onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

Rob, from my position the Vale players had to retrieve the ball at the Bycars, for the exact reason that you’ve outlined.
I was wondering what happened to the ball boy synonymous for the Mansfield incident as he wasn’t there today. Was he injured or has he left the club by mutual consent 
Easter holidays

Advert

1 hour ago, bycars rob said:

Attendance looked about right to me but we obviously need to get more turnstyles open if we are to continue with crowds like this. i would guess Rovers brought about 2.5 k 

According to something I saw on Reddit they brought 2222 

2 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

We (and particularly Ben) were going down snipper in Row Z style particularly early on and I do think that trying to influence the ref stopped us concentrating on competing in midfield at times. It’s kin of self explanatory tbh. 

Rubbish imho. 

Be interesting to know what the issue was in the Bycars today, I said there should have been more turnstyles open but the problem was that it was taking so long to get the people in and people werent moving forward.  I wonder moving forward next season if better getting turnstyles where you scan your ticket yourself.  

I thought the lads did well today and it took some excellent defending by Bristol to stop us equalising. We have a problem with an unbalanced central midfield without Walker / Pett / Conon. It doesn't have enough defensive mindedness and too much desire to dribble forward when under pressure. But 3 games to go and we are in a very good position. Forget this and move on. 

11 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Be interesting to know what the issue was in the Bycars today, I said there should have been more turnstyles open but the problem was that it was taking so long to get the people in and people werent moving forward.  I wonder moving forward next season if better getting turnstyles where you scan your ticket yourself.  

Are a lot of the turnstiles at Bycars rusted up with lack of use?

Whoever does play, I can’t see Crosby lining up those 3 together on Saturday in the middle. It would be a huge risk to put Hall in there. Pett is just radio silence, which is worrying as he was only supposed to be short term. Too many passengers on the treatment table, and regardless of the outcome of the season this needs to be addressed in the off-season through recruitment and team management. 

Obviously the result and performance was disappointing in terms of quality but it was not due to a lack of  fight/effort from any of our players so will take that. Credit the opposition on this occasion, they did a good job. I do think the ref should have got a grip of the time wasting from their keeper especially but if he was able get away with it then made sense for him to keep doing it.

I think it’d be a good time for Crosby just to tell the players to go away for a couple of days and fully rest up and then get ready to give the yam yams the pasting they’ve got coming on Saturday. Some of our players must be running on empty now.

We brought Jones in and played in midfield today in the second half, I just wonder for Saturday if no Pett or Walker, whether management team tempted to bring Hall into the centre midfield, he's played there a number of times albeit at non league level, a big ask but is comfortable on the ball, makes tackles and possibly an option to have.

47 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

We brought Jones in and played in midfield today in the second half, I just wonder for Saturday if no Pett or Walker, whether management team tempted to bring Hall into the centre midfield, he's played there a number of times albeit at non league level, a big ask but is comfortable on the ball, makes tackles and possibly an option to have.

I was thinking along the same lines, and half expected to see him play there today.  We need to do something to balance the midfield, we were just over run in that area today.  I'm sure that Hall is capable. 

Archived