onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

We are still in there and everyone else has to chase us. Poor day today with several players looking slow and jaded. However the spirit and excellent work throughout this crazy season should see us get there. After his superb cameo against Hartlepool I was hoping Jake could cement his midfield position but he was outmuscled today. The ball didn't stick with so many of our squad failing to retain possession/ pass to a colleague or indeed keep up with Brizzle's tempo.  Obviously gutted but we have 3 games left and as the saying goes...there are bound to be one or two more upsets amongst the pack.

Advert

31 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

That was 9 years ago though.  The feeling we have as fans is that anytime there is a bigger gate over the years, we seem to freeze, it does feel different with this team and I still think we will have a lot of nervy moments but get over the line, but a few of my mates who only go for the bigger games said anytime they are in with a big gate, we don't seem to perform.

“ A few of my mates who only go for the bigger games”. Hmm, says it all. 

To me there's now a lot of psychology involved. Had we been 5th and won to go 2 points clear in 3rd we'd all be bouncing. But we are all on a downer after result.

It's still in our hands so that's all we can ask. Very difficult with our injuries but we can still do it.

Bristol are a much improved team but a horrible niggly bunch seemingly happy with a thug who doesn't deserve to be in football running the show. Strange.  

I thought we were poor today, but I didn't think Rovers were great either.

46 games in a season and it's in OUR hands with just 3 left to play. Absolutely brilliant effort,  considering the likes of Conlon & Gibbo out for huge lengths of the season & no fit striker(s) for long periods aswell.

Enjoy the next 3, let's start by beating Walsall.

21 minutes ago, Woot said:

RaceYour mob tried every trick to sway a poor ref. If you concentrated on playing football instead of cheap tricks you may have got a draw. 
you were the same as a lot of sides in this division, long ball. 

we played you off the park. 

Agree with much of that, not the long ball bit though.

25 minutes ago, Woot said:

RaceYour mob tried every trick to sway a poor ref. If you concentrated on playing football instead of cheap tricks you may have got a draw. 
you were the same as a lot of sides in this division, long ball. 

we played you off the park. 

Get back on your own forum you idiot.

And take your vile git of a manager with you too.

I'm amazed you had only 6 players booked and none sent off

9 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I just want point out that most Bristol rovers fans wanted Joey Barton sacked in October now all of a sudden they love him.at the end of the day is Barton was a nobody like we are them he would be in jail.

With his brother 

Perhaps he can join him after his court case in July for kicking his wife in the head 

Horrible little git

8 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I just want point out that most Bristol rovers fans wanted Joey Barton sacked in October now all of a sudden they love him.at the end of the day is Barton was a nobody like we are them he would be in jail.

Typical of all football fans that, they were in the bottom 6 back in October so that probably why they wanted him gone, not just him as an individual and agree he is a horrible piece of work who should not be involved in the game.  Look at our own fans, how many people wanted Lee Hughes here as a player and then when he came he was loved.

Archived