onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

13 minutes ago, Doha said:

Who's responsible for all the safety certficate restrictions enforced on us in recent years? SOT Council?

The fire exits, gangways etc were designed and are maintained to the respective standards. It will be fully compliant with the Taylor report. The Lorne Street will have been built to modern British Standards regs. Subject to a sufficient number of stewards, I don't quite understand why the capacity would be restricted to less than the max, if I'm honest. Ignoring the not yet built LS east side concourse restricting that block of seats for now.

The local council calculate or approve the calculations based on the current government guidelines.  Exit times are probably stricter nowadays due to the need to cope with bomb alerts. The guidelines are available online with a bit of a search.

Advert

54 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Proof of pudding is tomorrow I'm sure it said Lorne Street sold out v Oldham and it clearly wasn't. 

5 figure crowd surely, good weather, takes me back to 1989. Same result please .

Lorne St has alot of season ticket holders I suppose some were ill or on holiday.

10 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

I’ve got to be honest, I think we’ll have a lot of work to do getting the ground ready for Champions League football by 2025/6.

One step at a time, the Championship will be a big enough leap.

11 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The local council calculate or approve the calculations based on the current government guidelines.  Exit times are probably stricter nowadays due to the need to cope with bomb alerts. The guidelines are available online with a bit of a search.

Anyone interested in the Ground Capacity calculations, and time on their hands

Worked Example A: Football/rugby (sgsa.org.uk)

17 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Huge game this and a win here and one foot in league one you would think.

If we beat Rovers there all but out of the race to catch us, with Mansfield who don’t travel well heading to Carlisle it could be pivotal. A win at all costs could be massive.

Need to hope Worrall or Gibbons is fit to start to tame their danger man Anderson as playing Edmundson against someone like that wouldn’t be ideal.

If we draw and Mansfield fail to win that would be equally acceptable as it would still leave us with the ability to lose one of the last three and still go up, although on form I’d expect two wins from four to see us over the line, especially with GD.

As it stands we could do that anyway - only Mansfield below us can get 84 points but we have a much better GD

It looks like a bumper crowd on Saturday. I'm sure Andy Crosby will have the team focused and ready.

Like most fans I'm sure we will be looking at the fixtures but all the team can do is win each game and then look at the other results.

The squad looks out for each other,whoever comes in does their bit(Benning,Hussey, Edmonson, Taylor)

We know the players and backroom staff are doing all they can,all the fans can play their part too.

Out of the blocks quickly and hopefully another 3 points 

One game at a time

Just now, DazFred said:

It looks like a bumper crowd on Saturday. I'm sure Andy Crosby will have the team focused and ready.

Like most fans I'm sure we will be looking at the fixtures but all the team can do is win each game and then look at the other results.

The squad looks out for each other,whoever comes in does their bit(Benning,Hussey, Edmonson, Taylor)

We know the players and backroom staff are doing all they can,all the fans can play their part too.

Out of the blocks quickly and hopefully another 3 points 

One game at a time

Saturday?

Try Monday instead!!

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Proof of pudding is tomorrow I'm sure it said Lorne Street sold out v Oldham and it clearly wasn't. 

5 figure crowd surely, good weather, takes me back to 1989. Same result please .

this is clearly a Vale ticketing issue. I bought a half season ticket in December for lorne Street and only had a choice of a handful of seats but where I sit the next 9 seats to me are always empty but only one has a season ticket sticker on it. even when they said it was sold out last time the same 9 seats were empty. there's something amiss. 

12 minutes ago, chickensteve said:

this is clearly a Vale ticketing issue. I bought a half season ticket in December for lorne Street and only had a choice of a handful of seats but where I sit the next 9 seats to me are always empty but only one has a season ticket sticker on it. even when they said it was sold out last time the same 9 seats were empty. there's something amiss. 

Safety limit?

I am reasonably confident there will be spare seats in the Railway Stand. Whether it's more of a toilets/turnstile issue, I don't know.

We're going to have the standard 'you need to get there 3 hours early if you don't want to miss kickoff' debate again. Lumping on the live savings that the tickets scanners 'go down'.

I don’t get why stands can’t be filled to capacity, surely when assessing a stand for a safety certificate they take in things like gangways, exits, toilets etc before declaring, say, a 4000 capacity for a stand.

but then to only allow 3500 In doesn’t make sense to me.

Great post from Carol after the game yesterday.

I love what she says in the comments… summarises the point I have been making all season.

When someone mentions the P word, Carol say the P word is progression.

Whatever happens from here on in… this club is in the best place it’s been for years… and everyone should be proud to be Vale.

Now let’s go and finish the job!

Stick Together, Stay Strong, Believe

1080A52C-E39F-4438-9E75-B11D584C777C.jpeg

014CE4BA-A882-450A-B7CF-5D01D5CC9F2D.jpeg

Archived