Hartlepool/Walsall - general sale tickets tomorrow

Doha

10 hours ago, Santa said:

Of course people will be disappointed but it’s a lot easier to swallow if either a points based system rewards fans who go home and way, or alternatively every season ticket holder who wants one has a fair crack at getting one, such as in a ballot scenario.

Why don’t we mix it up for one game and instead of selling the tickets out of the Vale ticket office, we set up a hut somewhere in the countryside. Vale could tweet out a series of cryptic clues overnight and those who solve them first and find the ticket office’s location would be first in the queue at 9.05am when it opens.

It would add an extra level of excitement and challenge for those people already used to booking time off from work to stand outside and queue, and a change of scenery for those who are used to bringing along their bivouacs and camping chairs anyway.

Or why don’t we let the matrix decide the order in which tickets are made available?  Feed in each fan’s attendance stats, miles travelled, spend in the club shop, number of pies & bovrils purchased etc.  and pull the lever.  Once selected and tickets purchased, post match we can then debate each fan’s performance on here and decide if they’re worthy of selection to get a ticket next time around. 😜

• Haha 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Even in League 1, around half of teams all around 1500 or just below including Accrington, Burton, Wimbledon, Morecambe, Cheltenham, Fleetwood, Oxford, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Cambridge.  We need to get something in place and not remaining back in the 1990's. I am lucky enough to have got the tickets as brought mine a couple of weeks but feel for those who have not missed a game all season and can't go.  Surely people who don't miss a game like yourself should have priority for these games, really hope we win the next 4 games and can celebrate at Vale on Bank Holiday Monday.

It's all related to how the team does on the pitch .

Let's just pluck a figure and say we were 15th in League one. We'd only take 1500 to Burton and Shrews.The rest would be anything from 300 to 700 .

Basically success lures people out or a relegation cruncher also has the same effect. 

This season has been very unfortunate, Sutton, Harrogate, Barrow, Hartlepool, Exeter all pathetic allocations. 

I really don't know the answer and don't think Vale do either. 

I'm lucky to get a ticket for the last 3 aways . But what exactly is a ' fair ' system?

I'm no more deserving because I got soaked to the skin at Bristol Rovers than someone who only been 3 or 4. 

Also personally I've no issue with someone getting 8 tickets ( all season ticket holders obviously) because at the end of the day people work. I do shifts, one week I could queue the other week its impossible. I gave my season ticket to a friend who got me an Exeter ticket. Have I really done anything wrong? Can't expect workplaces to allow 500 plus people a couple of hours off to queue for tickets. If you have to turn up in person that puts retired people and those who don't work in pole position. 

So many facets for Vale to consider. 

As I said I've only missed 3 out of 41. But that's because I've been able to afford to go and I work Monday to Friday . Does it make me better than someone who's been every home game and only a couple away , I don't think it does myself. 

What the answer is rests with the club, but as I say it's all relative to success which happens once a decade if we are lucky. 

Edited by darren1810
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Find criticism of the club re the Exeter tickets laughable. Genuinely, what were people expecting? 5000 season ticket holders into just over 1000 available tickets doesn't go does it. Get a grip.
Those who got tickets, enjoy the day. Those who didn't, suck it up. Never seen so many mard arses in my life. 
And I'm also interested... this system ppl are begging for. What does it look like, how does it work? How is it fairer? Just because somebody didn't travel to Carlisle on a Tuesday night, doesn't mean they're not deserving of a ticket to the final game of the season.
I don't have an Exeter ticket by the way, and I'm okay with that. Hoping the boys can bring it home a week earlier infront of a packed out Vale Park!

Unfortunately it is exactly what I was expecting. A few years ago I expected us to treat our players, creditors, staff and fans very badly. That has mostly changed apart from purchasing tickets.

2 and a half years ago we had a similar fiasco when we were playing man city. Since then we have had over a year when we couldn't sell any tickets yet nothing has been done or considered.

There was a whole season when we had a ticket office manager who was employer with no tickets to sell. There must be 180 days a year where the ticket office manager has nothing to do.

