onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hartlepool/Walsall - general sale tickets tomorrow

Doha

22 hours ago, Joe B said:

Good luck to them and all, but I keep laughing at the notion of camping out on the Vale car park to get tickets, or being in your 70s and setting a 4am alarm to head down. This is unhinged. 

There's lads who turned up at 7am and didn't get tickets. 2 hours of waiting for the office to open, sent home ticketless. It's barbaric. Like something out of the Victorian slums. Instant coffee passed around and leftover scarves given out, which the supporters can wear as they listen to the game on their radio.

Folk saying 'clap clap, loyal fans, massive we are' and lots of performative 'I'm a better fan than you, I was there at 5:40am, you should have woken up at 3:30 like the rest of us' going on. It's absolute insanity. Camping out at the Vale! It needs to be recognised as an absolute disaster, and not normalised and celebrated. 

Just a really funny morning, if slightly infuriating. We all love Vale but this is League 2 football and a lad has slept in his car overnight, as fans engage in oneupmanship over who got to Vale earliest and never questioning if the system is a tad broken.

Goodness gracious me.

Laughing? 
First post in how long and look at it 

It is a old dated system and Rory’s idea is great and would prob encourage u to go away games more but Christ give the club chance it’s not there fault we are in this tin pot league with piss poor away ends 

Advert

35 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

They have various membership schemes. So you dont agree that STs who say travel to 10, 15 matches a season should not have priority? They may not contribute money but they bring back points by lifting the players.

In the perfect world everyone should be able to get a ticket.There are obviously clubs where some fans go to every game.This season Vale have less than 300.So would you start with those 300 who may also have a ST? Then maybe go to the next lot,say,who have been to 15 away games and have a ST?etc..

I was at Brighton in the 90s what a great day that was and fortunately the away end was massive 

This year I ain’t been a away game so I’ve made no effort to try and get one for the last few games hopefully the lads and ladies who have been everywhere have there tickets for Exeter 

1 minute ago, Packmoor_vale said:

I was at Brighton in the 90s what a great day that was and fortunately the away end was massive 

This year I ain’t been a away game so I’ve made no effort to try and get one for the last few games hopefully the lads and ladies who have been everywhere have there tickets for Exeter 

TBH the only game I looked at when the fixtures came out was Walsall away. It's near and there's usually a decent following and a decent game.

I knew there was no chance of getting one so I hope those that got tickets for the remaining away games get behind the team,make lots of noise and cheer us on to 3 points.

Starting with today!

One game at a time....

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

In the perfect world everyone should be able to get a ticket.There are obviously clubs where some fans go to every game.This season Vale have less than 300.So would you start with those 300 who may also have a ST? Then maybe go to the next lot,say,who have been to 15 away games and have a ST?etc..

At Newcastle, everyone who buys a season ticket, a membership or even a matchday ticket has to register on their database and is given a supporter number. Every away ticket you purchase gives you a point on your record. The club therefore has a record of how many away games you attend. When a ticket allocation for an away game is announced the sale is initially for ST holders with, for example, 100 points. This then gradually falls until they end up on general sale, except they never do!  To get into a game like Man U away, you will need over 100 points. To get into Crystal Palace away on a Tuesday night just before Christmas it might get down to 0 points.

Also, if you attend with friends or family you can link your supporter numbers together so when you buy tickets you get them together.

it’s not perfect but it’s worth looking at. I doubt any system is perfect. 

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

At Newcastle, everyone who buys a season ticket, a membership or even a matchday ticket has to register on their database and is given a membership number. Every away ticket you purchase gives you a point on your record. The club therefore has a record of how many away games you attend. When a ticket allocation for an away game is announced the sale is initially for ST holders with, for example, 100 points. This then gradually falls until they end up on general sale, except they never do!  To get into a game like Man U away, you will need over 100 points. To get into Crystal Palace away on a Tuesday night just before Christmas it might get down to 0 points.

Also, if you attend with friends or family you can link your supporter numbers together so when you buy tickets you get them together.

it’s not perfect but it’s worth looking at. I doubt any system is perfect. 

Do you pay extra for the membership,Jean?

1 hour ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Laughing? 
First post in how long and look at it 

It is a old dated system and Rory’s idea is great and would prob encourage u to go away games more but Christ give the club chance it’s not there fault we are in this tin pot league with piss poor away ends 

Laughing at the sheer state at it and the manner in which some fans think camping out at Vale Park is normal. It's barmy. Feel sorry for the fellas in question.

I've advocated for a loyalty scheme for years, but we've have talked about it since January 2020:

We've all given the club a chance. Everything else is great but this is a consistent failing. Every other club in this tinpot league manages, and this problem won't go away in League 1 with Fleetwood, Burton, Accrington, Morecambe, Shrewsbury etc.)

Really? Why? Are they member of a secret society?
What's with the covert divvying out of in-demand tickets? If box-holders and coach travellers get preferential treatment, then at least be transparent and tweet out the actual number of tickets for the average fan.
The surreptitious, wink wink "I'll sort you out mate" way this seems to have been handled is something I thought we'd left behind. It's very poor to announce '1100 tickets' were for sale, only to quietly ensure certain fans are sorted before the masses can even attempt to get one, and not have the balls to tell people as the queue wound up Hamil Road and it was obvious that many were wasting their time.
If the club is going to ensure certain fans get to away games, at least tell the poor folks who booked off work and stood outside for three hours, queuing for non-existent tickets that had long been reserved for Box 32 and Coach D.
Really uncomfortable with all this.

It's not even that they didn't have the balls to tell people they were queuing for nothing, the vale social media actually revelled in it.
They see the queues as a sign of great support.
I see them as only a FAILURE of the whole ticketing set up.

It has to be sorted out ASAP.

Just now, Walter said:

It's not even that they didn't have the balls to tell people they were queuing for nothing, the vale social media actually revelled in it.

"'Won't be on sale for long!", I didn't clock how bad this look in retrospect. 

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

In principle yes, the actual levels would have to be determined by the club based on tickets available and away games attended to qualify. Maybe 10 games minimum. I think Bradford City have a similar scheme. I grew up in a perfect world without tickets, in the 60s if Vale were not playing we travelled to ManU and if early enough got in, but after a couple of lock-outs gave up.

In principle yes, the actual levels would have to be determined by the club based on tickets available and away games attended to qualify. Maybe 10 games minimum. I think Bradford City have a similar scheme. I grew up in a perfect world without tickets, in the 60s if Vale were not playing we travelled to ManU and if early enough got in, but after a couple of lock-outs gave up.

Stratford End by 1.30pm or forget it.

Archived