onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

15 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

I think that maybe a sensible possibility but we need to ensure we press them high up the pitch but I fear Taylor may not have the fitness to do that at the moment but we need goals early to force them out and finish them off🤞 I fancy a2-1 win and Northampton and Swindon struggling and hoping Newport get nothing at Colchester tonight and  

I think I would prefer to see Jones in DM, he worries me a little with his passes back on Monday but his long passing is as good as Walker's, which would bring Woz and Benning into play a bit more, his long throws are better than the corners that are being put in currently too. Hall and Proctor to aim for, it's just a shame he's been out for so long, so his general fitness might not be where it needs to be.

I don't blame him for the miss on Monday either, I've watched it back, the run he makes sensing Wilson will pull it back and slot it into him was great, he's not a striker but if he'd have gone right  with the ball instead of left he would have just needed to knock past their last man, a shame but he'd done well with the run.

Advert

Just seen the Nigel Clough interview. 

Apparently they have had bad decisions since the 3rd game of the season against Colchester!

He says we should have had Garrity sent off v Oldham,and Proctor handballed it at Hartlepool.

When a manager is analysing decisions of other teams,and moaning about decisions 40 games ago,you know they are getting desperate.

I'll stick with Andy Crosby. Doesn't give too much away,doesn't blame the ref,just gets on with it and plays the cards he is dealt.

One game at a time

The only player that I can think of to fill the DM role would be Garrity,as our other midfielders are more attacking or IMO don’t have the physical capability to perform the role well. 
Unfortunately he's just technically not quite good enough to play in that role. When he has played deeper this season he has looked dreadful. He's better playing on instinct further forward, where you don't have to read the game so well.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

Apparently they have had bad decisions since the 3rd game of the season against Colchester!

He says we should have had Garrity sent off v Oldham,and Proctor handballed it at Hartlepool.

When a manager is analysing decisions of other teams,and moaning about decisions 40 games ago,you know they are getting desperate.

I'll stick with Andy Crosby. Doesn't give too much away,doesn't blame the ref,just gets on with it and plays the cards he is dealt.

One game at a time

What a moaning sod he is. Grow a pair and get on with it. At the end of the season if you are good enough you get promoted. All teams could plead a case for poor refs, bad luck and dodgy decisions. Glad we have our management. If we don't make it I'm sure we won't hear any sob stories. The table never lies.

We are all managers aren't we? 

I think Jones played there to see how he would do. His long throws caused a threat,he can pass and nearly scored. It doesn't make sense to break up the back 3. Apart from the two homes game where we conceded 2 in each of the last 2 games,we have been rock solid, especially in the 4 previous away wins.

Crosby knows best but if Taylor isn't fully recovered then Jones will play there. I think we have enough to get more points on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Brown Edge Normski said:

What a moaning sod he is. Grow a pair and get on with it. At the end of the season if you are good enough you get promoted. All teams could plead a case for poor refs, bad luck and dodgy decisions. Glad we have our management. If we don't make it I'm sure we won't hear any sob stories. The table never lies.

TBF it's the first interview for ages he hasn't mentioned that they played 7 out of 8 away games! He did say the fans had a 7 or 8 hour journey to Carlisle...it's 3 hours tops. About 10 minutes longer than our journey to Hartlepool. Did Crosby mention it? No!

I agree. If we're 3rd in 3 games time and despite all the forwards being injured at one time, Darrell's family bereavement and the current MF out injured...we just get on with it 

One game at a time

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

One game at a time

Let him bleat, we just need to beat Walsall and Newport and he can watch us get promoted in front of Mansfield 

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

TBF it's the first interview for ages he hasn't mentioned that they played 7 out of 8 away games! He did say the fans had a 7 or 8 hour journey to Carlisle...it's 3 hours tops. About 10 minutes longer than our journey to Hartlepool. Did Crosby mention it? No!

I agree. If we're 3rd in 3 games time and despite all the forwards being injured at one time, Darrell's family bereavement and the current MF out injured...we just get on with it 

One game at a time

He's an odd man, I suppose he gets that side from his dad. All teams have big journeys throughout the season. Our first and last game of the season are away, the last game is all the way down in Exeter, one of those things. If he is put out by the amount of travelling over 9 months, maybe he shouldn't be a manager.

He's an odd man, I suppose he gets that side from his dad. All teams have big journeys throughout the season. Our first and last game of the season are away, the last game is all the way down in Exeter, one of those things. If he is put out by the amount of travelling over 9 months, maybe he shouldn't be a manager.
Has he ever managed outside the Midlands?
Should try Exeter.

Archived