onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

Bumpkin? Is that some kind of reference to the fact that Bristol is in the West Country? You know, Bristol, a city towards three times the size of your miserable conurbation of six scruffy little towns with no real purpose or industry?
we caught an Uber from the station up to Burslem, a 4 mile journey through endless, epic squalor. What an absolute hole you live in.

Id rather be a Bumpkin than live in Stoke. I almost feel sorry for you.

Bristol is a nice city but equally has some hellholes like every city. Stoke has seen much better days, I don't think anyone would deny that but I think the surrounding area of the Staffordshire moorlands (where I live) and Peak District are far superior in every way to the surrounding areas of Bristol in terms of scenery. I also agree with others that the people are far and away a nicer and more down to earth bunch. Clifton thinks it's Knightsbridge FFS.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Advert

11 hours ago, Oldgas said:

Bumpkin? Is that some kind of reference to the fact that Bristol is in the West Country? You know, Bristol, a city towards three times the size of your miserable conurbation of six scruffy little towns with no real purpose or industry?

we caught an Uber from the station up to Burslem, a 4 mile journey through endless, epic squalor. What an absolute <ovf censored> hole you live in.

Why don't you <Edit> off then? 

The ref sent our player off. The Lino reported only what he saw, he didn’t see the stamp because your player was crafty enough to do it when the Lino wasn’t looking. And yes, your players were pushing the ref to send him off and celebrated madly when he obliged.
You haven’t made any comment about your fans wanting your team to work on our booked players to get them sent off. If you read through this thread you will read it. I don’t like football played in that spirit, but if a team like yours can be as cynical as you were at our place with the obvious support of the fans then if you can’t beat em you have to join em. Sad but true. It really isn’t good enough to start bleating when other sides employ the same tactics and gamesmanship as you.

I watched that game on ifollow and like Jacko I have zero recollection of the picture you painted. Your (note the correct use of the word) manager is a thug who should be nowhere near a football club and his team plays in his image. 6 yellow cards is ridiculous and you've had a ridiculous amount of sending offs. Perhaps a bit of self reflection is needed but you don't sound like the type.

20 minutes ago, Oldgas said:

we caught an Uber from the station up to Burslem, a 4 mile journey through endless, epic squalor. What an absolute <ovf censored> hole you live in.

What was it like to come to a football ground on Monday instead of nicking a stadium from the egg chasers - a dump which houses away fans in tent and an awful open terrace?

26 minutes ago, Oldgas said:

Incidentally, I noticed you registered on this board less than 24 hours ago. Where were you when you lost in December?  Hiding behind your delusions about the officials??

9 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I watched that game on ifollow and like Jacko I have zero recollection of the picture you painted. Your (note the correct use of the word) manager is a thug who should be nowhere near a football club and his team plays in his image. 6 yellow cards is ridiculous and you've had a ridiculous amount of sending offs. Perhaps a bit of self reflection is needed but you don't sound like the type.

I doubt the single, shaky I follow camera remained on the 2 players on the touch line after the ball was cleared. Therefore it wouldn’t have shown your player’s deliberate stamp then histrionic collapse onto the turf after Finlay’s reaction. Your team worked the officials to get him sent off and that set the tone for the rest of the match. If you’re happy for your team to cheat like that then fine. The reason I’ve posted on this thread was to give some balance to the moaning and groaning about our tactics at yours on Monday. Can’t believe your fans seem to think you’re the only team allowed to use the dark arts.

i know I’m one voice against many, but it’s all a bit of fun.

9 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

What was it like to come to a football ground on Monday instead of nicking a stadium from the egg chasers - a dump which houses away fans in tent and an awful open terrace?

I like VP, it’s a traditional stadium that’s been modernised. It’s different from the ground you had for the 2 leg PO final but still recognisable.

As for the Mem, it wasn’t stolen. If we hadn’t bought it from Bristol Rugby when they went bust a distribution company wanted to buy it and turn it into a warehouse. Rovers and the rugby wouldn’t have had a stadium to play at. We actually saved the rugby club and ensured they had somewhere to play. It was a legitimate business arrangement, nothing was stolen and you sound like one of those bitter Teds from across the river.

Haven’t Vale been in administration in the recent past? I wonder how many individuals and small businesses got stiffed as a result?

Glasshouses and stone throwing come to mind.

The Memorial ground is an awful ground, one of the worst in the division, it’s as if a crappy section has been added separately each time. Rovers have a division 1 support with a none league ground, Keep talking about a new ground but no closer than they were 5 years ago.

People visiting the area or going past by train will think when they see the smart floodlights that this looks like a good ground and then walk up to it and it still looks decent but only when they arrive do they realise this is the cricket ground, that dump down the road is the Memorial ground. 

59 minutes ago, Oldgas said:

I like VP, it’s a traditional stadium that’s been modernised. It’s different from the ground you had for the 2 leg PO final but still recognisable.

As for the Mem, it wasn’t stolen. If we hadn’t bought it from Bristol Rugby when they went bust a distribution company wanted to buy it and turn it into a warehouse. Rovers and the rugby wouldn’t have had a stadium to play at. We actually saved the rugby club and ensured they had somewhere to play. It was a legitimate business arrangement, nothing was stolen and you sound like one of those bitter Teds from across the river.

Haven’t Vale been in administration in the recent past? I wonder how many individuals and small businesses got stiffed as a result?

Glasshouses and stone throwing come to mind.

My “nicking the ground” comment was a joke but thank you for the very boring history lesson. As one of the posters above has said, your club has league 1 support but a ground which wouldn’t look out of place in non league - which is where you were before Clarkey saved you. Thanks for sacking him so he could come to Vale. Best thing you ever did for us!!

11 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Looking at your tactics on Saturday and the fact you had 6 yellow cards (all correct decisions) there is no wonder you end games with 9 men. Barton was a dirty player and it’s obviously drilled in to your team to play that way, hey, it wins games but don’t whinge when it goes against you.

Don't you get reported to the FA for having 6 yellows in a game?

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

BTW Brizzle have 84 yellow cards and 8 red cards...5 straight red 

Vale have 68 and 4 

Covolan 2 straight reds,Jones straight red,Conlon 2 yellows 

16 fouls to 7 on Monday. Rovers are the most fouled team in the division, yet we’re the dirty ones??🤣🤣 Half of our reds have been a joke. Clearly an anti-Barton agenda amongst refs (understandably)

And as for you lot crying about Paul Coutts walking off on Monday, he is the captain and had to pass the armband over to Glen Wheelan.

The better team won. Still hope you come up with us though for DC.

Archived