Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Advert:

Reet.....off bed now as it's 11.10 here in France. Not sure how much kip I'll get as I mull over tomorrow's possibilities but at least when I wake up it's GAME DAY, BABY!

Deep breathing exercises tomorrow because having already won at thir place I'm superstitious enough to think we won't win....a draw will be the best possibility.......why, oh why do I torture myself like this.

Conner wait hear that roar on ifollow as we get going...COME ON VALE!!!

E I E I E I O.........

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If we have anything like the side we put out on Friday with Worrall/Gibbo in for Edmundson and a replacement for Walker then I really don't fear them.  They may have improved since we beat them with no strikers at their place earlier in the season but then so have we.

We had no Hall, Benning, Proctor or Wilson, Martin wasn't as established as he is today, Stone the same, Smith is playing as well as he has all season.  Just hope that Ben isn't suffering after taking a knock too that looked pretty bad by his reaction on Friday.

I appreciate that there is the additional pressure but if we can deal with that then I've every faith that we can beat them.  If I'm honest I was more nervous before the game on Friday, I was up at 2.30 as I couldn't sleep even with a couple of glasses of red.  Nowt tonight and I'm feeling fine.  UTV.

Edited by NellyTheValiant
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

Got my nephew coming to his first ever football game tomorrow.

Really excited now just slightly worried that vale often let us down when a big crowd comes. BUT this isn’t the old Vale. So going for a 4-0 win.

That prediction really made me laugh, 4-0 for god sake!... will be at least 6.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Mate just buy your ticket online like me and my son have dead easy well it was dead easy for him 😂

Sorry, I FEAR the internet at this short time scale and darn't RISK it!!.....😅

Advert:

I am in Cornwall at the moment and have to admit i am shitting bricks about today.....I have told everyone go out and enjoy themselves while i watch the game on ifollow....priorities and all that 🙂

Really hope we can do it today

Onwards and Upwards

• Like 4

I am in Cornwall at the moment and have to admit i am shitting bricks about today.....I have told everyone go out and enjoy themselves while i watch the game on ifollow....priorities and all that
Really hope we can do it today
Onwards and Upwards

Exciting times

Posted (edited)

Finished work at 6 a.m dropped asleep downastairs at about quarter to seven woke up quarter to nine really need get back sleep but I cannot ,the passion is running through  me veins .

The build up to this game is humongous the crowds absolutely massive the two teams in there own right very good .

Come on Vale cannot wait get behind the team get behind DC and I'm going give it everything if the other looks like 10 thousand Vale fans do the same should be a tremendous atmosphere 👏

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Joe B said:

That whoever controls the music doesn't cut off 'The Wonder of You' for 'Let Me Entertain You' just as the fans get into it. It proper winds me up. 

Given the scale of the game I think ‘Going the Distance’ from the Rocky films would be more appropriate.

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Given the scale of the game I think ‘Going the Distance’ from the Rocky films would be more appropriate.

Or that big wailing strings tune which Wildes and Norm played pre-match with the flamethrowers. Can't remember what it's called. Need the flamethrowers back too. 

Edited by Joe B

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Or that big wailing strings tune which Wildes and Norm played pre-match with the flamethrowers. Can't remember what it's called. Need the flamethrowers back too. 

Don't want anything even vaguely related to Gorm today thank you very much.

• Like 4

I hope everyone can enjoy it today. I know it's nerve wracking times but if you take a step back... nothing will be decided today & we're fighting at the RIGHT end of the table for the first time in a long time.

You don't get this with Vale very often so I hope all the nervous energy can be transferred into passionate backing of the boys today.

If we play anything like we can, we will win. We're the best side in the league, I truly believe that. We should fear nobody. 

Let's hope for a win but also let's keep it together if it doesn't go our way for whatever reason. & the main thing, enjoy it. We're one of the most success starved clubs in the English Football league, you've got to enjoy the good times & the big games. Don't allow nerves to ruin it. UTV!

• Like 4

Advert:

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Joe B said:

It was Fanfare for the common man,by Emerson,Lake and Palmer. 

Edited by Rudgiesflatcap

• robf locked this topic