 

Brilliant chant whoever came up with it.

I remember every player from Musselwhite to Johnny Jeffers had their own sing back in the day 

Lots of singing today Vale fans 

I'll be following you on Twitter and BBC Vidiprinter

Archived