onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

Incidentally FTP9 I would love it to be the case that greyed out is ST or sold, but I can't see that the bottom two blocks of Bycars adjacent to Lorne Street are as good as full unless the club have given out freebies to local schools. Which wouldn't surprise me.

It was noticeable how the increased occupancy of the Bycars lately has acted as a vocal link bringing the Lorne Street and Paddock to sing in unison.

Roll on Monday.

10 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Incidentally FTP9 I would love it to be the case that greyed out is ST or sold, but I can't see that the bottom two blocks of Bycars adjacent to Lorne Street are as good as full unless the club have given out freebies to local schools. Which wouldn't surprise me.

It was noticeable how the increased occupancy of the Bycars lately has acted as a vocal link bringing the Lorne Street and Paddock to sing in unison.

Roll on Monday.

Either way mate, should be a 10,000 plus crowd and I can't wait for it. Should be a cracking game.

I missed the Oldham game but I was in the Railway during the Sutton match. I thought the atmosphere was much improved and for the first 20 minutes, the noise was incredible. I don't know if it was like that for the rest of the ground but it surely made a difference. Also, as you say, the Bycars has been noticeably fuller which is nice to see.

UTV

29 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Roll on Monday.

Those two blocks are the family area since the family stand closed...

Pett on the bench would be useful, as Charsley, Garrity and Taylor as a 3 is light and Taylor is slowly coming back. I take it Walker will be out, which is the basis for my concern and planning therein.

15 minutes ago, Doha said:

During 2021 Covid restrictions will have applied, no?

After installation of the last 1500 seats into LS, the current actual capacity is reported to be 20,552.

That is the number of seats, none of the additional seats meet sports stadium safety standards .

8 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Years ago it was reckoned that once the Lorne Street was completed we’d have over 22,000. The 14k Wolves fixture a few years back saw the stadium feel pretty full, but there was plenty of room in the Bycars. Is the family stand even open these days? 

It wasn`t long ago that our ground was thought too big, surely progress that now its capacity is in question.  I would think if needed on a regular basis 20,000 could be achieved. Having an away end with 4,500 capacity is an asset to achieving large crowds,  since attracting 10,000 home fans on a regular basis has not been achieved since the 60s. Would be great to return to those days.

If the Newport game is the decider for promotion and it looks set to sell out (to whatever the safety certificate covers) I wonder if we could get permission from the police to have a proportion of the Hamil for home fans if they only bring their usual 3-400?

Assume we’d have to install a barrier inside the concourse which would be the issue maybe?

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Years ago it was reckoned that once the Lorne Street was completed we’d have over 22,000

When the Lorne Street was open terracing in the mid 90s the stadium capacity was 23,000. There's no way a finished all-seated Lorne Street would have got us anywhere near 22K.

6 hours ago, chickensteve said:

this is clearly a Vale ticketing issue. I bought a half season ticket in December for lorne Street and only had a choice of a handful of seats but where I sit the next 9 seats to me are always empty but only one has a season ticket sticker on it. even when they said it was sold out last time the same 9 seats were empty. there's something amiss. 

Wonder if they save some seats in case they need them unexpectedly for whatever reason?

Two blocks of paddock sold out I think there's 5 altogether  so the crowds get larger by the minute which is great,nobody really cares where the extra are coming from.(I don't anyway think it's great we are not a big club so the only thing the die hard stokies have left to throw at us because we are not renowned for big gates cause there supporting  folk are too busy watching that overpaid bunch of prima Donna's who continue to achieve diddly squat yet should be higher in there league on what resources they have compared to others ).

So back to our game here's my team for Monday. 

Stone 

Smith Martin Hall 

Worrall                Benning 

Pett Charsley 

Garrity 

Wilson Proctor 

Subs Holy Jones Hussey Amoo Harratt Edmondson Gibbons Taylor 

If Worralls still injured is Gibbons ready 45 mins of him full pelt v BR with a massive crowd behind him he his a special talent I wouldn't be surprised see him score or set a goal or 2 up if given the nod .

Edmondson there not for me even though he put the ball on a plate for Proctor last home game prefer see him up front with JP if JW is not at it which surely he will be at it that is ..

BR will ask questions for sure defensively we have to be I'd say as solid as we were second half v HPool (we always look a better side when we pass it on the floor and move up the pitch another ten yards).

Is T Pett ready love Jake Taylor but can he be our ball winner or do we move the ever magnificent I'll never stop competing and putting a enormous shift in Ben Garrity back in the Walker role T Pett role I personally want Ben bombing on as i believe he will score the only goal of the game .

So bring it on pump it up the Vale are going up .

UTV 

Archived