onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

Now is the time to assert our superiority over the Saddlers, put all those poor results into the past. Relax, then focus on the plan and team for Saturday. Any players to come back for the battle in midfield? Amoo for some speed and freshness on the wing? Concentrate and put your heart and souls into it, no time for nerves, 5th away win on the trot,  and 3 points back up the M6 please.

FGR v Gas a 6 pointer to watch, FGR 1 point for promotion.

AC/DC Black and White Army

Advert

Just have confidence Vale. That is the key for me now, just be confident. You are good enough.

We're in a great position & we're all buzzing with the season that we have had. Under the circumstances the season has thrown up you have already exceeded the expectations of the fans. You don't need to feel any pressure. To be up there challenging is brilliant & you are the ones who ensured there was over 10K fans inside Vale Park yesterday.

You've lost 2 from the past 20 league matches lads. There's an argument to say the two you have lost could & should've been draws as well. We were worth a point yesterday but I think their 3rd goal has made some people think we were up against an absolute quality side... which we weren't. They were no better than us I didn't think. We weren't outplayed at any stage of the game. The game was played in their final 3rd for the majority of the 2nd half. Ball just didn't drop which happens sometimes.

The only team I have seen outplay us over the whole season was Swindon at our place... & that was when we had 10 men. They are now not even in contention, so absolutely nothing to fear. People will fear playing us.

You are good enough boys. Back yourselves. Get the ball down & play your football. 3 games running through brick walls, through the pain barrier and then you'll have all earned a nice long summer of rest with your loved ones. Think of everything you've already been through together & go & make yourselves heroes.

Now I've calmed down from the disappointment overall Easter hasn't been too bad, if you offered me status quo as it was Thursday and we would gain 3 points on Mansfield I would probably have taken it at the time. If we lost to Hartlepool but Bristol Rovers we'd be buzzing today for example.

We can get the 7 points required and more than likely only need 4 or 5.

This could be the ideal fixture for us. It’s clear all is not well at Walsall even with Flynn in charge and believe they lost Wilkinson to an ACL also. Doesn’t seem like Rodney has set the world on fire either there since joining. Think all AC needs to do is show the lads the video of the last time we played them as well as some of the disgusting chants they aimed at DC and that should be all the motivation needed to put things right.

Going to be the first away game will be sat in the home end as couldn’t get a ticket for the away end. Anyone else doing the home stands for this? Will just have to keep quiet for the 90.

We just need a win here by hook or by crook and then Sky have probably done us a huge favour, win this give the lads a few days off as we have 9 days between games to recharge and get the injuries sorted I imagine we will have at least a couple back for Newport and Wozza and Hussey up to fitness.

We have to be up for a a physically tough test again. Possibly more so as the dirty tactics will be out in force, but without Walsall having the ability to hold any possession spells. They obviously treat this as their Champions League final, so anything less than emptying the tank and we can forget about 3 points. The worst performances, Colchester, Mansfield away days etc. have been followed by a fantastic response, and that’s what will be required on Saturday. 

It might be no coincidence that the only 2 games we’ve lost since Swindon where we played without a defensive midfielder were yesterday and Colchester away.  However, yesterday’s team selection in that area was enforced but Colchester was a choice (both Pett and Walker were on the bench).  For Colchester we definitely weren’t played off the park (arguably we were in midfield yesterday) and though we were pi$$ poor across the team at Colchester, the lack of a DM didn’t seem an issue for the coaching staff for them to select one in the first place or even bring one on as a sub.  I guess what I’m asking is how much of a disadvantage of having no fit defensive midfielder playing will it it be, when the opposition are Walsall rather than BR?  In a must win game should having a DM be a mute point anyways and we should play with the attitude of we’ll score more goals than you and just expect score lines might be 4-3, 5-4, 6-5……?

I'd agree. I don't care if we finish first, second or third - all three teams go up, so I'd be delighted for us to take third and be very pleased if FGR pick up three points against a chasing club. Ditto Exeter when they play Northampton...

Archived