• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

2,222 out of 10,840  makes it 8,618  Vale on a Bank Holiday

When we were 'promoted' v Northampton didn't they bring 2,500 and the away was only half full? If that end holds 4,500, then it is hard to see 2,250 empty seats in the away end today. On the telly it looked a lot more than 10.8k. Safety certificate aside, with 18,000 seats, I can't see where 8k could have gone.

Maybe it looked emptier in real life I dunno?

Advert:

Did I read right that this was the same referee in the reverse fixture and gave 2 red cards for BR? He clearly bottled it today, the first horrendous fouls should have all been yellow cards if not red. He clearly didn't want to have to make those decisions given his history in the last game, so did nothing. He bought all their antics throughout. And took path of least resistance e.g. allowing their sub standing on the goal line, to walk all the way across to half way line. A clear disregard for the rules which are not discretionary!
That said, they had more hunger and bullied us out of the game. Jake Taylor looked out of depth. Worrall didn't look fit.

Our lack of midfielders cost us the game today 

On another day Jones shot bobbles in 

Jones long throw flicked on by Martin hits Wilson and goes in 

Sadly not our day 

Proctor was good again today 

MOM Martin 

On to the next one...Newport and Salford can't catch us due to GD 

It's still in our hands and it's asking all the others to win every game...which they can't 

Let's stay positive 

One game at a time

• Like 1

They did a job on Vale today and had the run of the ball to boot. As good as AC's recent half time team talks and substitutions have been it would be good to hear his rational for the ones made today, particularly Charsley.

Much prefer to be in Vale's position than any of the teams below us.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Inny said:

Needed a stronger ref. Their captain was running the ref.

Our injuries are starting to take their toll now. We looked shattered and devoid of ideas late on. Decision making was poor at times.

Still in our hands and we need to re-set and come back like we did after our last defeat.

As soon as I saw it was the ref from the reverse fixture I feared he would be too lenient on them … Barton will have been in his ear all afternoon about the 2 reds at their place.

Unfortunately we missed Pett / Walker too much today. Someone to play that defensive mid role and control us.

Unless Pett gets himself fit soon we are in for a tough run in. 

That said it’s in our hands… onto Walsall!

Stick together, stay strong, believe

• Like 2

Advert:

Our injuries caught up with us today. Still in our own hands though.

I’d like to meet Barton in a dark alley, kick him in the nuts then run to the ref claiming he’d dived!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Still I our hands which is the main thing.
They were a dirty side. You can tell their manager is Barton.
The ref was poor as well. Let then take the pi$$ with time wasting. He should of dealt with them like the ref did with the barrow keeper at barrow away.
On to walsall

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Draw was a fair result, we just conceded two really, really poor goals. Stone has to claim the second one for me. Thought Taylor was atrocious, says something that he got brought off for a centre half. Really missed Walked or Pett. Thought Smith also had his worst game of the season. Hopefully we aren’t bottling promotion.

Edited by Powerline

Posted (edited)

Most frustrating game I've witnessed in ages. I thought the midfield were none existent. Benning man of the match?

They seriously weren't up to much. If Jones had scored it would of I suppose been a fair result.

We didnt create enough, Worrall out of the game. Wilson was good.

Such a massive shame we get a big crowd in and we all go home disappointed. Gutted.

Walsall absolutely huge now, No mistakes allowed

Edited by Platty's Tassels

On another note, the ref was a disgrace. How their keeper didn’t get booked for time wasting is truly beyond me. Didn’t stamp it out at all. Their captain had him in his pocket.

• Like 1

Advert:

Didn’t turn up. One team wanted it and they weren’t playing in white. Disappointed in the, at times, blasé attitude from some. We’re so bad at pressing the second ball it’s a nice surprise when we win it. 

Ref and Railway liner were appalling. Surprise surprise. 

Need Pett back. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thought we were quite average at times today; had huge hopes of Taylor but he didn't look great today. At times we were just not at the races. 

Thought Proctor and Wilson were superb and the ball Wilson put through to Jones was sublime - if only he'd scored.  Wozzer had a good match until he went off.

My nephew - huge GasHead has already sent me a dozen texts.  Git.

So, for me, its a setback; thats all.  As others have said, lets stay strong and stick together - lets go and take it out on Walsall.  

till hoping to be up for the Newport match and then Exeter away, last game of the season, will be very interesting.

KTF and UTV

Edited by Osh

Advert:

David Worrall is not a wing back and we completely neuter ourselves playing him in a defensive role.

Gibbons back on Saturday Jesus Christ please. Please. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Draw was a fair result, we just conceded two really, really poor goals. Stone has to claim the second one for me. Thought Taylor was atrocious, says something that he got brought off for a centre half. Really missed Walked or Pett. Thought Smith also had his worst game of the season. Hopefully we aren’t bottling promotion.

As others have said we were missing a vital ingredient in midfield today, plus we just didnt get the rub of the green - nothing we cant put behind us on Saturday

• robf locked this topic