Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Advert:

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

Now not totally in our hands, because both Bristol & NHampton now only 2 points behind us so if either (or both) get one more win than us we'll be in the play-offs

It's in our hands! Bristol, Northampton and Sutton can only get to 82 points. We're on 75 with 3 to play...so 3/3 wins...or 2wins + 1 draw does it unless there is that huge swing on GD! Anyone thinking FGR have imploded haven't considered they don't need many points to become champions - so I'm pretty sure there will be some fight left in them?

• Like 1

We needed a couple of midfielders today. It was always a tough ask and I thought we gave it a decent go in the circumstances.

They are a good team and will probably go up. Shame they're so dirty, really not sure it's necessary when they've got better players than everyone else.

• Like 2

Just now, Rory said:

We needed a couple of midfielders today. It was always a tough ask and I thought we gave it a decent go in the circumstances.

They are a good team and will probably go up. Shame they're so dirty, really not sure it's necessary when they've got better players than everyone else.

Bloody hope they don’t go up, because it is likely to be at our expense! 

• Haha 1

Advert:

Needed a stronger ref. Their captain was running the ref.

Our injuries are starting to take their toll now. We looked shattered and devoid of ideas late on. Decision making was poor at times.

Still in our hands and we need to re-set and come back like we did after our last defeat.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

good game for the neutral that

You are correct in that, it was exciting, but our final ball was not worthy of promotion quality today. We struggled at Barrow, at home to Oldham, also at Hartlepool. A good team was always gonna do us. It has been an excellent run. I fancied a draw today and defeat next week for Walsall's cup final. A win next week and we are back on track.

Edited by MelbourneValiant
grammar
  • Like 1

2 reasons we lost today. 1 is we can't play Infront of a decent crowd and we never do anything easily. 2nd reason is name a side in the division that could cope with conlon walker and pett being out injured in the midfield.

• Like 1

Really should have got a point with all the chances between the 70-80th mins. 10,800 isn’t a bad crowd given that Rovers we’re still at least 500 down on filling the away end. Plus I don’t think this is the crucial game for us that many think. Exeter lost, so this really isn’t a bad result. 

Disappointing. In some respects I think the early goal really worked against us, didn’t seem to know what to do for the next 10 mins and gifted them an equaliser, then really poor defending for there 2nd. Carbon copy of the Walsall and Swindon home performance that was. 

I always feared this game, you felt a big away following, Barton winding them up to the max (a la Walsall), all the pressure being on us plus injuries and fatigue creeping in that it would be a struggle. I also felt that the same ref being chosen as the reverse fixture was a bad sign and he put in a really weak performance allowing their 15 to frankly get away with murder.

Hope we can get everyone and everything pumped up for Walsall. 

• Like 1

Advert:

6 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Really should have got a point with all the chances between the 70-80th mins. 10,800 isn’t a bad crowd given that Rovers we’re still at least 500 down on filling the away end. Plus I don’t think this is the crucial game for us that many think. Exeter lost, so this really isn’t a bad result. 

2,222 out of 10,840  makes it 8,618  Vale on a Bank Holiday

• Like 2

Not the end of the world. We weren’t really at it today perhaps one injury too many in defensive midfield dept (and no real time to work on new shape sine Friday). They bullied and bossed midfield first half sat back and defended well second half only real clear cut chance we had fell to Jones who bust a gut to get there so can’t really criticise.  Job now for DC/AC to lift the team to go again at Walsall.  We win the next 2 and everyone else still has to win all their games to catch us.  Would still snapped your hand off to be where we are with 3 games to go.

UTV

KTF

• Like 5

Advert:

14 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

It's in our hands! Bristol, Northampton and Sutton can only get to 82 points. We're on 75 with 3 to play...so 3/3 wins...or 2wins + 1 draw does it unless there is that huge swing on GD! Anyone thinking FGR have imploded haven't considered they don't need many points to become champions - so I'm pretty sure there will be some fight left in them?

Statistically true, but Walsall away, Newport (H) Exeter away = 7 or 9 points=OPTIMISTIC

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

walsall lost four out of last five 

oh god im getting into that mindless loop of looking at everyones fixtures left 

Everyone else still has at least one tough game left, with the exception of Sutton.

Also I believe that, if we approach the game right, we should be too good for Walsall.

Edited by Quebec_Valiant
  • Like 2

• robf locked this topic