Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

13 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

I am expecting them to be the best team we have seen this season....

No, Vale are the best team you've seen this season.

• Like 7

Advert:

11 hours ago, chickensteve said:

Just read a previous piece from Colin Garlick in 2021 in which he is alleged to have said the "grounds current safety certificate is for 14,000" which obviously includes the hamil end.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-league-two/clubs/port-vale/

“Official” capacity on EFL website is 14,406.  Mind you they do have the wrong phone number (01785…).  Surely we’ll hit this official ‘full house’ tomorrow - Bycars sales permitting!

UTV

It wasn`t long ago that our ground was thought too big, surely progress that now its capacity is in question.  I would think if needed on a regular basis 20,000 could be achieved. Having an away end with 4,500 capacity is an asset to achieving large crowds,  since attracting 10,000 home fans on a regular basis has not been achieved since the 60s. Would be great to return to those days.
Even in the greatest days of the JR era our average attendances were nowhere near capacity. Folks will come out for 3 or 4 games a season if we're in with a real chance of going up, or a massive cup game, but otherwise 10-12000 is a good crowd for us. Only a competitive game against Stoke would sell out
  • Like 1

Song for tomorrow.

Do you remember ‘89 ?

Yes we do,yes we do

Do you remember ‘89?

Yes we do,yes we do

Robbie,Robbie Earle,Robbie Earle we love you

Robbie ,Robbie Earle,Robbie Earle we love you.

Stolen from Rangers.”Do you remember Barcelona ?“.

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Need to field a 100% fit team. Don't hope the clogged and tired players can get through this one. I think the squad and management have done a magnificent job to climb in to automatic promotion contention. To be in a position where winning would be superb but not losing still leaves us in a very strong position. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

“Official” capacity on EFL website is 14,406.  Mind you they do have the wrong phone number (01785…).  Surely we’ll hit this official ‘full house’ tomorrow - Bycars sales permitting!

UTV

I know two season ticket holders who can't be there tomorrow. One is working in a hospital. The other looked at the logistics and it can't be done. 

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
59 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:
UTV

Maybe Bycars is restricted capacity due to safety issues?

What, the toilets? 🤣

• Like 1

Advert:

35 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Song for tomorrow.

Do you remember ‘89 ?

Yes we do,yes we do

Do you remember ‘89?

Yes we do,yes we do

Robbie,Robbie Earle,Robbie Earle we love you

Robbie ,Robbie Earle,Robbie Earle we love you.

Stolen from Rangers.”Do you remember Barcelona ?“.

COULD start a GAS RIOT!!?....😂

Posted (edited)

On a serious note, the official capacity also includes the Family Stand, which is about 1,600 as I recall and that will definitely not be used. So it’s probably more like 18,000 and so if you knock 20% off that, which I think is was the figure mentioned because of our safety certificate, then c.14,500 is about right.

Edited by Biddulph_PV
  • Like 1

There will be one spare seat in the Bycars as I’m in Cornwall. Did think of coming back but a) I value my marriage and b) there seems a big shortage of unleaded down here atm.
Sounds like your missus is completely unreasonable
  • Like 1

Advert:

14 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Sounds like your missus is completely unreasonable emoji6.png

TBF she’s been very good about coming back early from a family holiday so I can make the Newport game. 

Just hope she is still as good about it when she realises it’s a 3pm K/O rather than 7.45pm….

🫣🫣

• Like 1

The game has been assigned to the same ref that sent off two Rovers players in the reverse. Find that very unusual and a little bit concerning as I’m sure Barton will be on his case from the first whistle.

• Like 2

• robf locked this topic