• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Have a read off big Nige’s comments and then look at the highlights vs Sutton 🤣🤣

Anyway, this Monday will be huge and typical I’m away in Cornwall so will be watching on iFollow.

A win would be absolutely mega. But look at the fixtures…2A227D12-9CA4-445D-83EE-565C941DAA96.thumb.jpeg.fc69ca459fea5caaae2ae0750027e6e8.jpeg

Tranmere HAVE TO get something vs Exeter, but Northampton should beat Harrogate. Oldham desperately need something at FGR now but will be without Piergianni who annoyingly was red carded for involvement in an 88th minute fracas. A Sutton win vs Newport would arguably see them having to go for it a bit more when we play rather than playing cautiously - does that suit us more???

Eeeeekkkk, the nail chewing has already started!!! 🫣🫣🫣

• Like 1

Advert:

Gutted, I'm away too but my season ticket has gone to a good place (temporarily). Back for Newport, hopefully by then it'll either be a promotion party or a chance to confirm it. I'd take a draw v Brizzle now and be confident of beating Walsall and Newport.

Railway stand sold out Lorne Street stand sold out limited availability in paddock and bycars having a stormer .

Should be sold out  within hours

UTV .

Buzzing bring on Bartons boys wonder if Ben Garrity will do something v them I'm sure he may .

Atmosphere should be electric going be like the 90s when Arsenal come to town or Everton .

Come on Vale 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Railway stand sold out Lorne Street stand sold out limited availability in paddock and bycars having a stormer .

Should be sold out  within hours

UTV .

Buzzing bring on Bartons boys wonder if Ben Garrity will do something v them I'm sure he may .

Atmosphere should be electric going be like the 90s when Arsenal come to town or Everton .

Come on Vale 

Be nice to get 14,000 again like the Arsenal game.

• Haha 1

Advert:

Proof of pudding is tomorrow I'm sure it said Lorne Street sold out v Oldham and it clearly wasn't. 

5 figure crowd surely, good weather, takes me back to 1989. Same result please .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Santa said:

Someone said the Railway Stand got taken off sale temporarily while they tried to work out whether they’ve sold too many tickets or not. 

The Safety Certificate will show how many seats they are allowed to sell per stand, not usually a problem for us except in Cup Games.  Obviously will be on the ticketing system when we reach the Championship, and /or our entry and exit arrangements improved.

• Like 1

Loren Street sold out, Railway Stand presumably sold out (or pretty much there about as they’ve stopped selling tickets for it online for the time being at least) and the Paddock and Bycars are looking pretty healthy too so far. An entire block section of Bycars has completely sold out and I don’t think that has happened at all this season. I’m hoping for a 10,000 plus crowd!!! 

UTV

Advert:

Who's responsible for all the safety certficate restrictions enforced on us in recent years? SOT Council?

The fire exits, gangways etc were designed and are maintained to the respective standards. It will be fully compliant with the Taylor report. The Lorne Street will have been built to modern British Standards regs. Subject to a sufficient number of stewards, I don't quite understand why the capacity would be restricted to less than the max, if I'm honest. Ignoring the not yet built LS east side concourse restricting that block of seats for now.

13 minutes ago, Doha said:

Who's responsible for all the safety certficate restrictions enforced on us in recent years? SOT Council?

The fire exits, gangways etc were designed and are maintained to the respective standards. It will be fully compliant with the Taylor report. The Lorne Street will have been built to modern British Standards regs. Subject to a sufficient number of stewards, I don't quite understand why the capacity would be restricted to less than the max, if I'm honest. Ignoring the not yet built LS east side concourse restricting that block of seats for now.

The local council calculate or approve the calculations based on the current government guidelines.  Exit times are probably stricter nowadays due to the need to cope with bomb alerts. The guidelines are available online with a bit of a search.

54 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Proof of pudding is tomorrow I'm sure it said Lorne Street sold out v Oldham and it clearly wasn't. 

5 figure crowd surely, good weather, takes me back to 1989. Same result please .

Lorne St has alot of season ticket holders I suppose some were ill or on holiday.

10 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

I’ve got to be honest, I think we’ll have a lot of work to do getting the ground ready for Champions League football by 2025/6.

One step at a time, the Championship will be a big enough leap.

Advert:

11 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The local council calculate or approve the calculations based on the current government guidelines.  Exit times are probably stricter nowadays due to the need to cope with bomb alerts. The guidelines are available online with a bit of a search.

Anyone interested in the Ground Capacity calculations, and time on their hands

Worked Example A: Football/rugby (sgsa.org.uk)

17 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Huge game this and a win here and one foot in league one you would think.

If we beat Rovers there all but out of the race to catch us, with Mansfield who don’t travel well heading to Carlisle it could be pivotal. A win at all costs could be massive.

Need to hope Worrall or Gibbons is fit to start to tame their danger man Anderson as playing Edmundson against someone like that wouldn’t be ideal.

If we draw and Mansfield fail to win that would be equally acceptable as it would still leave us with the ability to lose one of the last three and still go up, although on form I’d expect two wins from four to see us over the line, especially with GD.

As it stands we could do that anyway - only Mansfield below us can get 84 points but we have a much better GD

• robf locked this topic