onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

Didn’t turn up. One team wanted it and they weren’t playing in white. Disappointed in the, at times, blasé attitude from some. We’re so bad at pressing the second ball it’s a nice surprise when we win it. 

Ref and Railway liner were appalling. Surprise surprise. 

Need Pett back. 

Thought we were quite average at times today; had huge hopes of Taylor but he didn't look great today. At times we were just not at the races. 

Thought Proctor and Wilson were superb and the ball Wilson put through to Jones was sublime - if only he'd scored.  Wozzer had a good match until he went off.

My nephew - huge GasHead has already sent me a dozen texts.  Git.

So, for me, its a setback; thats all.  As others have said, lets stay strong and stick together - lets go and take it out on Walsall.  

till hoping to be up for the Newport match and then Exeter away, last game of the season, will be very interesting.

KTF and UTV

14 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Draw was a fair result, we just conceded two really, really poor goals. Stone has to claim the second one for me. Thought Taylor was atrocious, says something that he got brought off for a centre half. Really missed Walked or Pett. Thought Smith also had his worst game of the season. Hopefully we aren’t bottling promotion.

As others have said we were missing a vital ingredient in midfield today, plus we just didnt get the rub of the green - nothing we cant put behind us on Saturday

I felt we lost our spark today despite our early goal.. The team seemed a little flat on energy and we lost the midfield physically.

I would say every player was 5 or 6 today. Effort but not a lot of quality. 

It was always going to happen at some stage , it’s all about our response now.

Still 3rd and very much in our hands but with no margin for error now.

Reset and ready to takeover Walsall

As already been posted, injuries definitely caught up with us and midfield was where the game was lost today, I do worry if Pett and Walker are not back before the end of the season.  Looking at Bristol's 3 games, I can see them winning those so that would need us to get 7 points from Walsall, Newport and Exeter.  It's not going to be easy but can see Newport been out of the play picture by the time we play them.  

One moan though is the organisation for today and the queues to get in the Bycars, 40 minutes to get in, surely after knowing how many tickets had been sold for the match, there could have been a couple of extra turnstyles opened up, luckily about 2.55pm, a steward decided to open the gate and we managed to show him our season ticket and allowed us in.  We have achieved so much under Carol but this will put so many fans off attending if this is what they have to put up with to get in.  This is not people leaving the pub at 2.50pm, hundreds of people have missed 2 goals and were there about 2.20pm trying to get in.

I see the usual bed wetters and hysterical hand wringers are out in force again after a defeat. For the people saying it's not in our hands - have you seen the table? Win 2 and draw 1 and we're up barring a massive turnaround in GD, and that's presuming those who are on 73 points win all of their remaining games. Win all 3 and we can't be caught. The very definition of 'in our own hands'. Get a grip.

Fair play to Rovers today. They played some lovely stuff and were marginally the better footballing side. Clinical as well. Thought Wilson was excellent again today.

Archived