onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

9 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

There will be one spare seat in the Bycars as I’m in Cornwall. Did think of coming back but a) I value my marriage and b) there seems a big shortage of unleaded down here atm.

Tank full of unleaded in exchange for the missus seems a fair trade to me 

Advert

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Hasn't the family stand been condemned? Sure I heard that at the start of the season.

Perfect spot for a big screen when it eventually gets ripped down.

Good point, not seen it used post a Covid. I sat there maybe about 5 years ago? I honestly think given how bad some League 2 grounds are that any area of the ground deserves to be condemned or is not salvageable without a bit of investment. 

If we get to league 1, I can see a 14,400 capacity being inadequate for some fixtures. Derby at home for example? Given the stadium clearly has thousands more seats than that, work to get them all fit for sale must be worthwhile? 

8 hours ago, Osh said:

Don't be.

For sure they're a good side BUT they have their short comings and holes too.

They will not be relishing coming to Vale Park. No on does. We're a hard team to beat.

I bet you Barton is saying go out and express yourself - we can't expect to win this. A point is great. If not let's try and make the play-offs.

They are a good side BUT not as good as Vale.

KTF - DC and AC will have done their homework and know how to play them emoji106.png

7 7 7 away from home 

That really isn't that good 

Like Mansfield and Tranmere,Brizzle have relied on home form to get up there.

Brizzle have beaten Northampton away out of the top teams...that's it.

We have 39 points at home,36 away 

That's why we have ended up in the automatic spots

Last 3 games, Gas have got the imploding FGR at home, then Rochdale and Scunthorpe, so whilst there are no certainties in football, they could very conceivably win all 3 of those, especially if they have their tails up after a good result against us.

As such, it's imperative we don't lose tomorrow, or else they could end up on 82, with us needing 7pts from the last 3 games. Eek.

Draw tomorrow would do, then probably 4 points left to get, assuming one or more of Gas, Northampton and Mansfield will end up on 80 (all very feasible given remaining games). Win tomorrow, we've one foot in L1.

Wish I could be there amongst the Vale multitude, but pre-arranged Easter weekend in London with the family, so will be a case of shredded nerves from afar and frantically refreshing live text.

Will be there on Monday 2nd tho, hopefully for the promotion party. UTV.

Reet.....off bed now as it's 11.10 here in France. Not sure how much kip I'll get as I mull over tomorrow's possibilities but at least when I wake up it's GAME DAY, BABY!

Deep breathing exercises tomorrow because having already won at thir place I'm superstitious enough to think we won't win....a draw will be the best possibility.......why, oh why do I torture myself like this.

Conner wait hear that roar on ifollow as we get going...COME ON VALE!!!

E I E I E I O.........

If we have anything like the side we put out on Friday with Worrall/Gibbo in for Edmundson and a replacement for Walker then I really don't fear them.  They may have improved since we beat them with no strikers at their place earlier in the season but then so have we.

We had no Hall, Benning, Proctor or Wilson, Martin wasn't as established as he is today, Stone the same, Smith is playing as well as he has all season.  Just hope that Ben isn't suffering after taking a knock too that looked pretty bad by his reaction on Friday.

I appreciate that there is the additional pressure but if we can deal with that then I've every faith that we can beat them.  If I'm honest I was more nervous before the game on Friday, I was up at 2.30 as I couldn't sleep even with a couple of glasses of red.  Nowt tonight and I'm feeling fine.  UTV.

Archived