onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

Really? Totally disagree with that mate. They were average at best today
Watched it on TV, some of their one-touch passing was excellent and they were quite direct running at us.

I thought the best side won today

Advert

Guest Vale at home
1 minute ago, Platty's Tassels said:

They dictated play because we were poor and off our game. They looked nothing special IMHO at all. 

1 minute ago, Osh said:

Watched it on TV, some of their one-touch passing was excellent and they were quite direct running at us.

I thought the best side won today

Yes I do agree . I did think vale did play poor today . 

Guest Vale at home
3 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

They dictated play because we were poor and off our game. They looked nothing special IMHO at all. 

I do agree . Vale did play poor today . 

Easy with hindsight I know, but with the midfield available to us we really needed go 4-5-1 in my opinion.

The game mirrored previous defeats vs Walsall, Rochdale and Swindon (Salford was a fluke) where teams have played quick triangles through the midfield to break the lines.

Worrall had a shocker positionally and was back to his rugby union routine of just scissor-kicking the ball high into the air several times.

If we’d have played the same midfield 3 but with Worrall and Amoo (for Wilson) and Smith at RB I feel we would have had a bit more solidity plus pace to hurt them on the break. Wilson would have had a much needed rest, perhaps a 25 min cameo, ready for Walsall.

People would no doubt say why are we dropping one of our best performing players but the team dynamic wasn’t there and a point would have been a fantastic result even if we’d have bored people to death.

But football is incredibly easy in hindsight.

Lets hope (pray) for a big reaction on Saturday.

13 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

I thought Bristol were excellent myself and had some quality players, this is why we need those 7 points from the last 3 games.  They have been on a run similar to us and it showed, they dictated play and if they miss out on the top 3, I would imagine they would be favourites for the play-offs. 

Likely that Sutton will have a say in the POs.

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Likely that Sutton will have a say in the POs.

Didnt realise if they win the game in hand they go above Bristol Rovers, their 4 remaining games are Barrow, Crawley, Bradford and Harrogate, hardest game likely to be Barrow, they might have ambitions of top 3 yet.

I think Taylor wasn’t match fit, Worrall wasn’t fit and Garrity and Charsley weren’t “at it” enough. Garrity spent more time trying to con the ref than concentrating on his game. Jones’ passing was wayward when he came on as well.

I thought the ref was ok bar a possible sending off for their last man foul on Wilson.  I thought they were a very good passing side on the dayand pretty ruthless in front of goal.

still, onwards and upwards, we need to be up for Walsall and hope Newport have dropped out of the picture by the time we play them. It’s still possible we’re up without needing to beat Exeter but things are very tight up there.

Guest Vale at home
28 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Really? Totally disagree with that mate. They were average at best today

I do agree with you platty tassels . 

Anderson a quality player but overall I didn't think Bristol were amazing. That's not sour grapes either, we've dominated the 2nd half but it's just not fell for us.

Winning runs don't last forever & unfortunately today wasn't our day. You can't make errors like ours for the first & expect not to be punished. 

It's looking more & more likely we'll need something at Exeter on the last day  which isn't great. I can honestly see us slipping into the playoffs. We just seem to be running on empty a little bit & injuries catching up with us, but I hope the lads prove me wrong.

Archived