• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Advert:

It looks like a bumper crowd on Saturday. I'm sure Andy Crosby will have the team focused and ready.

Like most fans I'm sure we will be looking at the fixtures but all the team can do is win each game and then look at the other results.

The squad looks out for each other,whoever comes in does their bit(Benning,Hussey, Edmonson, Taylor)

We know the players and backroom staff are doing all they can,all the fans can play their part too.

Out of the blocks quickly and hopefully another 3 points 

One game at a time

Just now, DazFred said:

It looks like a bumper crowd on Saturday. I'm sure Andy Crosby will have the team focused and ready.

Like most fans I'm sure we will be looking at the fixtures but all the team can do is win each game and then look at the other results.

The squad looks out for each other,whoever comes in does their bit(Benning,Hussey, Edmonson, Taylor)

We know the players and backroom staff are doing all they can,all the fans can play their part too.

Out of the blocks quickly and hopefully another 3 points 

One game at a time

Saturday?

Try Monday instead!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Proof of pudding is tomorrow I'm sure it said Lorne Street sold out v Oldham and it clearly wasn't. 

5 figure crowd surely, good weather, takes me back to 1989. Same result please .

this is clearly a Vale ticketing issue. I bought a half season ticket in December for lorne Street and only had a choice of a handful of seats but where I sit the next 9 seats to me are always empty but only one has a season ticket sticker on it. even when they said it was sold out last time the same 9 seats were empty. there's something amiss. 

• Like 2

Advert:

12 minutes ago, chickensteve said:

this is clearly a Vale ticketing issue. I bought a half season ticket in December for lorne Street and only had a choice of a handful of seats but where I sit the next 9 seats to me are always empty but only one has a season ticket sticker on it. even when they said it was sold out last time the same 9 seats were empty. there's something amiss. 

Safety limit?

Posted (edited)

I am reasonably confident there will be spare seats in the Railway Stand. Whether it's more of a toilets/turnstile issue, I don't know.

We're going to have the standard 'you need to get there 3 hours early if you don't want to miss kickoff' debate again. Lumping on the live savings that the tickets scanners 'go down'.

Edited by Joe B

I don’t get why stands can’t be filled to capacity, surely when assessing a stand for a safety certificate they take in things like gangways, exits, toilets etc before declaring, say, a 4000 capacity for a stand.

but then to only allow 3500 In doesn’t make sense to me.

Great post from Carol after the game yesterday.

I love what she says in the comments… summarises the point I have been making all season.

When someone mentions the P word, Carol say the P word is progression.

Whatever happens from here on in… this club is in the best place it’s been for years… and everyone should be proud to be Vale.

Now let’s go and finish the job!

Stick Together, Stay Strong, Believe

1080A52C-E39F-4438-9E75-B11D584C777C.jpeg

014CE4BA-A882-450A-B7CF-5D01D5CC9F2D.jpeg

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I am reasonably confident there will be spare seats in the Railway Stand. Whether it's more of a toilets/turnstile issue, I don't know.

We're going to have the standard 'you need to get there 3 hours early if you don't want to miss kickoff' debate again. Lumping on the live savings that the tickets scanners 'go down'.

Obviously with the expected crowd it would be silly to rock up at 2-55  and expect to walk in.

• Like 3

Advert:

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

I don’t get why stands can’t be filled to capacity, surely when assessing a stand for a safety certificate they take in things like gangways, exits, toilets etc before declaring, say, a 4000 capacity for a stand.

The rules change, for instance the time needed to clear a stand for a bomb alert, is a fairly new one and can vary due to the situation in the country.

I'm hoping to travel over for the match on Monday and get a ticket at the office pre KO..........Some of the comments here are starting to make me WONDER if there will BE any tickets available!?.....😐

Where the sweet jiggings is Gibbo?

Crosby said he’d be back at the start of April / end of March, but he hasn’t even been on the bench. Hussey will have to start with Benning in the other side unless Woz is fit. I know you wouldn’t usually play them together, but we need to be tighter than the Oldham game.

43 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Health and safety gone mad absolute madness 

Advert:

42 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

I'm hoping to travel over for the match on Monday and get a ticket at the office pre KO..........Some of the comments here are starting to make me WONDER if there will BE any tickets available!?.....😐

There should be mate but not many at all. There's limited availability in the Railway Paddock which will probably be sold out before Monday but I'd imagine there would be quite a few tickets left in the Bycars. However, so far ticket sales there have been pretty healthy in comparison to other games this season.

If you want to make sure you get a ticket before Monday, you can use the club's ticket website to buy a ticket in advance. This would mean you would either have to print your ticket or have it on your phone to scan at the turnstile. Here is the link for the club's ticket website: 

PVFC-SHOP.COM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FeedThePope9 said:

There should be mate but not many at all. There's limited availability in the Railway Paddock which will probably be sold out before Monday but I'd imagine there would be quite a few tickets left in the Bycars. However, so far ticket sales there have been pretty healthy in comparison to other games this season.

If you want to make sure you get a ticket before Monday, you can use the club's ticket website to buy a ticket in advance. This would mean you would either have to print your ticket or have it on your phone to scan at the turnstile. Here is the link for the club's ticket website: 

PVFC-SHOP.COM

Many thanks for the info, I'll risk it and ROUGH it in the Bycars then......🥰

• Like 1

• robf locked this topic