onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

14 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Sounds like your missus is completely unreasonable emoji6.png

TBF she’s been very good about coming back early from a family holiday so I can make the Newport game. 

Just hope she is still as good about it when she realises it’s a 3pm K/O rather than 7.45pm….

🫣🫣

Advert

3 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

I am expecting them to be the best team we have seen this season....

I think at the moment they are arguably the most difficult fixture in the division that we could have got. 

Let’s hope we can send a large travelling contingent home unhappy.

I know two season ticket holders who can't be there tomorrow. One is working in a hospital. The other looked at the logistics and it can't be done. 
I'm a STH, too, and (because I'm on crutches/can't drive for 2 months) I won't be there too.

I'll be watching on TV and screaming my support.

KTF and UTV

I am expecting them to be the best team we have seen this season....
Don't be.

For sure they're a good side BUT they have their short comings and holes too.

They will not be relishing coming to Vale Park. No on does. We're a hard team to beat.

I bet you Barton is saying go out and express yourself - we can't expect to win this. A point is great. If not let's try and make the play-offs.

They are a good side BUT not as good as Vale.

KTF - DC and AC will have done their homework and know how to play them

2 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

The game has been assigned to the same ref that sent off two Rovers players in the reverse. Find that very unusual and a little bit concerning as I’m sure Barton will be on his case from the first whistle.

I think this is a problem for us. Both reds were very justified but as you say rovers will be aggrieved and appealing stuff from the off. Even though the ref should start the game with a clean slate, it's hard to avoid the subconcious desire to even things out a bit with marginal calls if we get ahead in the game.

4 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

I think this is a problem for us. Both reds were very justified but as you say rovers will be aggrieved and appealing stuff from the off. Even though the ref should start the game with a clean slate, it's hard to avoid the subconcious desire to even things out a bit with marginal calls if we get ahead in the game.

Barton in 1 ear & 10,000 Vale fans in the other. 

Come on boys.

5 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

On a serious note, the official capacity also includes the Family Stand, which is about 1,600 as I recall and that will definitely not be used. So it’s probably more like 18,000 and so if you knock 20% off that, which I think is was the figure mentioned because of our safety certificate, then c.14,500 is about right.

Sounds about right, the football grounds website has the capacity at above 19,000 but as you say the old family stand hasn’t been used for a while.

3 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

I think at the moment they are arguably the most difficult fixture in the division that we could have got. 

Let’s hope we can send a large travelling contingent home unhappy.

For us I would agree they would be but would just add conversely right now we are the last team anyone wants to play so same applies to them the other way round. Going to be a great occasion and can’t wait for it.

6 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Online sales for paddock stopped now as well

There was only about 100/200 tickets left in the Paddock when I checked earlier on today. Hopefully this gets Bycars looking healthy now it’s the only stand with tickets available for supporters to buy.

Should be a great game, 10,000 plus crowd, brilliant weather and we’re 3rd in the league with the second best form of any club in the country. What more could we ask for? 

UTV

Archived