onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

Guest Vale at home
41 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

the kind of player you want playing for you rather than against - oooh Andy Porter, oooh Andy Porter 😁

Yes I agree . I do remember Andy porter . Good player for the vale .

Advert

Anyone notice Benning pull up slightly and grab his hamstring when chasing after a ball down the line early in the second half?

Wasnt obvious, but I saw it as it was right in front of me in the Paddock. 

Perhaps another one of a walking wounded at the club...   Hopefully we get players recovered in time for the next match. 

53 minutes ago, manc_vale said:

Anyone notice Benning pull up slightly and grab his hamstring when chasing after a ball down the line early in the second half?

Wasnt obvious, but I saw it as it was right in front of me in the Paddock. 

Perhaps another one of a walking wounded at the club...   Hopefully we get players recovered in time for the next match. 

I noticed that, he was stretching it out, it does make you wonder how many of the lads are carrying knocks, although I suppose that will effect most clubs at this time of the year.

Reading through some of the comments made me smile about the moaning of the Bristol tactics. There are many different ways to win a football match.Bristol certainly have their style of play, with experienced pros who played on the edge and were extremely physical. Yes the ref was weak ( I agree with Darren it was oversight by the EFL/FA to allow him to ref the game) but once we concede 2 poor goals from individual mistakes we gave them the right to slow the game down, waste time and play silly buggers at every opportunity. Having travelled around the country to watch most Vale away games it's exactly what we do! 

On Pett, he did light fitness work during the warm up at Hartlepool so I think if he's not quite ready for Saturday then he should be good to go for Newport and Exeter.

But I also don't get the pessimism. So what we have players missing? We have had key players missing all season. As Smithy said "Next Man Up". If you can't do it then you shouldn't be at the club. There is nothing wrong with the midfield 3 available.  Taylor just coming back and Charsley looks to have ran out of steam and Garrity got kicked out of the game. They just need a rest and reset for Saturday!!!

3 games to go win 3 games and we are UP.

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

Reading through some of the comments made me smile about the moaning of the Bristol tactics. There are many different ways to win a football match.Bristol certainly have their style of play, with experienced pros who played on the edge and were extremely physical. Yes the ref was weak ( I agree with Darren it was oversight by the EFL/FA to allow him to ref the game) but once we concede 2 poor goals from individual mistakes we gave them the right to slow the game down, waste time and play silly buggers at every opportunity. Having travelled around the country to watch most Vale away games it's exactly what we do! 

On Pett, he did light fitness work during the warm up at Hartlepool so I think if he's not quite ready for Saturday then he should be good to go for Newport and Exeter.

I agree completely. It wasn't the manner of the time-wasting itself, I'm sure Stone has been booked this season for it but it seemed the ref wasn't planning on booking Belshaw even If he took twice as long. One of the Rovers' players kicked the ball into the Hamil End when play had already stopped and the fans kept hold of the ball, In the first half he booked Anderson for bouncing the ball on the ground in front of him, just be consistent.

18 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Which isn't the same as "It's not in our hands, now"!

I think we're splitting hairs here.  I've conceded that mathematically it is still in our hands, but only if we win all 3 games--ideal objective, but is that realistic?  That's the real issue!

7 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

I think we're splitting hairs here.  I've conceded that mathematically it is still in our hands, but only if we win all 3 games--ideal objective, but is that realistic?  That's the real issue!

Two wins and a draw. 

I agree completely. It wasn't the manner of the time-wasting itself, I'm sure Stone has been booked this season for it but it seemed the ref wasn't planning on booking Belshaw even If he took twice as long. One of the Rovers' players kicked the ball into the Hamil End when play had already stopped and the fans kept hold of the ball, In the first half he booked Anderson for bouncing the ball on the ground in front of him, just be consistent.
It needed a booking to the keeper, which would have nipped it in the bud. I don't think anyone is denying that every team does it, but when it's done in such blatant disregard for the rules and then only 6 minutes were added on at the end when there should clearly have been at least 10. As others have said, we needed a better choice of referee for this match. Nothing he did had a significant impact on the outcome but it was the things he didn't pick up on, allowing a Barton protege to dictate proceedings. We had a couple of small bits of momentum second half but we weren't allowed to sustain it.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

13 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Its as realistic as our opponents for promotion winning all their remaining matches. Be positive !

They took time wasting to another level do I blame them No you win ugly there third goal was a lovely breakaway goal if your a Rovers fan but we were committing so many forwards it's always likely happen .

Like I say I bet Dan Jones had a sleepless night last night my lady who came with me couldn't believe he missed the target should have made the goalie make a save after that and Benning having a go in a good position which just hit someone knew it wasn't going be our day .

I like DJONES maybe he may get another chance in remaining games I'd like see him bury it next time .

We had a free kick at one nil up from J Taylor was hoping Wilson was going hit and it was powder puff but ultimately what cost us that game was errors from our play 3rd goal great play first and second goals giveaways .

UTV 

4 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

They took time wasting to another level do I blame them No you win ugly there third goal was a lovely breakaway goal if your a Rovers fan but we were committing so many forwards it's always likely happen .

Like I say I bet Dan Jones had a sleepless night last night my lady who came with me couldn't believe he missed the target should have made the goalie make a save after that and Benning having a go in a good position which just hit someone knew it wasn't going be our day .

I like DJONES maybe he may get another chance in remaining games I'd like see him bury it next time .

We had a free kick at one nil up from J Taylor was hoping Wilson was going hit and it was powder puff but ultimately what cost us that game was errors from our play 3rd goal great play first and second goals giveaways .

UTV 

Pretty sure Rovers went up and scored after that poor effort of a free kick too.

It’s all if’s and but’s regarding yesterday’s game, but unfortunately without an holding midfielder against Bristol, it was a tough ask of our three midfielders. I only hope we can find a solution for the last three games (or at worst last six games). I do believe there may well be a few twists elsewhere before the season is finished.

3 hours ago, Hoppers said:

the kind of player you want playing for you rather than against - oooh Andy Porter, oooh Andy Porter 😁

I was too young to remember Andy 😞 The last one of that type I remember against us was Joe Garner, not seen his name for a while thankfully!

Archived