Could they implement a telephone queuing system and have 1 person doing telephone sales whilst 4 serve at the counter?
Could they develop a raffle system? Could they develop a royalty system?
Could they look at a queue at 8am and tell the 2/3rds that there aren't enough tickets for that they are unlikely to be enough?
Could they work on a system where rather than have 5 people work their backsides off for an hour and a half twice a year, one or 2 peolple spread that work over a week by email, phone and in person?

I don't get to go to many away games anymore as I have a young family and can't justify the time and money it costs for an extra 20 games or so a season. Living out of the area when I do I find it so difficult to get tickets even if you do get through on the phone, taking time out of the working day, you have to collect before a game as they are rarely open after. Could they open one evening a week?

I probably shouldn't have had the opportunity to take annual leave from work and go and stand outside the ticket office for 3 and a half hours not to get a ticket. Even if I had got a ticket I would have been frustrated at wasting so long needlessly standing in a queue. Its 2022.

There is no easy solution but it would be nice to see the club try something even if it doesn't work out. Its like being 2-0 down after 60 minutes, not looking like scoring and not making any subs. When we do implement a system I'm sure it will be manipulated or circumvented by people but at least there will be an attempt to make it fair.

I don't begrudge anyone getting a ticket and I am happy for them. I am also very happy generally with how things are going for the club and delighted with the progress on the pitch. It is only when you speak to fans of other clubs or use their ticket systems at all levels in the pyramid that you realise how farcical and shambolic our ticket system is.

Anyway utv at least we can pretend to be abroad and watch at home.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Frank Mustard said:

Add to that the 50 to 60 odd put to one side every match for the official coach travellers. As for the beam back, how I’m feeling tonight the club can shove it up its arse.

Really? Why? Are they member of a secret society?

What's with the covert divvying out of in-demand tickets? If box-holders and coach travellers get preferential treatment, then at least be transparent and tweet out the actual number of tickets for the average fan.

The surreptitious, wink wink "I'll sort you out mate" way this seems to have been handled is something I thought we'd left behind. It's very poor to announce '1100 tickets' were for sale, only to quietly ensure certain fans are sorted before the masses can even attempt to get one, and not have the balls to tell people as the queue wound up Hamil Road and it was obvious that many were wasting their time.

If the club is going to ensure certain fans get to away games, at least tell the poor folks who booked off work and stood outside for three hours, queuing for non-existent tickets that had long been reserved for Box 32 and Coach D.

Really uncomfortable with all this.

Edited by Joe B
  • Thanks 1

From the way the tickets were reserved for some fans before general release, it would seem our complaints are misguided.

We already have a loyalty scheme that ensures away ticket priority, just a lot of us aren't allowed to join.

Advert:

All successful clubs have the situation where they have more STs than away ticket allocations, as we enter that category we need a proper ticketing system that gives priorities based on previous purchases whether it be home or away tickets. I hope that this is in the pipeline, but it can never please everyone, just make the system a bit fairer and open.

54 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Unfortunately it is exactly what I was expecting. A few years ago I expected us to treat our players, creditors, staff and fans very badly. That has mostly changed apart from purchasing tickets.

2 and a half years ago we had a similar fiasco when we were playing man city. Since then we have had over a year when we couldn't sell any tickets yet nothing has been done or considered.

There was a whole season when we had a ticket office manager who was employer with no tickets to sell. There must be 180 days a year where the ticket office manager has nothing to do.

Could they implement a telephone queuing system and have 1 person doing telephone sales whilst 4 serve at the counter?
Could they develop a raffle system? Could they develop a royalty system?
Could they look at a queue at 8am and tell the 2/3rds that there aren't enough tickets for that they are unlikely to be enough?
Could they work on a system where rather than have 5 people work their backsides off for an hour and a half twice a year, one or 2 peolple spread that work over a week by email, phone and in person?

I don't get to go to many away games anymore as I have a young family and can't justify the time and money it costs for an extra 20 games or so a season. Living out of the area when I do I find it so difficult to get tickets even if you do get through on the phone, taking time out of the working day, you have to collect before a game as they are rarely open after. Could they open one evening a week?

