onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

I’ve been looking forward to the return match with Vale ever since the injustice of the game at the Mem late last year. All the things you Vale fans have accused us of doing at VP are exactly what your players were doing back at our place. Very early in the game one of your players deliberately stamped on Finlay’s foot way after the ball had gone, causing him to react. Your player went down like he had been shot and your players immediately surrounded the ref, waving imaginary cards and demanding he be sent off. When the gullible, useless ref obliged your guys were laughing and high-fiving each other. Very sportsman like.

your team then spent the rest of the 90 minutes slowing the game, players were falling over ‘injured’ every time we attacked and the ref fell for it every time. We gave you a close game with 10 men from very early on but you cheated you way to the 3 points. Fair enough. Even DC was honest enough to admit you’d got away with it, and that’s football. If it had been a cat it would have got through 8 1/2 lives that evening.

I travelled to Burslem quietly confident we would get a result. Our team has developed massively since we last met after the chaos of our relegation season. Your fans have complained that you were missing several first choice players on Monday. That happens and that is when squad depth comes into play. It’s no use complaining about missing players, it happens to every team. For several weeks we were down to bare bones because of Covid.

You have complained that Coutts ran the game. Good, that’s what you expect your Captain to do. Your fans have complained that you’re players didn’t, in effect, cheat to have our booked players sent off. Very sporting. See my comments about the Finlay incident in the first game. Natural justice was served on Monday; what goes around comes around is the saying, I believe.

Tell me, did you adopt the Elvis song in response to Stokes Delilah, or was it the other way around?

Ive always liked Vale, a good, Blue Collar working persons club with a loyal core of supporters, very much like us. We both have to contend with another club that’s a rich mans plaything, supported by glory-hunting arseholes. Such is life! Having just come down, I can confidently say that if either or both teams manage promotion we will need some pretty hefty additions to survive in L1. Its the equivalent of the old League Division 2 before the Premier League was invented.

Oh, and by the way, we’re  Rovers, not Bristol. We wouldn’t want to be confused with the 6 fingers Orcs from south of the river! And if you’re going to write Bristol as it’s said down here then it’s ‘Bristaw’ not ‘Brizzle’ FFS!

Enjoy the rest of the season.

Advert

11 hours ago, LancyTony said:

You're right sadly - injuries are why we haven't already sealed automatic promotion, and are not in the fight to be champions! I'm hoping - like the rest of Vale fans - that we have enough to see us over the line. It's what we deserve for what the Club has gone through, especially over the last couple of decades...and the plus point is the pressure is the same for the other clubs around us! UTV VTID

You're absolutely spot-on. Let's hope we do get what all we fans, Carol, Kevin and the coaching team deserve.  up the Vale!

18 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

You’re not only Gasmad you are clearly Gasdeaf as well. As regards poor losers, read your forum when we beat you down there and you wanted your manager sacked!!

Can I also point out that you need to revise on the use of the apostrophe! 😜

He claims he’s dicklessic ,Jean.I think it was that.😂

7 hours ago, Oldgas said:

I’ve been looking forward to the return match with Vale ever since the injustice of the game at the Mem late last year. All the things you Vale fans have accused us of doing at VP are exactly what your players were doing back at our place. Very early in the game one of your players deliberately stamped on Finlay’s foot way after the ball had gone, causing him to react. Your player went down like he had been shot and your players immediately surrounded the ref, waving imaginary cards and demanding he be sent off. When the gullible, useless ref obliged your guys were laughing and high-fiving each other. Very sportsman like.

your team then spent the rest of the 90 minutes slowing the game, players were falling over ‘injured’ every time we attacked and the ref fell for it every time. We gave you a close game with 10 men from very early on but you cheated you way to the 3 points. Fair enough. Even DC was honest enough to admit you’d got away with it, and that’s football. If it had been a cat it would have got through 8 1/2 lives that evening.

I travelled to Burslem quietly confident we would get a result. Our team has developed massively since we last met after the chaos of our relegation season. Your fans have complained that you were missing several first choice players on Monday. That happens and that is when squad depth comes into play. It’s no use complaining about missing players, it happens to every team. For several weeks we were down to bare bones because of Covid.

You have complained that Coutts ran the game. Good, that’s what you expect your Captain to do. Your fans have complained that you’re players didn’t, in effect, cheat to have our booked players sent off. Very sporting. See my comments about the Finlay incident in the first game. Natural justice was served on Monday; what goes around comes around is the saying, I believe.

Tell me, did you adopt the Elvis song in response to Stokes Delilah, or was it the other way around?

Ive always liked Vale, a good, Blue Collar working persons club with a loyal core of supporters, very much like us. We both have to contend with another club that’s a rich mans plaything, supported by glory-hunting arseholes. Such is life! Having just come down, I can confidently say that if either or both teams manage promotion we will need some pretty hefty additions to survive in L1. Its the equivalent of the old League Division 2 before the Premier League was invented.

