onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

Re the positions it is the psycholgy of the chase - below third place you are carrot and donkey. In top three you are looking behind you - as the wise man said "there's not much distance between a pat on the back, and a kick in the pants" 

Advert

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

Still can’t see the point, why not protect Garrett or Wilson? They were bad substitutions imo and did not improve our chances of an equaliser. Barton won the tactics over AC on the day in every aspect.

Not saying I agree with them, just stating what ac said 😁👍

The lad hasn't played for nigh 6 months he is bound to be rusty and is being asked to play slightly out of position. Though that hasn't stopped Edmondson 😁👍. I do wonder if we will try and sign Ryan and kian. They seem to love it here. 

11 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Mot splitting hairs at all - firstly we won't necessarily need 3 W...as has been pointed out - more than once - 2W + 1D may be enough? Secondly - before yesterday we had won 5 on the bounce - why is it now unrealistic to think we could win 3 more?

I'm hoping fervently that we can win the next 3, that way all doubt is ended. However, there's one word that frightens the sh1 out of me and that is INJURIES--we saw how the midfield was less effective without our injured players.  Fingers crossed we have some good news on their recovery.

My boss is a Rovers fan, I was dreading that text after the game. I didn't have to wait long, got a waving emoji message as I walked out of the ground. I didn't bite.

He saw the second half on iFollow and did say if he was a Vale fan he would have been annoyed at how much time was being wasted, and the subs slowly jogging off, at a pace slower than the referee walking.

This does seem like a basic rule that should already be in place but I still cannot understand how they have allowed the same referee to do both fixtures, especially when he's given out 2 reds in the first game.

And I know, it it was the other way around we wouldn't be complaining but looking at some of those challenges back and they should have been dealt with more firmly, they were getting away with too much.

11 hours ago, Hoppers said:

The lad hasn't played for nigh 6 months he is bound to be rusty and is being asked to play slightly out of position. Though that hasn't stopped Edmondson 😁👍. I do wonder if we will try and sign Ryan and kian. They seem to love it here. 

I think Harratt is on a very long contract and rated by Huddersfield. Edmondson has another year but I can see him being a more realistic option. I can't see him troubling the Leeds first-team. Ditto Lewis Cass and the Newcastle first team. Adding that pair in the summer would be a great move in my view but I will leave it up to the Vale "moneyball" experts to decide - they haven't got much wrong so far...

44 minutes ago, robf said:

I think Harratt is on a very long contract and rated by Huddersfield. Edmondson has another year but I can see him being a more realistic option. I can't see him troubling the Leeds first-team. Ditto Lewis Cass and the Newcastle first team. Adding that pair in the summer would be a great move in my view but I will leave it up to the Vale "moneyball" experts to decide - they haven't got much wrong so far...

No doubt a L1 budget would strengthen their hands, but always a case of step by step now the base has been improved.

21 hours ago, Gasmad said:

Poor loser’s I’m afraid,best team won and you were out sung in your library UTG 

You’re not only Gasmad you are clearly Gasdeaf as well. As regards poor losers, read your forum when we beat you down there and you wanted your manager sacked!!

Can I also point out that you need to revise on the use of the apostrophe! 😜

6 hours ago, robf said:

Perhaps a full season-long loan to a Lg1 team (like Vale 🤞)might be available? Huddersfield are in the mix of the Championship play-offs and could be a Prem team next season so they could see it as a best of both worlds - keep a potential young talent on their books but give him experience at a higher level too - at a club they and he seem to respect.

12 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

I'm hoping fervently that we can win the next 3, that way all doubt is ended. However, there's one word that frightens the sh1 out of me and that is INJURIES--we saw how the midfield was less effective without our injured players.  Fingers crossed we have some good news on their recovery.

You're right sadly - injuries are why we haven't already sealed automatic promotion, and are not in the fight to be champions! I'm hoping - like the rest of Vale fans - that we have enough to see us over the line. It's what we deserve for what the Club has gone through, especially over the last couple of decades...and the plus point is the pressure is the same for the other clubs around us! UTV VTID

Archived