I probably shouldn't have had the opportunity to take annual leave from work and go and stand outside the ticket office for 3 and a half hours not to get a ticket. Even if I had got a ticket I would have been frustrated at wasting so long needlessly standing in a queue. Its 2022.

There is no easy solution but it would be nice to see the club try something even if it doesn't work out. Its like being 2-0 down after 60 minutes, not looking like scoring and not making any subs. When we do implement a system I'm sure it will be manipulated or circumvented by people but at least there will be an attempt to make it fair.

I don't begrudge anyone getting a ticket and I am happy for them. I am also very happy generally with how things are going for the club and delighted with the progress on the pitch. It is only when you speak to fans of other clubs or use their ticket systems at all levels in the pyramid that you realise how farcical and shambolic our ticket system is.

Anyway utv at least we can pretend to be abroad and watch at home.

what makes this even more unbelievable is that the parent company, synectics, is actually an I T company.

Considering the smallish amount of  1100 for Exeter, how many people actually thought they would be guaranteed a ticket?Every time there’s a big game the same old moaning comes out.Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the club.They should always get first pick.4000 ST holders can’t  get a ticket.Tough! I would have loved to have gone but won’t be.I’ll put something in place so I can watch the game.I suggest others do the same.As for queuing,I think people who turned up should have been separated into blocks of 20.At least those at the back could be told ‘sorry,sold out’.Ive seen the word’ loyalty’ used quite a bit.Who should that apply to?Someone who has been going to the Vale for 50years or someone who has gone to the vast majority of games when we are having a good season.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Really? Why? Are they member of a secret society?

What's with the covert divvying out of in-demand tickets? If box-holders and coach travellers get preferential treatment, then at least be transparent and tweet out the actual number of tickets for the average fan.

The surreptitious, wink wink "I'll sort you out mate" way this seems to have been handled is something I thought we'd left behind. It's very poor to announce '1100 tickets' were for sale, only to quietly ensure certain fans are sorted before the masses can even attempt to get one, and not have the balls to tell people as the queue wound up Hamil Road and it was obvious that many were wasting their time.

If the club is going to ensure certain fans get to away games, at least tell the poor folks who booked off work and stood outside for three hours, queuing for non-existent tickets that had long been reserved for Box 32 and Coach D.

Really uncomfortable with all this.

Joe,I would suggest that you should  need a match ticket to get on an official coach.I remember going to Arsenal and had to pay to go on an ‘executive ‘ trip.That included a match ticket and stop for a meal pre match.The other tickets were sold out.Not sure if the privately run trips  let supporters on the coach/es without match tickets.

Totally agree with box holders and season ticket holders getting first pick. What I disagree is the way the ticket office operates. Clearer announcements are needed and messages on the phone line saying the phone won’t be answered. This will save people taking time off to queue for none existent tickets and people like myself phoning over 50 times to never ever going to get anyone. 
so many things have improved at the Vale in the last couple of years but our ticketing system and the way it is handled is no better than the Bill Bell days.

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Joe,I would suggest that you should  need a match ticket to get on an official coach.I remember going to Arsenal and had to pay to go on an ‘executive ‘ trip.That included a match ticket and stop for a meal pre match.The other tickets were sold out.Not sure if the privately run trips  let supporters on the coach/es without match tickets.

Tried buying hospitality in the Exeter end but you have to buy a ticket before paying extra for the hospitality.

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

Totally agree with box holders and season ticket holders getting first pick. What I disagree is the way the ticket office operates. Clearer announcements are needed and messages on the phone line saying the phone won’t be answered. This will save people taking time off to queue for none existent tickets and people like myself phoning over 50 times to never ever going to get anyone. 
so many things have improved at the Vale in the last couple of years but our ticketing system and the way it is handled is no better than the Bill Bell days.

