onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

17 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

We are still in there and everyone else has to chase us. Poor day today with several players looking slow and jaded. However the spirit and excellent work throughout this crazy season should see us get there. After his superb cameo against Hartlepool I was hoping Jake could cement his midfield position but he was outmuscled today. The ball didn't stick with so many of our squad failing to retain possession/ pass to a colleague or indeed keep up with Brizzle's tempo.  Obviously gutted but we have 3 games left and as the saying goes...there are bound to be one or two more upsets amongst the pack.

Spot on for me.

Hope for automatic now. We need Pett. Is Walker out for remainder of season. Taylor will not get us through this but not sure who would if no Pett. Worrall struggling too. Not sure if its injury or just drained of energy now. Lost his pace too. Think we needed his experience to start today with the midfield we had but it didnt work for me.

We would need a boost before we entered the play offs if it goes to them. Gibbons ???

Advert

36 minutes ago, Woot said:

RaceYour mob tried every trick to sway a poor ref. If you concentrated on playing football instead of cheap tricks you may have got a draw. 
you were the same as a lot of sides in this division, long ball. 

we played you off the park. 

Check the league table big mouth.

RaceYour mob tried every trick to sway a poor ref. If you concentrated on playing football instead of cheap tricks you may have got a draw. 

You're either extremely low IQ, or on the wind up.

Don't think I've ever seen a team dive as much as Bristol Rovers in my life.

And the constant time wasting was laughable. There should have been about 15 minutes if injury time!

Your keeper could have been sent off 4 times by a competent ref.

4 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Typical of all football fans that, they were in the bottom 6 back in October so that probably why they wanted him gone, not just him as an individual and agree he is a horrible piece of work who should not be involved in the game.  Look at our own fans, how many people wanted Lee Hughes here as a player and then when he came he was loved.

One of our fans wanted the caretaker manager sacked after 1 defeat at Colchester. Every team has them sort of ‘supporters’ 

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Please explain 

We (and particularly Ben) were going down snipper in Row Z style particularly early on and I do think that trying to influence the ref stopped us concentrating on competing in midfield at times. It’s kin of self explanatory tbh. 

1 minute ago, Valiant62 said:

We (and particularly Ben) were going down snipper in Row Z style particularly early on and I do think that trying to influence the ref stopped us concentrating on competing in midfield at times. It’s kin of self explanatory tbh. 

Absolutely tripe.

All about opinions though. 

Look at the table kid still behind us

Wasn’t a huge deal in the game. Bristol Rovers played some nice stuff at times without creating a huge amount but they took their chances and we didn’t. Some of their tackling and general antics go to demonstrate the nature of sides built in their managers image.

Nice to see a decent following in the Hamil for a change.

3 to go, still in our own hands. Would have taken that in August and given the circumstances of the season it is a minor miracle that such is the case.

Dust ourselves down and go again next weekend.

Stone - 6 - didn’t look super confident to me, maybe nerves, and could have done better with the first.

Martin - 7 - pulled out of position a bit and a few stray passes. Picked up the speed in the second half and really showed passion at times.

Smith - 5 - battled away but got matched for s**thousery and had no answers. Lost possession often

Hall - 6 - nothing too bad, but a quiet game and the lack of long balls meant he couldn’t fight in the air

Worrall - 6 - some ok link-up play but he’s not fully fit. Running as much as he can but some players are clearly not fit.

Benning - 6 - decent in spells, should have taken that one that dropped to him first time

Taylor - 3 - caught for the first, lightweight, slow in possession, not cut through. Though he wouldn’t be in from the start if we had anyone else.

Charlsey - 4 - same ^

Garrity - 5 - one of the many victims of constant late tackles and general violence. No cut through, but with no help what can you do? Put his body on the line again.

Wilson - 6.5 - left to run, which is a disaster as my nan could catch him. Fantastic as part of an attacking group, but no support at times.

Proctor - 8 - top quality first touches, strong, creative, a constant threat even totally alone. Clearly MOTM for me.

All football fans are the same, we only see it one way, no way commented on Bennings's awful dive against Oldham when he didn't get booked, Garrity's 2 footed challenge that should have resulted in a red card in the same game or the penalty that Hartlepool should have got on Monday.  We all see it the same way, refs are awful, the standard is getting worse.

It’s still in our hands, but the big problem is Bristol Rovers were not great shakes and we let them pass it round like vintage Vieira. The midfield 3 were not an auto-promotion central unit, that’s a fact. If they play the remaining games from the start then we’ll struggle to make the playoffs. Without Pett we’re doomed because he puts his foot in and passes the ball forward. He’ll make a massive difference.

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Absolutely tripe.

All about opinions though. 

If anything I thought we were a bit too honest today. The No.15 and that Grant for them were an absolute disgrace. I thought we would have got better at the “dark arts” but I’ve not seen much evidence so far. We need to adopt more of a ‘do whatever it takes’ attitude in these last couple of games because that might just be the extra 1% that takes us up.

3 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

When we were 'promoted' v Northampton didn't they bring 2,500 and the away was only half full? If that end holds 4,500, then it is hard to see 2,250 empty seats in the away end today. On the telly it looked a lot more than 10.8k. Safety certificate aside, with 18,000 seats, I can't see where 8k could have gone.

Maybe it looked emptier in real life I dunno?

The ground was quite full, personally i thought about 13k were there and thought Bristol bought 3k. the front few rows of the hamil were empty as was the side past the netting to the railway paddock. The paddock looked almost full apart from near the bycars but the Railway stand had a number of blocks of empty seats. The bycars looked almost full as was the Lorne street where i sat although strangely when i went to the gents at half time it was easier to walk through the concourse than a normal match attendance. Personally I think somethings wrong with vales systems, I checked myself last night and Lorne Street, Railway Stand and Paddock were all off sale the only seats for purchase being in the Bycars. If it isnt that then theres something wrong with the licencing of the ground that means parts must be kept empty, either way it needs addressing in the close season for us to be able to push forward. For all the talk there was a few years ago of moving us to a new stadium with a 10k capacity today prooves that would of been totally inadaquate but also inadaquate is a stadium with a purported higher capacity that can't be used. If you make it difficult for people to attend then they wont. 

Archived