Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Didn’t they record Sibelius’ Karelia Suite as well?  Don’t know if it was the same album?

That was The Nice,Jean.Keith Emerson played keyboards for both bands.
  • Like 1

Advert:

Jake Taylor is back in the starting 11.  Hope he has a good game.  

Another 3 points please.

Sounds like there could be a big crowd at Vale Park.

1 minute ago, Powerline said:

Massive queues at the gates, for some reason the clowns don’t have them open. Absolutely farcical.

Not as if they were not warned that there would be big crowds coming today, so more gates would be needed to be opened to allow the fans in.  😱

Advert:

8 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Jake Taylor is back in the starting 11.  Hope he has a good game.  

Another 3 points please.

Sounds like there could be a big crowd at Vale Park.

Good news that JT is back in.

UTV!!!

7 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Not as if they were not warned that there would be big crowds coming today, so more gates would be needed to be opened to allow the fans in.  😱

None of the turnstiles were open!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Have to say for any of the “just turn up earlier crowd” there is a lot of people who did and they didn’t open the turnstiles until 2pm and have just let queues build. We should probably be looking at that for the next game.

Edited by Guppys left peg
  • Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Didn’t they record Sibelius’ Karelia Suite as well?  Don’t know if it was the same album?

You've got me there on that particular point and as I sold my vinyl collection a few years ago, I can't check.  However, they ddi use references & adaptations of classical pieces (I think Hoedown was based on Aaron Coupland's "Rodeo" and they also called one of their albums "Pictures at an Exhibition" which is of course a classical piece by Mussorgsky.

That makes it sound a bit high-brow to anyone who wasn't around in the 70s, but I always thought their music was a breath of fresh air compared with some of the 'bubble gum' stuff around at that time!

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

You've got me there on that particular point and as I sold my vinyl collection a few years ago, I can't check.  However, they ddi use references & adaptations of classical pieces (I think Hoedown was based on Aaron Coupland's "Rodeo" and they also called one of their albums "Pictures at an Exhibition" which is of course a classical piece by Mussorgsky.

That makes it sound a bit high-brow to anyone who wasn't around in the 70s, but I always thought their music was a breath of fresh air compared with some of the 'bubble gum' stuff around at that time!

Smarty pants 😜

Advert:

In all my 50 years of going the vale, not seen queues like this for the by cars. Not going to get in for 3pm
Chances of a late KO? How many Turnstiles open?

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
4 minutes ago, Conrad said:
In all my 50 years of going the vale, not seen queues like this for the by cars. Not going to get in for 3pm

I doubt it. I’m sure there’ll be moaning but people knew how many tickets had been sold so they should get here earlier.

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Two turnstile for the  bycars que down past Synetics 

• robf locked this topic