Phil,I went to the ticket office on Wednesday morning to collect a Bristol R ticket for my daughter.I walked straight to the window and got the ticket within 30secs.I also wanted to renew my ST using the 3 month instalment plan.I was told that I had to do it online or come back the following Tuesday.They gave me a sheet with instructions how to do it.There were 3 people behind the counter and only me in the T.O.It was about 9.30 am.There would have been no reason that someone couldn’t answer the phone at that time.I was there approx 5 mins.I’m not saying the phone wasn’t working in the office but I never heard it ring once.If people are phoning for tickets and nobody can answer a message should be put on,’you are in a queue’or ‘we are extremely busy,phone later’.Every buggar else does that.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Considering the smallish amount of  1100 for Exeter, how many people actually thought they would be guaranteed a ticket?Every time there’s a big game the same old moaning comes out.Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the club.They should always get first pick.4000 ST holders can’t  get a ticket.Tough! I would have loved to have gone but won’t be.I’ll put something in place so I can watch the game.I suggest others do the same.As for queuing,I think people who turned up should have been separated into blocks of 20.At least those at the back could be told ‘sorry,sold out’.Ive seen the word’ loyalty’ used quite a bit.Who should that apply to?Someone who has been going to the Vale for 50years or someone who has gone to the vast majority of games when we are having a good season.

I have been attending Vale games since 1975, season ticket holder for 15 years. Whole family attend, former V2001 shareholder, had various memberships, etc. Am I loyal or is the guy who has been every away game this season?  Personally it's hard to satisfy everyone. There are always 'Glory Hunters',  'Part-Time' supporters, that's life. How many went away in Smurthwaite's era. I remember a fantastic 0-0 at Notts County, if we lost we could well have been relegated out of the league.

How many helped bail the club out financially, how many organised or marched on demo's. How many 'Glory Hunters' would have been bothered if we had gone out of business - Not Many is my guess

Positives are that there is more money coming into the club, Carol and Kevin need the help, the atmosphere is great, the team , staff and supporters are as one.

It annoys me when people say or may say 'were you at Exeter'. No I couldn't get a ticket, were you there when we faced administration and expulsion from the league? would be a response. It's how it is, probably the same everywhere. Take the positives and hope we get promoted before Exeter!

Edited by pete vale
grammar
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

For loyalty I think Leicester use the previous 3 seasons away games, but it can become a closed shop since it is difficult to get on the band wagon. After that the STs are split into ground sections, and take different turns for each game. But as usual some games are more popular than others and the system changes. Not a massive problem since most games are shown on TV etc.

26 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Tried buying hospitality in the Exeter end but you have to buy a ticket before paying extra for the hospitality.

I will be with the homers at Walsall.Thats by choice as I will be going with a Walsall mate.The hospitality suite has been sold out for a while.

Advert:

17 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

For loyalty I think Leicester use the previous 3 seasons away games, but it can become a closed shop since it is difficult to get on the band wagon. After that the STs are split into ground sections, and take different turns for each game. But as usual some games are more popular than others and the system changes. Not a massive problem since most games are shown on TV etc.

Do Leicester fans have an away card ,which is chargeable,as do various clubs.Would  Vale fans be happy to pay for the privilege to travel away.I remember, years ago ,Man Utd had a Programme Voucher scheme.Buy a programme,cut out the voucher.A certain amount of vouchers gave you the ability to buy a ticket.Now there is a waiting list for STs and Away Travel Cards at OT.No real answer to ticket allocation except the one we have already.ST holders,first come first served.

How about:

If you want a ticket, apply. (Decide if single tickets only, or perhaps max 2 per application.)

Random ballot to decide allocation, with winners committed to following through the purchase.

OK, I'll get me coat.... 

6 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Do Leicester fans have an away card ,which is chargeable,as do various clubs.Would  Vale fans be happy to pay for the privilege to travel away.I remember, years ago ,Man Utd had a Programme Voucher scheme.Buy a programme,cut out the voucher.A certain amount of vouchers gave you the ability to buy a ticket.Now there is a waiting list for STs and Away Travel Cards at OT.No real answer to ticket allocation except the one we have already.ST holders,first come first served.

They have various membership schemes. So you dont agree that STs who say travel to 10, 15 matches a season should not have priority? They may not contribute money but they bring back points by lifting the players.