onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

3 hours ago, 1 said:

We have to be up for a a physically tough test again. Possibly more so as the dirty tactics will be out in force, but without Walsall having the ability to hold any possession spells. They obviously treat this as their Champions League final, so anything less than emptying the tank and we can forget about 3 points. The worst performances, Colchester, Mansfield away days etc. have been followed by a fantastic response, and that’s what will be required on Saturday. 

My Walsall mate reckons we will only have ourselves to blame if we don’t stiffen them.The team are getting dogs abuse recently.

It comes down to discipline and physicality. Keep our heads and stand up strong, then it’s ours to take. Forget about Monday now, we’re pretty admirable at bouncing back so it’s into the next against a much weaker team who’s only hope is if we go in licking our wounds. Going int this with the same midfield 3 is asking for trouble, and I can’t see it happening personally. I’m sure Crosby will change it around with what little options he has available.

Backed by sell out away ends and a considerable amount in home areas I think there's no reason why we cannot bounce back on sat .

Walsall are safe so nowt play for for them however there is contracts to play so there's always something play for professional pride for one .

Hope T Pett is back I'd expect a hastily arranged behind closed doors game be played  if he can be put back in this week also Gibbons .

Hope DC is back on the bench we need him more than ever .

Good luck Vale 

If Hussey is available (and assuming Pett and Walker are still out) then he is a possibility to play defensive midfield. 

This management team have proved that they get things right far more often than they get things wrong, based on our phenomenal form and the fact that we rarely lose! 

We have three really tough games left. On paper, Walsall should be the easiest. We all know our record against them. 🙈

If we can add an away win at Walsall to some of our other away wins, such as Swindon, then we deserve to go up.

Like AC says, see where we are after 46 games. If we're top 3, job done. If not, prepare for the excitement of the play offs! 

UTV! 

7 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

I think Hussey starting isn't a terrible shout. The guy has experienced promotion run ins & his delivery from set plays is phenomenal. Could be the difference in a tight game.

Not sure about Hussey, his delivery from set pieces "has been" phenomenal but he looks like he has run out of steam. You can see his experience/arrogance but I think he is one of those January buys that you later regret. Often known as a journeyman, maybe took the best deal he could before dropping into non league. One of those players who's legs have gone as they say. I am happy for him to prove me wrong though. 

No way is Hussey the player we thought we were signing. Bloke has long gone past it sadly. Not sure deliveries are enough to warrant a start either only equates to a small percentage of the actual game. I think Charsley could do the DM role. He’s got a good engine and is quite snappy in the tackle. Always seems to get a little nick on the ball just to slow the opposition. Don’t have to be a big burly player to play that role. Pett ain’t a physical player neither was Joyce.  What we really lacked on Monday was someone savvy. Bristols player was ref in that game and we had no answer to it.  Not saying that’s why we lost at all but it certainly didn’t help our cause either. 

Archived