Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Advert:

Oddly don’t feel nervy about today, I’m sure it will change at some point!!! Really looking forward to big crowd atmosphere and hopefully a good game. 

Big moment for Vale fans again to be the 12th man. Very very important not to transmit nerves to the players and get louder and prouder when the team go through a bad spell in the game.

If we start like we did last home match I feel we can blow these away in the opening 20 minutes.

3-1

3 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

quickie just trying get my mate set up on ifollow - can someone deffo confirm it is available for today

I just checked without a VPN and have the option to buy a match pass

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

quickie just trying get my mate set up on ifollow - can someone deffo confirm it is available for today

Yes, I'm able to purchase it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Or that big wailing strings tune which Wildes and Norm played pre-match with the flamethrowers. Can't remember what it's called. Need the flamethrowers back too. 

You mean the carmina burana 

Advert:

46 minutes ago, Rudgiesflatcap said:

It was Fanfare for the common man,by Emerson,Lake and Palmer. 

Fanfare for the Common Man is by Aaron Copeland. The bit we played was something about heart and courage. 

• Thanks 2

Advert:

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Fanfare for the Common Man is by Aaron Copeland. The bit we played was something about heart and courage. 

The one I remember was by ELP in the mid to late 70s. Maybe they did a cover version of Copelands original. 
this sounds better than what Smurf chose anyway 🤣

Edited by Rudgiesflatcap
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

Just read Crossers address. I feel like he's told me I'm playing up front.

I went to bed last night knowing that I couldn't love The Vale anymore. For some reason I woke up this morning and I realised I loved them just a little bit more. 

UTV

That's definitely true love and not just a crush!😃

39 minutes ago, Doha said:

It was this.

Still gives me shivers remembering the players running out to it.  With the flames going up as well.

8 minutes ago, Rudgiesflatcap said:

The one I remember was by ELP in the mid to late 70s. Maybe they did a cover version of Copelands original. 
this sounds better than what Smurf chose anyway 🤣

Great track--used to have the album in vinyl!

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Oddly don’t feel nervy about today, I’m sure it will change at some point!!! Really looking forward to big crowd atmosphere and hopefully a good game. 

Big moment for Vale fans again to be the 12th man. Very very important not to transmit nerves to the players and get louder and prouder when the team go through a bad spell in the game.

If we start like we did last home match I feel we can blow these away in the opening 20 minutes.

3-1

I'd settle for that scoreline, but realistically think it's going to be a tad tighter than that this afternoon. However, I hope you're right and I'm wrong.  Up the Vale!

Advert:

46 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

Just read Crossers address. I feel like he's told me I'm playing up front.

I went to bed last night knowing that I couldn't love The Vale anymore. For some reason I woke up this morning and I realised I loved them just a little bit more. 

UTV

Works the other way for me n Mrs Hoppers 😇

17 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Great track--used to have the album in vinyl!

Didn’t they record Sibelius’ Karelia Suite as well?  Don’t know if it was the same album?

• robf locked this topic