Oh, and by the way, we’re  Rovers, not Bristol. We wouldn’t want to be confused with the 6 fingers Orcs from south of the river! And if you’re going to write Bristol as it’s said down here then it’s ‘Bristaw’ not ‘Brizzle’ FFS!

In fairness he isnt far wrong - as we have said about Coutts, he is the kind of player you want playing for you rather than against you. Hopefully Vale and Rovers go up as we have a mutual love of the "DC"

4 hours ago, Hoppers said:

In fairness he isnt far wrong - as we have said about Coutts, he is the kind of player you want playing for you rather than against you. Hopefully Vale and Rovers go up as we have a mutual love of the "DC"

Thing is Rovers didn’t need to use the horrible tactics they used, they were far better than us and could have easily won by just playing football.

Don't encourage the bumpkin.

Anyone who signs up to an opposition forum to gloat, goad etc is a sad act .

Where was he in December? 

Really hope them and their thuggish manager miss out to firstly ourselves and then Sutton mug them off in the play offs .

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Really hope them and their thuggish manager miss out to firstly ourselves and then Sutton mug them off in the play offs .

killing em with kindness 🤣

12 hours ago, Oldgas said:

Your memories of the game down at your place are rather different to mine and yes, I was at the game. The first sending off was down to the liner not the referee. Your manager said after the game that it was your seventh sending off of the season which rather suggested that it was your players who were indisciplined. The second sending of was when one of our midfielders  was through on goal and was brought down by a nasty high kick. Your goal was a lucky deflection. We played that game against you without any strikers and on Monday we played without any of our fist choice midfield.

Also, your suggestion that our players were high fiving each other after the first red card is a figment of your imagination.

You were the better side on Monday. We were the better side down there. Evens itself out. 

Your memories of the game down at your place are rather different to mine and yes, I was at the game. The first sending off was down to the liner not the referee. Your manager said after the game that it was your seventh sending off of the season which rather suggested that it was your players who were indisciplined. The second sending of was when one of our midfielders  was through on goal and was brought down by a nasty high kick. Your goal was a lucky deflection. We played that game against you without any strikers and on Monday we played without any of our fist choice midfield.
Also, your suggestion that our players were high fiving each other after the first red card is a figment of your imagination.
You were the better side on Monday. We were the better side down there. Evens itself out. 

Don't ruin his delusions Jacko, bless him.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Coutts...hmmm 

Could I see Conlon,Smith or Pett (our captains) chatting to the ref all game like he's an old pal after committing the foul that should have been a red card? Absolutely not 

Is he that good? I don't think so 

You can tell he is held in high regard by Joey Barton. 

Let's hope Barton gets his just desserts in court on June 23rd.

After missing out in the playoffs 

Monday was one of those games. On another day we get a draw. They weren't 2 goals better than us but for me,it was one game too far,albeit with a scratch midfield.

On to the next one 

Be positive everyone

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

The ref sent our player off. The Lino reported only what he saw, he didn’t see the stamp because your player was crafty enough to do it when the Lino wasn’t looking. And yes, your players were pushing the ref to send him off and celebrated madly when he obliged.

You haven’t made any comment about your fans wanting your team to work on our booked players to get them sent off. If you read through this thread you will read it. I don’t like football played in that spirit, but if a team like yours can be as cynical as you were at our place with the obvious support of the fans then if you can’t beat em you have to join em. Sad but true. It really isn’t good enough to start bleating when other sides employ the same tactics and gamesmanship as you.

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Bumpkin? Is that some kind of reference to the fact that Bristol is in the West Country? You know, Bristol, a city towards three times the size of your miserable conurbation of six scruffy little towns with no real purpose or industry?

we caught an Uber from the station up to Burslem, a 4 mile journey through endless, epic squalor. What an absolute <ovf censored> hole you live in.

Id rather be a Bumpkin than live in Stoke. I almost feel sorry for you.

Looking at your tactics on Saturday and the fact you had 6 yellow cards (all correct decisions) there is no wonder you end games with 9 men. Barton was a dirty player and it’s obviously drilled in to your team to play that way, hey, it wins games but don’t whinge when it goes against you.

1 minute ago, Oldgas said:

Bumpkin? Is that some kind of reference to the fact that Bristol is in the West Country? You know, Bristol, a city towards three times the size of your miserable conurbation of six scruffy little towns with no real purpose or industry?

we caught an Uber from the station up to Burslem, a 4 mile journey through endless, epic squalor. What an absolute <ovf censored> hole you live in.

Id rather be a Bumpkin than live in Stoke. I almost feel sorry for you.

I live in Somerset and have done for nearly 10 years and one thing I can honestly say….the people are so much nicer In Stoke or that area, and Bristol has some pretty shirt areas too, I mean look where Rovers ground is! How run down is Gloucester Road with its pretentious locals who really think they are something.

Archived